Download 2021

Bandit Tom

37 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’m expecting a lineup announcement this week. 

Whats your prediction? Cause BMTH are playing Nova and touring, I reckon they'll replace Kiss or Iron Maiden. my prediction is BMTH, SOAD and someone else who I cannot predict.

EDIT: Looks like Kiss are rescheduling from their website.

KISS / BRING ME THE HORIZON / SYSTEM OF A DOWN

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

4 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Whats your prediction? Cause BMTH are playing Nova and touring, I reckon they'll replace Kiss or Iron Maiden. my prediction is BMTH, SOAD and someone else who I cannot predict.

I’m thinking Five Finger Death Punch, System Of A Down and KISS. 

5 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

From last years to that isn't good. I know new headliners but BMTH right now are not a strong one and certainly not for a non pop festival.

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Anything to suggest FFDP are touring? Not booked for EU festivals and only have an American tour, they weren't doing anything this year, why next year?

Ivan said at the end of their Wembley show at the start of the year that the next time they’re over here it’ll be headlining Download. It might just be him talking up their chances but it’s definitely the right time to push them up and if they were signed up for 2021 already they are the obvious choice to take Maiden’s place in the trio of headliners. 

7 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Kiss/System of a Down/Foo Fighters. Make it happen Download.

Foo Fighters were insanely good at Leeds last year (joint best live band I've seen), and I think they'd smash a headline set at Download.

Edited by Pottsy2913

14 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Kiss/System of a Down/Foo Fighters. Make it happen Download.

Foo Fighters were insanely good at Leeds last year (joint best live band I've seen), and I think they'd smash a headline set at Download.

In a funny contrast, Foo Fighters’ set at Leeds last year was the second worst headline slot I’ve seen in 10 years of going to festivals. Bloated, self-indulgent and duller than dishwater. They’d fit in perfectly headlining Download’s Main Stage. 

Edited by Andre91

like all festivals for next year, i think they will stick to the same lineup from 2020. but i don't think that Maiden and Alter Bridge are playing anymore because Maiden cancelled all the festivals and Creed are touring next year instead of AB. my prediction:

Main: KISS / Deftones / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Airbourne

Zippo Encore:  The Offspring / The Darkness

Main: FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH / Ghost / Gojira / The Pretty Reckless

Zippo Encore: Sabaton / Mastodon

Main: SYSTEM OF A DOWN / Korn / Disturbed / Jinjer

Zippo Encore: Volbeat / Killswitch Engage

Edited by gabrielomachado

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

In a funny contrast, Foo Fighters’ set at Leeds last year was the second worst headline slot I’ve seen in 10 years of going to festivals. Bloated, self-indulgent and duller than dishwater. They’d fit in perfectly headlining Download’s Main Stage. 

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Nah, fair enough, although I must say I'm surprised. It was the first time I've ever seen them, so that might have been a factor too.

Have you seen them before out of curiosity, and do you think it is just a case of you've seen them too many times, if you will?

17 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Nah, fair enough, although I must say I'm surprised. It was the first time I've ever seen them, so that might have been a factor too.

Have you seen them before out of curiosity, and do you think it is just a case of you've seen them too many times, if you will?

I saw them headline in 2012 and loved it, although the elongating if every song was a little annoying at times. So when I saw them in 2019 the elongating of every song (I am certain The Pretender lasted 12 minutes) really, really grated on me and I cleared off after an hour. Although some of my friends were seeing them for the first time and loved it, much like you. 

34 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

like all festivals for next year, i think they will stick to the same lineup from 2020. but i don't think that Maiden and Alter Bridge are playing anymore because Maiden cancelled all the festivals and Creed are touring next year instead of AB. my prediction:

This looks good. Although I can see them holding off on Ghost until it’s time for them to headline. I think Jinjer are way too high on your lineup too. Sabaton headlining the Zippo or even subbing the Main is something that should happen in 2021. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Thought it was a great set myself.

3 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

Creed are back?

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

A Creed reunion? Pack it in, 2020, you’ve done enough already. 

No worse than a screamo band turned pop band that are given a headline shot at a festival they weren't when they actually suited it a lot more. I'd be slightly worried about FOB getting a call....they have afterall co-headlined a major festival that sold out.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

No worse than a screamo band turned pop band that are given a headline shot at a festival they weren't when they actually suited it a lot more. I'd be slightly worried about FOB getting a call....they have afterall co-headlined a major festival that sold out.

Out of interest, how old are you? You using ‘screamo’ gives me an idea :P 

Fall Out Boy straight up headlined R&L in 2018, they didn’t co-headline with anyone that year. 

Edited by Andre91

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Out of interest, how old are you? You using ‘screamo’ gives me an idea :P 

Fall Out Boy straight up headlined R&L in 2018, they didn’t co-headline with anyone that year. 

Doesn't matter how old I am. They are, or at least were a 'screamo' band. I'm not the only one who has said they wouldn't fit Download now.

4 hours ago, Jericode said:

Guessing he meant 2016 when they co-headlined with Biffy but yeah, they've headlined it outright since then.

Ah yes, forgot all about them outright headlining in 2018.

52 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Doesn't matter how old I am. They are, or at least were a 'screamo' band. I'm not the only one who has said they wouldn't fit Download now.

BMTH have never been a "Screamo" band. 

Also If they did Pray For Plagues and Diamonds Aren't Forever at All Points East, they'd almost certainly play a heavier set for Download. They aren't limited to Amo songs.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Ah yes, forgot all about them outright headlining in 2018.

If you’re here labelling metal bands as ‘screamo’, I don’t think Download is the festival for you. 

BMTH’s APE set would have gone down a storm at Download, they played stuff from every album. 

Edited by Andre91