Download 2021

Bandit Tom

I made some comments on here a few weeks ago about how if Download 2021 is going to largely be 2020's lineup, 2022 is the year that they should really start to look towards the future and give lots of bands their first big slots at the festival (whilst having some favourites still), as well as freshening up the Main and Zippo stages with some younger, exciting acts rather than tucking them away on the third and fourth stages all the time. 

I am assuming that Maiden is the headliner that Andy has verbally secured, so I've included them. Also, it would have been 6 years since Maiden headlined come 2022. I've included both formats as I prefer the second one but i find it much harder to read clearly than the black and grey background, particularly the Dogtooth Stage. Anyway, here's the lineup I would book for 2022 if I was in charge of things: 

mBRdVOK.jpg

KlV0aL0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I made some comments on here a few weeks ago about how if Download 2021 is going to largely be 2020's lineup, 2022 is the year that they should really start to look towards the future and give lots of bands their first big slots at the festival (whilst having some favourites still), as well as freshening up the Main and Zippo stages with some younger, exciting acts rather than tucking them away on the third and fourth stages all the time. 

I am assuming that Maiden is the headliner that Andy has verbally secured, so I've included them. Also, it would have been 6 years since Maiden headlined come 2022. I've included both formats as I prefer the second one but i find it much harder to read clearly than the black and grey background, particularly the Dogtooth Stage. Anyway, here's the lineup I would book for 2022 if I was in charge of things: 

mBRdVOK.jpg

KlV0aL0.jpg

I don't think there's any chance of two new headliners like BMTH and FFDP being booked in the same year. Hell, it seems like it's gonna be an uphill struggle just to get one new headliner topping the festival at this stage.

I also guarantee that if the usual suspect headliners are touring in 2022 then they'll be booked first above any new headliners who may lessen ticket sales. Looking at who's not been on the road or at Download for a couple of years now, I could easily see Avenged Sevenfold, Rammstein, and even Metallica being on the road to play alongside Iron Maiden.

Here's hoping Copping has his hand forced and finally gives somebody a bump up though.

36 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I don't think there's any chance of two new headliners like BMTH and FFDP being booked in the same year. Hell, it seems like it's gonna be an uphill struggle just to get one new headliner topping the festival at this stage.

I also guarantee that if the usual suspect headliners are touring in 2022 then they'll be booked first above any new headliners who may lessen ticket sales. Looking at who's not been on the road or at Download for a couple of years now, I could easily see Avenged Sevenfold, Rammstein, and even Metallica being on the road to play alongside Iron Maiden.

Here's hoping Copping has his hand forced and finally gives somebody a bump up though.

Which is why I said this is how I would book Download in 2022 :) 

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I’d be all over that Saturday lineup. 

4 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

Max Cavalera said that Soulfly were scheduled to play in a lot of summer festivals this year including Download, where would they fit if it works for next year?

Yes please for next year. Their last album was solid. I would guess low down Main or mid Zippo. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Andre91 said:

mBRdVOK.jpg

KlV0aL0.jpg

As much as I get the idea here, I think it would be hugely low sales. Alkaline Trio are the main act there for me. Obviously we now know Billy Talent are back are SD.

20 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Even then I don't see it selling well. I mean for me I usually would like more at Download than this.

Maybe the usual Download attendee would like it.

Yeah but we’ve established that you haven’t liked a festival lineup since 2010 or whatever so :lol: 

15 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah but we’ve established that you haven’t liked a festival lineup since 2010 or whatever so :lol: 

No you've established in your own head that I haven't. We'll forget that I attended days at Leeds recently and I've attended Slam Dunk.

And let's be honest, once you've attended Download for two/three years, you've attended it for the next 10 basically.

19 hours ago, thewayiam said:

No you've established in your own head that I haven't. We'll forget that I attended days at Leeds recently and I've attended Slam Dunk.

And let's be honest, once you've attended Download for two/three years, you've attended it for the next 10 basically.

Wait, when was the last time you camped at a festival?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

This is the point I was getting at too :lol: 

So you're saying I should pay money to camp at a festival I don't feel is worth it for me?, or Leeds for example where I feel way too old to spend a weekend there now anyway....and understandably so just for the point of doing it?

4 hours ago, thewayiam said:

So you're saying I should pay money to camp at a festival I don't feel is worth it for me?, or Leeds for example where I feel way too old to spend a weekend there now anyway....and understandably so just for the point of doing it?

Eh? What :lol: I’m saying that you haven’t liked any festival lineup enough to camp at it for god knows how long, so you’ll always find fault with lineups. 

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Eh? What :lol: I’m saying that you haven’t liked any festival lineup enough to camp at it for god knows how long, so you’ll always find fault with lineups. 

Twisting words. I'm not always going to 'find faults' with lineups because I haven't camped for ages.

I have said that I haven't liked a lineup enough to go for a weekend to two festivals I used to, one being a target audience way below my age which is my choice and I'm not obliged to spend money I don't see the need. If you have a problem with me just liking a particular day enough to go then that's your problem and it can continue being so while I enjoy it. You both called me out when I last camped at a festival last and got shut up as it was only last June.

Grow up a little, criticising people who wouldn't go to a weekend of bands you would is pathetic.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Twisting words. I'm not always going to 'find faults' with lineups because I haven't camped for ages.

I have said that I haven't liked a lineup enough to go for a weekend to two festivals I used to, one being a target audience way below my age which is my choice and I'm not obliged to spend money I don't see the need. If you have a problem with me just liking a particular day enough to go then that's your problem and it can continue being so while I enjoy it. You both called me out when I last camped at a festival last and got shut up as it was only last June.

Grow up a little, criticising people who wouldn't go to a weekend of bands you would is pathetic.

You get too wound up. 

Edited by Andre91