Download 2021

Bandit Tom

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Is there reason to think it might be Foos then?

In Europe around then, playing Germany on the 8th - two days after Download. Maiden not playing and someone if they are around the festival would try and go for. Theyve had the opportunity before and not played but played Download Paris a few years ago so who knows. They seem to be around and we need a headliner. 

Biffy dominated Download TV last night so it might be them, easy filler. Filled in for Leeds in 2016 with FOB and seem a very easy booking.

Thats why I think one of them. 

Friday

Main: KISS / Deftones / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / The Darkness / Alestorm / Powerwolf / WayWard Sons

Zippo Encore: The Offspring / Airbourne / Poppy

Avalanche: Beartooth

Dogtooth: Electric Wizard

Saturday

Main: BIFFY CLYRO / Volbeat / Killswitch Engage / The Pretty Reckless / Daughtry / 3 Doors Down / Bush / Stone Broken

Zippo Encore: Gojira / Mastodon / Sepultura

Avalanche: Funeral For A Friend

Dogtooth: Exodus

Sunday

Main: SYSTEM OF A DOWN / Korn / Disturbed / Babymetal / Jinjer / Of Mice & Men / Thy Art Is Murder / Ego Kill Talent

Zipppo Encore: Sabaton / Mercyful Fate / Baroness

Avalanche: Bowling For Soup

Dogtooth: Periphery

Considering that 2020 is a write off, wouldn’t we expect a higher number of bands touring like fuck next year and willing to play as many shows as possible?

this years’ headliners did nothing for me, so I’m hoping for change. I’d also hope that DL would pull out all the stops to make it exceptional, both for headliners and undercard. 

there was the poll for our preferred headliners. I’d be surprised if many people selected a trio of kiss, maiden and SOAD as their dream line up.

pearl Jam, Foos, Metallica. I can hope! 

7 minutes ago, Moey said:

Considering that 2020 is a write off, wouldn’t we expect a higher number of bands touring like fuck next year and willing to play as many shows as possible?

this years’ headliners did nothing for me, so I’m hoping for change. I’d also hope that DL would pull out all the stops to make it exceptional, both for headliners and undercard. 

there was the poll for our preferred headliners. I’d be surprised if many people selected a trio of kiss, maiden and SOAD as their dream line up.

pearl Jam, Foos, Metallica. I can hope! 

The majority of festivals have been retaining as much of their 2020 lineups as possible and Download will naturally do the same. Iron Maiden have flat out said that they won’t be able to because of plans they had already in 2021 so that’s where we will see a massive change in the lineup. 

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The majority of festivals have been retaining as much of their 2020 lineups as possible and Download will naturally do the same. Iron Maiden have flat out said that they won’t be able to because of plans they had already in 2021 so that’s where we will see a massive change in the lineup. 

and Foos are around and Biffy dominated the Download TV stream last night and are easily booked. FFDP also an option, no one else can really be in the frame. PJ will be touring in July, probably doing BST and Metallica dont look to be around.

11 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

At least no Maiden is a positive for me! 

Biffy were excellent last time they played, but i would personally prefer PJ or Metallica.

makes no odds, as rolled the ticket over anyway! 

Just checked, Frank Carter can’t play on the Friday due to touring with Green Day in Norway, they have a gig in Germany on the Monday so could play Saturday or Sunday. Though it may mean there out altogether, reckon they’ll try and fit it in. 

Also it is very odd every band shown the last two nights (mainly) has had affiliation to this years lineup except from Creeper and Biffy Clyro. Biffy got such a long bit and doesn’t make any sense unless they will be playing next year. Totally mad how long they had when you compare it to other bits of the livestream. 

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Just checked, Frank Carter can’t play on the Friday due to touring with Green Day in Norway, they have a gig in Germany on the Monday so could play Saturday or Sunday. Though it may mean there out altogether, reckon they’ll try and fit it in. 

Also it is very odd every band shown the last two nights (mainly) has had affiliation to this years lineup except from Creeper and Biffy Clyro. Biffy got such a long bit and doesn’t make any sense unless they will be playing next year. Totally mad how long they had when you compare it to other bits of the livestream. 

Creeper and Poppy got coverage tonight and both got confirmed as being on this year’s lineup but didn’t get announced before COVID cancelled things. 

Frank on the Saturday on Biffy day sounds good. 

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Creeper and Poppy got coverage tonight and both got confirmed as being on this year’s lineup but didn’t get announced before COVID cancelled things. 

Frank on the Saturday on Biffy day sounds good. 

All of them then. Biffy arent gonna be on it if they arent booked, to much of a odd band for Download to cover massively if they arent booked. Confirmed in my head.

6 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

All of them then. Biffy arent gonna be on it if they arent booked, to much of a odd band for Download to cover massively if they arent booked. Confirmed in my head.

Apart from Maiden who are getting a solid hour later, Biffy for by far the biggest slot of any band.  

