Download 2021

Bandit Tom

11 minutes ago, nataliealana said:

Hello,

I'm a long time festival goer but haven't been to Download before. Does anyone know if the headliners on different stages clash, i.e. are Distillers and Kiss on at the exact same time and do Download do day tickets and are they released later?

Hello! It depends year on year. Sometimes there's a complete overlap, sometimes you'll be able to see some of both, and sometimes there's no clash at all. It'll at times make perfect sense, and others be completely inexplicable and frustrate the hell out of you.

You can check out previous lineups' clashes here: https://clashfinder.com/list/?qs=download

Download do release day tickets, and yes they're released much closer to the festival. May-ish, if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, nataliealana said:

Hello,

I'm a long time festival goer but haven't been to Download before. Does anyone know if the headliners on different stages clash, i.e. are Distillers and Kiss on at the exact same time and do Download do day tickets and are they released later?

I might be wrong but looking at the poster it appears Distillers aren't headlining the second stage as there's a space above them so they wouldn't be on at the same time as KISS.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Also, maybe I’m off with how popular they are with the Download crowd, but surely FFAF will absolutely pack out that tent and should’ve been on the second stage, especially with how fast their tour sold out.

Yeah, they’ll surely pack it out. Maybe they want to play the tent, similar to how Shikari did last year? 

21 minutes ago, jump said:

I might be wrong but looking at the poster it appears Distillers aren't headlining the second stage as there's a space above them so they wouldn't be on at the same time as KISS.

You're correct. The Distillers aren't headlining second. 

If you want an idea of overlaps and clashes, look at the Clashfinder website for previous year's Downloads. 

Ps. This wasn't supposed to be replying to you Jump lol

Edited by scrubbertheman
Mistake

Amazing what a couple of additions and removals did for my opinion on the lineup. ADTR, Biffy and Rise Against are fantastic inclusions, and a weekend ticket may have to be considered (although I may likely just opt for a Sunday day ticket).

Frank Carter > ADTR will be great, was cool at Leeds last year.

The Friday run of Tiny Moving Parts, Pup and the menzingers being broken up has made me move from getting a Friday day ticket this year to me probably missing this. The 2021 line-up has strengthened quite well with good adjusting of bands/replacements though except for losing a lot of their third stage bands.

Adding creeper behind FFAF is great for them because I'm sure that tent will already be rammed with FFAF fans waiting to get a good spot.

11 minutes ago, jump said:

Speaking of Crepper their new album which came out on Friday is quality. They my end up being my gig of the year too as it was one of few I went to before the lockdown seemingly cancelled all live music this year.

My gig of the year is Menzingers with Spanish Love Songs as support.

My only one granted.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

My gig of the year is Menzingers with Spanish Love Songs as support.

My only one granted.

That was my last gig this year, too! 

For anyone holding out hope that The Offspring might be announced at a later date, one of the booking team for Download has just replied to me on Twitter saying that they were unfortunately unavailable. 

I hope the headliner on the second stage is a nice alternative to KISS. 

19 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

That was my last gig this year, too! 

For anyone holding out hope that The Offspring might be announced at a later date, one of the booking team for Download has just replied to me on Twitter saying that they were unfortunately unavailable. 

I hope the headliner on the second stage is a nice alternative to KISS. 

Corey Taylor? Have no clue where they'd place him as he's arguably the biggest personality in heavy music

12 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Corey Taylor? Have no clue where they'd place him as he's arguably the biggest personality in heavy music

No chance. His name value alone doesn’t mean he can headline the second biggest stage at Download. 

I think Bullet For My Valentine would make sense but I can’t see their egos accepting a second stage headline slot, even though that’s exactly where they should be. 

24 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

No chance. His name value alone doesn’t mean he can headline the second biggest stage at Download. 

I think Bullet For My Valentine would make sense but I can’t see their egos accepting a second stage headline slot, even though that’s exactly where they should be. 

They accepted the second stage headline slot of Slam Dunk last year though.

Actually thinking about it they might have been on the third stage at Slam Dunk.

Edited by jump

24 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

1 minute ago, jump said:

They accepted a second stage headline slot of Slam Dunk though.

BFMV is actually a fantastic shout for that slot, they really do tick all the boxes.

That might swing me to a full weekend, currently just set on Saturday for the run of Pretty Reckless - Gojira - Deftones - Biffy, with Poppy somewhere in between.

7 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Yep, that's a standard Download line up.

Interesting that they moved it to the first weekend in June instead of the usual second. I was tempted to get a day ticket for Deftones but can't now with it clashing with Prima. Oh well

Moved cuz Rock AM and IM.had to move back a weekend, so Download and Nova Rock moved forward to help them out.