Download 2021

Bandit Tom

21 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Even if they just focus on the classics, there’s no way they should be subbing. They shouldn’t have last time out. Third down or second stage headliner is right for them. 

Oh I agree its too high for them, just that if they were booked there I'd rather it be a classics set. I got Gravity for a quid in a charity shop and felt ripped off.

• Upvote 1

On 7/14/2020 at 8:08 PM, Pottsy2913 said:

The addition of Rise Against, Billy Talent, BMTH and BFMV would make me very, very happy.

Same here. Include Architects and While She Sleeps and it'd be one of my favourite lineups, regardless of the other two headliners (assuming BMTH is one).

6 hours ago, Jericode said:

Oh I agree its too high for them, just that if they were booked there I'd rather it be a classics set. I got Gravity for a quid in a charity shop and felt ripped off.

Have them headline Zippo against Kiss or whoever the dinosaur band is.

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

According to Ken RATM were meant to be doing RW 2021. Obviously now they are no longer going ahead with those plans. Reckon Download may have had them in the pipeline and lost them too?

If they were planning on continuing to tour festivals until 2021 then it must be an almost given that they were lined up for Download. If those plans have now been postponed a year, we can probably make a safe bet of them being there in 2022 instead.

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If they were planning on continuing to tour festivals until 2021 then it must be an almost given that they were lined up for Download. If those plans have now been postponed a year, we can probably make a safe bet of them being there in 2022 instead.

But what about R&L... they aren’t looking like they are making up that date at all.

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

There was speculation that All Points East might have grabbed Rage since there US shows were being run by the same promoter.

18 minutes ago, jump said:

There was speculation that All Points East might have grabbed Rage since there US shows were being run by the same promoter.

Hmm seem a much bigger deal than any of the headliners APE has had thus far. Would surely be an almost instant sell out, especially if their R&L is in the can.

4 hours ago, jump said:

I can't see that & surely BST would be more likely if we're going by the AEG logic, being the bigger of the two London events. 

RATM were booked for Livenation events this year, so AEG don't have any sort of exclusivity on the reunion. 

9 minutes ago, deckchair92 said:

bc1ijvxc0bb51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

As much as I love those bands, I just can’t see Bring Me and Foos.

Given the poor reception Biffy got, I can’t ever see them bumping up a band like Bring Me, who are seen as a “pop sellout band” by most hardcore Download fans even though Amo is better than at least 80% of BMTH’s other output.

As for Foos, I just think if it was ever going to happen, it would have happened by now. There’s been so many chances for them to be booked but Download just don’t ever seem to be interested in them. 

I would happily take both of them over fucking SOAD and Maiden AGAIN.

Edited by TKOCF

7 hours ago, TKOCF said:

As for Foos, I just think if it was ever going to happen, it would have happened by now. There’s been so many chances for them to be booked but Download just don’t ever seem to be interested in them. 

Been said a few times on here now, but what with the major UK festival market dwindling and festivals like TITP gone and IOW downscaling, Download is seeming more likely than ever for Foos imo, especially after only doing Glastonbury and Reading/Leeds so recently. If they're coming to the UK for a festival tour in the next five or so years, there's nowhere else for them to go other than Download. I think it'll happen.

8 hours ago, TKOCF said:

As much as I love those bands, I just can’t see Bring Me and Foos.

Given the poor reception Biffy got, I can’t ever see them bumping up a band like Bring Me, who are seen as a “pop sellout band” by most hardcore Download fans even though Amo is better than at least 80% of BMTH’s other output.

I would happily take both of them over fucking SOAD and Maiden AGAIN.

I think it's more they aren't interested in Download. They'll do Reading every 6 years whatever and their own shows I think when not. Doing Glastonbury for me before Download was a big statement. You've got a shit load of fans there that may not buy a ticket to Reading for eg that see them as a benefit of having a ticket.

• Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Who100 said:

What're the chances of Sabaton, Alestorm, Powerwolf, Amaranthe and Gloryhammer attending in 2021?

Gloryhammer at Bloodstock so zero for them. The others are probably more inclined for Bloodstock but Sabaton and Alestorm could pop up, who knows really.

12 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Defo back. Them and SOAD are two of the three.

Biffy or Bring Me as the final headliner.

If Iron Maiden don't do it, then it would be a poor descion to replace them with one of those bands. A metal band should be replaced by another metal band, or at least a hard rock band. Iron Maiden are a huge draw...does anyone really think Biffy or BMTH would appeal to as many? 

Edited by Spiral_Low

1 hour ago, Spiral_Low said:

If Iron Maiden don't do it, then it would be a poor descion to replace them with one of those bands. A metal band should be replaced by another metal band, or at least a hard rock band. Iron Maiden are a huge draw...does anyone really think Biffy or BMTH would appeal to as many? 

It’s not a like-for-like replacement. It’s not as if Maiden are dropping out and being replaced the very same year. They’ve said they will give priority to bands who can come back over for 2021 and not all bands can. Maiden won’t be the only band unable to return but they will be the biggest. People will attend Download next year regardless of who headlines.