Edited by Andre91

(assuming we have a new lineup, with a few bands rolling over from 2020)

BMTH/BIFFY CLYRO / Gojira / The Ghost Inside / Billy Talent /  Asking Alexandria / Lacuna Coil / Wage War

Zippo: Status Quo / Airbourne

FOO FIGHTERS / Royal Blood / Architects / Killswitch Engage / Black Veil Brides / Hollywood Undead / Palaye Royale / Madina Lake

Zippo:  Within Temptation / Mastodon

METALLICA / Judas Priest / Disturbed / Rival Sons / Arch Enemy / Motionless In White / Jinjer / The Hu

Zippo: All Time Low / Busted

I met Copping at Biffy last time before I went to the second stage.  I like Biffy but the crowd was tiny for a main stage headliner and Copping noticed that. They’ve done nothing of note since and just don’t see them as a headliner at DL and for me personally, they’d be a very disappointing . That said,  It’s the type of thing Andy would do.

10 minutes ago, Red Day said:

I met Copping at Biffy last time before I went to the second stage.  I like Biffy but the crowd was tiny for a main stage headliner and Copping noticed that. They’ve done nothing of note since and just don’t see them as a headliner at DL and for me personally, they’d be a very disappointing . That said,  It’s the type of thing Andy would do.

I think it would be a silly booking. When they subbed before they felt out of place and something wasn't right. It's probably the time I least enjoyed them and I think they only got the slot to headline as it was the less of the two evils of a band that's headlined elsewhere vs one that hasn't. I remember the reaction from him to their sub set wasn't all that and was surprised he'd booked them.

11 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

it could just be that it was cheaper to use their footage to pad out the show than any of the other previous headliners. 

Biffy are tied with KoRn as the band that has played Download the most. 

They have headliner Download once before, as well as headlining Reading & Leeds (twice), Isle of Wight (twice), T in the Park, TRNSMT and Sonisphere. 

I understand that they bring different opinions and like the or not, it is plain and obvious to see that they are a massive band and could definitely headline Download again. People saying they aren’t a Download headliner are talking out of their backside. 

Edited by Andre91

What with Downloads ever dwindling pool of headliners getting smaller by the year they need acts like Biffy to step in every once in a while, and Biffy probably need them just as much what with them playing every festival under the sun to the point that they seemingly had no festival left to play this year. I don’t think they’d be DL’s first choice, but it seems like a no brains booking if they need a festival to play and Download has a vacated headliner slot.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

What with Downloads ever dwindling pool of headliners getting smaller by the year they need acts like Biffy to step in every once in a while, and Biffy probably need them just as much what with them playing every festival under the sun to the point that they seemingly had no festival left to play this year. I don’t think they’d be DL’s first choice, but it seems like a no brains booking if they need a festival to play and Download has a vacated headliner slot.

Exactly, people wanting Metallica: that’s never gonna happen, Copping doesn’t click his fingers and get a headliner. Your going to get Biffy or Foos seemingly and due to the coverage I would say Biffy are favourites. They were class last time, someone’s pulled out so it’s an easy booking. Even though it was a small crowd you can’t count that after this pandemic, you get what you can get and Biffy isn’t a bad compromise. 

54 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Biffy are tied with KoRn as the band that has played Download the most. 

They have headliner Download once before, as well as headlining Reading & Leeds (twice), Isle of Wight (twice), T in the Park, TRNSMT and Sonisphere. 

I understand that they bring different opinions and like the or not, it is plain and obvious to see that they are a massive band and could definitely headline Download again. People saying they aren’t a Download headliner are talking out of their backside. 

That's just your opinion.  As I've said before, I like Biffy, have seen them since they were playing small venues, but for me they're a pretty disappointing DL Main Stage headliner.  I'd certainly not be getting very excited if they get announced.

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

That's just your opinion.  As I've said before, I like Biffy, have seen them since they were playing small venues, but for me they're a pretty disappointing DL Main Stage headliner.  I'd certainly not be getting very excited if they get announced.

I mean, nobody’s saying they’d be first choice - they obviously aren’t what with them not being booked to headline this year - but if Iron Maiden are out and DL are in need of a headliner (assuming they weren’t already in talks with somebody for 2021, which they might well have been), there’s a suitable option right on their doorstep. 

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I mean, nobody’s saying they’d be first choice - they obviously aren’t what with them not being booked to headline this year - but if Iron Maiden are out and DL are in need of a headliner (assuming they weren’t already in talks with somebody for 2021, which they might well have been), there’s a suitable option right on their doorstep. 

I think Biffy are much more likely than Foos. You'd have thought announcement tomorrow surely?

1 hour ago, Tom Connolly said:

Are we genuinely thinking there’s going to be an announcement very soon?

You’d like to think so. The tickets going on sale again without any early bird discounts  makes me think they’ll be announcing something soon. I was hoping/expecting something over the weekend,