Download 2021

Bandit Tom

2 hours ago, Dukey said:

Soooo, Download 2021, who do we think is playing? 

80 to 90% of the bands booked for 2020 probably. Don't be surprised if Iron Maiden do show up, even if they have said they can't reschedule festival dates....their own shows start the week after Download. 

16 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

80 to 90% of the bands booked for 2020 probably. Don't be surprised if Iron Maiden do show up, even if they have said they can't reschedule festival dates....their own shows start the week after Download. 

If they've got 80/90% of 2020 booked for 2021 then they would of announced them by now, I think they are trying to get headliners locked in to cover Maiden and potentially Kiss.

3 hours ago, Swansea93 said:

If they've got 80/90% of 2020 booked for 2021 then they would of announced them by now, I think they are trying to get headliners locked in to cover Maiden and potentially Kiss.

The headliners are obviously what most people care about so if they've lost even one, it'll delay the announcement. But other than headliner changes, it's a safe assumption to think that most of the previous years lineup will be back.

Hell, that's usually the case with Download regardless 😅

• Upvote 3

I’ll be pleased if the vast majority of this year’s lineup returns. There was a lot I really wanted to see on the third and fourth stages and lots of bigger bands peppered in, like Deftones, Frank, Gojira and Mastodon I was super keen to see. I think we’ll get a new headliner and sub on the Saturday and maybe a replacement for KISS if they aren’t coming over but other than that, I’m not expecting too many changes. 

25 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’ll be pleased if the vast majority of this year’s lineup returns. There was a lot I really wanted to see on the third and fourth stages and lots of bigger bands peppered in, like Deftones, Frank, Gojira and Mastodon I was super keen to see. I think we’ll get a new headliner and sub on the Saturday and maybe a replacement for KISS if they aren’t coming over but other than that, I’m not expecting too many changes. 

Looking at Kiss dates on their site, they have shows in Europe stating new date tba, nothing with Download, hopefully we'll get a different headliner for selfish reasons.

My ideal (unrealistic) lineup:

BMTH / Parkway Drive / Architects

A7X (playing Waking The Fallen in full) / BFMV (playing The Poison in full) / Within Temptation

MCR / A Day To Remember / Sum 41

Ideal (realistic) lineup:

BMTH / Architects / Gojira

Foo Fighters / Royal Blood / Frank Carter

Metallica / Biffy Clyro ("special guests") / Disturbed

What we'll most likely get:

Kiss (or another recycled dinosaur band) / Alter Bridge / Gojira

Biffy Clyro / Deftones / Killswitch Engage

SOAD / Korn / Volbeat

Edited by dannymichaels

Normally i'd say no way would FNM play with all those UK tour dates. But they are all sold out and its strange times. Wouldnt rule out a co-headline of Korn and FNM to replace Maiden if Maiden dont do it. (Just speculating). 

Edited by Spiral_Low

Have Creed ever done a big tour over here? Just looked them up on setlist.fm and fuck all came up other than an odd few dates at the end of the 90s. Maybe they’ll just skip here altogether as they really don’t have that much of an audience, at least not compared to the huge venues they’d play in the states. They’re pretty much just a joke act here.