Download 2021

Bandit Tom

29 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

The Original Misfits? could see them subbing the Zippo to Frank Carter or Avalanche headliner 

They won’t ever come over to the UK the amount they’re apparently charging for shows (it’s seven figures, I’ve heard). 

21 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Have Creed ever done a big tour over here? Just looked them up on setlist.fm and fuck all came up other than an odd few dates at the end of the 90s. Maybe they’ll just skip here altogether as they really don’t have that much of an audience, at least not compared to the huge venues they’d play in the states. They’re pretty much just a joke act here.

So are Tenacious D who have played high at Download.

8 hours ago, jump said:

I'd imagine if enough European festivals offered Creed decent paying slots they would change their mind to come over here, their rarity might help them be a more attractive booking. 

That’s my thoughts. They’d be a massive deal in America and I could see them demanding big slots in Europe. I’m sure they’d go down well enough. Perhaps sub was a stretch. Disturbed played third down when they came back so I could see Creed doing similar. 

I now want Creed at Download 2021 for the laughs. I would 100% get hammered and enjoy belting out ‘With Arms Wide Open’, hopefully as there is a quick, heavy downpour during the solo and ‘IF I HAD JUST ONE WISH’ part :lol: Higher and My Sacrifice would be good beer fun too. 

Edited by Andre91

6 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

The Original Misfits? could see them subbing the Zippo to Frank Carter or Avalanche headliner 

I'm pretty sure that's already over. I can't remember it off the top of my head but Danzing put in the contract for the reunion a limit of 10 shows or something like that.

It's a shame as I'd would of liked to have seen them, more so at their own gig than at Download. 

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'd much rather see Creed than Nickelback though.

To be fair I’ve got a bit of a soft spot for Creed as well, as shit as they are. Nostalgia to the days when Kerrang TV only has like five terrible bands playing over and over and Creed was one of them.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

To be fair I’ve got a bit of a soft spot for Creed as well, as shit as they are. Nostalgia to the days when Kerrang TV only has like five terrible bands playing over and over and Creed was one of them.

Yeah one of those where I like about 3 songs but it would interest me a lot to see. Nickelback not really have a couple of catchy songs but Rockstar was terrible. How you remind me was just way over played on Kerrang.

On 6/23/2020 at 7:56 PM, FloorFiller said:

That was ‘17. Still though, Hybrid Theory in full in ‘14, and I wish I had been there to see it!

They didn't play in 17. 14 was their last Download, or has covid shagged my memory?

On 6/25/2020 at 9:49 PM, Andre91 said:

BMTH / Architects / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes. 

Perfect Saturday. 

Aye, sells 4k tickets and they have to give the rest away! Seems that online opinion at least is warming to BMTH headlining. It would irritate the hell out of me but I'd still be there, somewhere other than main :) Online opinion also seems to be warming to the thought of Nickelback so I wouldn't put much store in it :) 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, devilman said:

They didn't play in 17. 14 was their last Download, or has covid shagged my memory?

Aye, sells 4k tickets and they have to give the rest away! Seems that online opinion at least is warming to BMTH headlining. It would irritate the hell out of me but I'd still be there, somewhere other than main :) Online opinion also seems to be warming to the thought of Nickelback so I wouldn't put much store in it :) 

People are so eager for festivals and gigs they would welcome anything including Nickelback.

16 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

The addition of Rise Against, Billy Talent, BMTH and BFMV would make me very, very happy.

God I love Rise Against, absolutely unreal band.

Billy Talent have been unofficially confirmed back at SD I believe. RA under Frank Carter on the original Download Friday would be good....but also clash with Lacuna Coil. Not sure I see a space unless of a drop out.

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

If they focused on the classics I wouldn't mind it, secret set at Reading was good fun.

Even if they just focus on the classics, there’s no way they should be subbing. They shouldn’t have last time out. Third down or second stage headliner is right for them.