Download 2021

Bandit Tom

3 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

Mr. Bungle? Or are Faith No More touring around Download? 

Faith No More are touring UK just after Download, starting on the Monday. Which ruled them out before but now I wonder if FNM might just pop up in that friday 2nd stage headline spot now? Might be waiting for those dates to sell 1st?

Edited by Spiral_Low

5 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Faith No More are touring UK just after Download, starting on the Monday. Which ruled them out before but now I wonder if FNM might just pop up in that friday 2nd stage headline spot now? Might be waiting for those dates to sell 1st?

Yep, rescheduled dates from this year. I've got 5 days at Download rolling straight into FNM. Can't see me being at my best for that gig.  Shame as haven't seen them live since the 90's! 

Finally caught up after months of lock down forgetting to look in. BMTH are still pish and not worthy of tying Parkway's shoe laces. PD will headline, BMTH won't. I'll check out the new Biffy album, probably, although I've never listened to any of their others. Still seen them about 10 times though and they have always been entertaining. They're no maiden but they'll do just fine. I'm finding it hard to see past Electric Wizard against Kiss but if it's Placebo I'll be there. Actually I'd rather spend the entire Kiss set in trap 2 of the campervan field bogs last year getting cramps and shakes trying to hover above the mound of shite and paper than actually watch them. Might actually dress up like them including make up and go to another stage. Some fella I met at Enter Shikari did that last time they were on. "Are you not at the wrong stage mate?" "No Kiss are shit". I am inspired. :)  5FDP will headline before 2024.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

What is so pathetic though? It's just harmless catchy non-serious music.

It’s the same ‘joke’ stretched over about 7/8 albums. It isn’t funny. Nor is most ‘jokey’ music.

Type O Negative were funny. Type O Negative did humour brilliantly. 

Putting a pirate hat on and singing about shagging anchors isn’t funny.

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

It’s the same ‘joke’ stretched over about 7/8 albums. It isn’t funny. Nor is most ‘jokey’ music.

In fairness I've only taken notice being they are on a day I wish to attend and thought they aren't the worst thing to fill 30 mins maybe after P.O.D

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I like it and think it's funny. I've stood in a huge crowd of people who were of similar mind and we had a very nice time. They get a big crowd wherever they play. Their crowd at Bloodstock in 18 was just mental. If you think that tens of thousands of people enjoying themselves and having the best time is pathetic it might be time to consider yourself to be on the periphery of normal. Not that there's anything wrong with that but shouting that it is pathetic is a bit off. And then you go around touting a manufactured talentless boy band who can't even play live. SMH. Bet you don't like steel panther either. *tuts* *rolls eyes*

21 hours ago, callum97 said:

New deftones song is very decent 

Yes, very good.

With Deftones and Gojira albums on the way and Biffy‘s just released, my ears will be content for some time.

Can’t imagine there’ll be anything announced on the other stages that’ll make me decide that I’m not watching those three in a row on main stage on Saturday.(though will try to catch bits of Creeper, FFAF and Mastodon in between sets if possible)

Edited by rivalschools.price

I've just seen Biffy are playing a big outdoor show in June next year, which is a bit unusual since Download headliners haven't played elsewhere the same year in ages, especially as Biffy are one of their smaller headliners. 

Do people reckon that means Download will be more willing to have their headliners play elsewhere the same year now? It could help with some of the major acts that haven't played before like Green Day, Foo Fighters etc if they could do their own shows or appear at other fests too.

13 minutes ago, jump said:

I've just seen Biffy are playing a big outdoor show in June next year, which is a bit unusual since Download headliners haven't played elsewhere the same year in ages, especially as Biffy are one of their smaller headliners. 

Do people reckon that means Download will be more willing to have their headliners play elsewhere the same year now? It could help with some of the major acts that haven't played before like Green Day, Foo Fighters etc if they could do their own shows or appear at other fests too.

Nah, I think it’s just because it’s up in Scotland. When they headlined in 2017 they also did TRNSMT up there. 

34 minutes ago, scrubbertheman said:

And Glastonbury 

The name I was most surprised about and Simon Neil has spoken very openly of his love it. This being said though, I think if they accept a 2nd time spot as an Other headliner or sub they are accepting that's where they are.....of course there coule be a mutual thing from Eavis to them saying that is their point and if which case it doesn't matter.

8 hours ago, jump said:

If so it may mean Faith No More doing the friday 2nd stage headline spot.