Download 2021

Bandit Tom

11 hours ago, scrubbertheman said:

There's a couple on that latest Graspop announcement that could slip into that Friday second stage slot (just noticing that the Zippo brand is removed from 2020 & 2021 posters). 

Once those start popping up on some of the other euro festival line ups it'll be more evident. 

Well there's probably 5 main stage slots still to fill too. Nornally 7 bands friday, 8 on sat and sun. Atm its 6, 5, 7. 2nd stage expect a few more too. 

9 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Well there's probably 5 main stage slots still to fill too. Nornally 7 bands friday, 8 on sat and sun. Atm its 6, 5, 7. 2nd stage expect a few more too. 

Coincidentally, I made a nerd chart averaging out the numbers on the last few year's posters. 

Based on that, we 'should' be seeing another 25 names across the four arena stages. 

It was quite a nostalgia exercise too. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

Royal Blood headlining the Zippo? Feels like there overdue a return 

With Rob Zombie releasing new music this week wouldn't be suprised if he gets annouced 

Rob Zombie in 2022 sure, but i'd be very surprised if he was announced for 2021 given he played the last fest 2019 and has no other European dates booked. 

Remember other Euro fests are ahead of Download with announcements atm - look at Nova Rock, Rock AM/IM, Graspop and Hellfest of you want an idea of who might get added to Download.

if it happens

Friday

Main: KISS / A Day To Remember / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Black Veil Brides / Refused / Theory / Wayward Sons

2nd: Bullet For My Valentine / The Distillers / Airbourne / Lacuna Coil / Myles Kennedy

Avalanche: Bad Religion

Dogtooth: Electric Wizard

Saturday

Main: BIFFY CLYRO / Deftones / Gojira / Puscifer / The Pretty Reckless / Code Orange / Jinjer / Those Damn Crows

2nd: Killswitch Engage / Mastodon / Daughtry / Bush / The Wildhearts / Poppy

Avalanche: Funeral For A Friend

Dogtooth: Sepultura

Sunday

Main: SYSTEM OF A DOWN / Korn / Volbeat / Rise Against / Alestorm / Powerwolf / Ego Kill Talent / Wage War

2nd: Steel Panther / The Darkness / Skillet / Baroness / Of Mice & Men / P.O.D

Avalanche: While She Sleeps

Dogtooth: Myles Kennedy

38 minutes ago, scrubbertheman said:

You called it yesterday right? 

I expected an announcement this week :) announcement predictions: 

Architects (headlining Friday Second) 

Corey Taylor (headlining Friday Avalanche) 

PVRIS (headlining Sunday Avalanche) 

Also announced: Jinjer, Code Orange, Boston Manor, The Hu, Northlane, Ice Nine Kills & Soulfly (amongst others). 

Edited by Andre91

15 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I expected an announcement this week :) announcement predictions: 

Architects (headlining Friday Second) 

Corey Taylor (headlining Friday Avalanche) 

PVRIS (headlining Sunday Avalanche) 

Also announced: Jinjer, Code Orange, Boston Manor, The Hu, Northlane, Ice Nine Kills & Soulfly (amongst others). 

I don't see Architects doing that slot. I think it's too low for them now. Most are of the view they would sub and they've done exactly what BMTH had at the time of sub I believe.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

I don't see Architects doing that slot. I think it's too low for them now. Most are of the view they would sub and they've done exactly what BMTH had at the time of sub I believe.

Yeah, I am in that camp. They were big enough to sub on their last album. But I’m taking all of the tweets Download keep making about them as a hint. Could definitely be very wrong. 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah, I am in that camp. They were big enough to sub on their last album. But I’m taking all of the tweets Download keep making about them as a hint. Could definitely be very wrong. 

I'm not really a fan myself but there is also the whole they've stayed away from Download. I'd be surprised if they did a slot KSE have been given.

2 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Dissappinted tbh. Hopefully Venom Proson won't clash with Gojira, probably only band i'll see from the announcement. Maybe Megadeth but honestly I think thats a very unimspired 2nd stage headliner. 

Knew it wouldn't be Architects. Megadeth is a standard Download booking. Descendants however, I'm happy about.

4 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Andy Copping just said on instagram about half a dozen acts left to book, wanted to announce them all today but couldn't so hopong by xmas or early next year. Couple main stage still to come.

I'm rather annoyed by the SOAD and Descendants clash. I'm not 100% but I'm guessing The Avalanche doesn't end before the headliner.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'm rather annoyed by the SOAD and Descendants clash. I'm not 100% but I'm guessing The Avalanche doesn't end before the headliner.

Hard to guess. For me im hoping they clash Sepultura with Biffy, as in 2019 they would have clashed with Deftones based on timings.