Download 2021

Bandit Tom

Rest In Power. Terrible news. 

I’ll always remember their Main Stage set last year. The response they got was insane and they certainly left a mark on everyone watching. Riley in particular made it what it was. His energy was incredible throughout. I was really looking forward to seeing them climbing the bill after that :( 

• 1 month later...

After having 10 days to live with it, Deftones ‘Ohms’ is my album of 2020 so far. It is stunning. I think it’s my second favourite Deftones album full stop now. It’s prompted such a heavy Deftones binge, they’re pretty much all I’ve listened to since it came out. Firm, firm 10/10 album. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

After having 10 days to live with it, Deftones ‘Ohms’ is my album of 2020 so far. It is stunning. I think it’s my second favourite Deftones album full stop now. It’s prompted such a heavy Deftones binge, they’re pretty much all I’ve listened to since it came out. Firm, firm 10/10 album. 

100% agree. Awesome stuff

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

it's really not.

If Boris doesn't lift measures then it probably will be. But I'm of the view they won't have a vaccine by end of the year.

They essentially don't know 100% how to even combat it. The Chinese will also cover up everything they can being they kept it secret anyway.

35 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

If Boris doesn't lift measures then it probably will be. But I'm of the view they won't have a vaccine by end of the year.

You might be right and there'll be no festival season next summer, but there's nothing happened recently to make it look less likely to happen.

35 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

They essentially don't know 100% how to even combat it. 

there's at least 5 vaccines which (to date) know how to combat it (combatting it by stopping people getting infected in the first place).

37 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The Chinese will also cover up everything they can being they kept it secret anyway.

They might cover up things, but it has no bearing on whether festivals will go ahead or not next summer.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

You might be right and there'll be no festival season next summer, but there's nothing happened recently to make it look less likely to happen.

No but with the threat of a more broadened bar and restaurant closure there is nothing to suggest change. I'd say the numbers at the moment being sky high again though is evidence enough. In my opinion the government needs to drop the masks but keep 2 metres distancing as the masks as mandatory has been the start of the rise.

there's at least 5 vaccines which (to date) know how to combat it (combatting it by stopping people getting infected in the first place).

Wasn't actually aware they had but people will get infected as long as not social distancing in my view. It's going to take ages to get through the most at risk elder generation before the younger one's who are much more easily recovered from it happens anyway.

They might cover up things, but it has no bearing on whether festivals will go ahead or not next summer.

Probably not technically no.

19 hours ago, thewayiam said:

No but with the threat of a more broadened bar and restaurant closure there is nothing to suggest change. I'd say the numbers at the moment being sky high again though is evidence enough. In my opinion the government needs to drop the masks but keep 2 metres distancing as the masks as mandatory has been the start of the rise.

yeah, but this is right-now. My take on things is looking forwards, and using realistic possibilities to do so.

Things might not happen with a vaccine to the timescale I'm working from, but at the mo there's a realistic suggestion those timescales will be hit and that hasn't changed for a while.

19 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Wasn't actually aware they had but people will get infected as long as not social distancing in my view. It's going to take ages to get through the most at risk elder generation before the younger one's who are much more easily recovered from it happens anyway.

the govt currently only plans to vaccine the vulnerable and heath workers which is pretty much the same task as the annual flu jab, so easily do able.

It follows from that they they'll be accepting that the virus will be circulating in the rest of the population. As such there's no justification for making huge efforts to suppress it. It won't be so rampant either, because many people will have had it (or the vaccine).

Finally, what restrictions are in place is subject to political and public pressure, and we can already see how things are breaking down. 

And on the list of safer things, outdoor scores pretty high.

I reckon there's every reason at the moment to remain hopeful.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Aftershock in the US in October 2021 (a download style fest with Metallica and MCR headlining) is teasing some reunions on the bill (subheadliner sized)

Any ideas?

I don’t think it’s quite a sub-headliner sized band judging by the other acts playing the same slot but it got me thinking too. My initial thought was Attack Attack! but there’s no way they’d be that high, even if they were a bigger deal in the US, right :lol:

From a purely selfish standpoint, I wish it to be Mudvayne. 

29 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I don’t think it’s quite a sub-headliner sized band judging by the other acts playing the same slot but it got me thinking too. My initial thought was Attack Attack! but there’s no way they’d be that high, even if they were a bigger deal in the US, right :lol:

From a purely selfish standpoint, I wish it to be Mudvayne. 

At the same sort of billing as Gorja so yeah might be a mid tier act.

Do we have any guesses who the missing second stage headliner is?

41 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

At the same sort of billing as Gorja so yeah might be a mid tier act.

Do we have any guesses who the missing second stage headliner is?

My guess is now Architects. Download have been tweeting about them a fair bit this week (the single, the album, the live stream) and tweeted calling them Download favourites. Also, Architects haven’t announced a tour yet. When they announced Holy Hell, I’m certain I remember them announcing shows in support of it pretty much immediately. So my thinking is that they will do Download in June and then do an arena tour next winter.