Download 2021

Bandit Tom

26 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Why would you buy a ticket without knowing anything? I'm surprised it wasn't announced Thursday night 

I do that every year but mainly because they’re so cheap. For the early bird 150 I get brilliant value. 

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Why would you buy a ticket without knowing anything? I'm surprised it wasn't announced Thursday night 

For a fest like Download which can have line ups that feel very samey I don't think that's much of a problem for the regulars. For fests like Isle of Wight or R&L which can spit out a very different line up year on year it's probably more important to wait for an announcement.

52 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

Queens of the stone age? 

Don’t think there’s any indication of them touring, and Josh said not long ago he was kind of done with long jaunts on the road so not sure if they’ll be as frequent on the festival scene once they’re back. 

Also probably wouldn’t be booked to headline despite them being a great act to give the bump up to.

54 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

Queens of the stone age? 

No signal they are touring, Homme has just done the Desert Sessions album. When you hear Queens news will be when they might be touring. Currently not, probably won’t till 2022 at the very earliest. 

3 hours ago, Red Day said:

I do that every year but mainly because they’re so cheap. For the early bird 150 I get brilliant value. 

That's fair I guess.

2 hours ago, jump said:

For a fest like Download which can have line ups that feel very samey I don't think that's much of a problem for the regulars. For fests like Isle of Wight or R&L which can spit out a very different line up year on year it's probably more important to wait for an announcement.

Maybe just me but I'd be against it being same all the time. I do go Slam Dunk which I guess is similar but much cheaper although Is till wait.

I seem to recall Simon Neil saying that Biffy Clyro would jump at the chance to support the Foo Fighters a while back mind. Is it completely out of the question that they might accept a sub role to the Foo's, if Foo's were to headline? Biffy > Foo's would be magnificent like.

5 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

I seem to recall Simon Neil saying that Biffy Clyro would jump at the chance to support the Foo Fighters a while back mind. Is it completely out of the question that they might accept a sub role to the Foo's, if Foo's were to headline? Biffy > Foo's would be magnificent like.

Not at Download, I could see them doing it at a big stadium show but then they did it at MK Bowl anyway.

7 hours ago, R Shah said:

Foos being confirmed to be in Europe in 2021 is a massive bonus, it's long overdue for them to do DL UK.

Foo Fighters, SOAD and Biffy/Kiss would be cool.

Even I would check out all 3 days lineup if it was Biffy as well. For me that would probably be the best trio they've had, largely because two of them would do other festivals I'd attend. It would be too far removed from metal though.

10 hours ago, R Shah said:

Foos being confirmed to be in Europe in 2021 is a massive bonus, it's long overdue for them to do DL UK.

Foo Fighters, SOAD and Biffy/Kiss would be cool.

Foo Fighters were due to be in Europe right now with no UK dates and Download still didn’t get them. Can’t see it for next year 

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

AC/DC, RATM & Aerosmith is definitely the biggest and best set of headliners, agreed. Tool, Metallica & GNR push it though. 

I think this is stronger if Download get the reunion. I'm not a huge AC/DC or Aerosmith fan but I get the size of them 

3 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

for me it was The Prodigy - Metallica - Black Sabbath

That was decent although I thought The Prodigy needed itna bit darker.

9 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I think this is stronger if Download get the reunion. I'm not a huge AC/DC or Aerosmith fan but I get the size of them 

That was decent although I thought The Prodigy needed itna bit darker.

Do you mean the reunion of Rage? They had at that point gone on hiatus once again and it was only the protest xmas number 1 thing that had them coming out to do shows again.

22 minutes ago, jump said:

Do you mean the reunion of Rage? They had at that point gone on hiatus once again and it was only the protest xmas number 1 thing that had them coming out to do shows again.

In a way yes but it was only two years between it. Reading still got their big reunion back. But then I'm not a huge fan so for me it was 3 acts that certainly wouldn't part with my money. In fact when I think Reading 2008, I'd have been better doing LTJ.

3 hours ago, Swansea93 said:

Does anyone remember the aerial shots from Biffys 2017 headline set? Showing the small crowd they had.

Found this brief clip and yeah, doesn’t look the biggest 

Don’t think that would stop them being rebooked if they were in dire need of a headliner to fill in for Maiden though.

32 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Found this brief clip and yeah, doesn’t look the biggest 

Don’t think that would stop them being rebooked if they were in dire need of a headliner to fill in for Maiden though.

I think Biffy are too much of a poppy option to book for Download. Their latest 3 singles would also die on their arse.