Download 2021

Bandit Tom

2 hours ago, Bandit Tom said:

Reckon A Day To Remember might have a shot at headlining, cancelling their rescheduled tour for what would have been next year around the same time screams conflict of contracts to me.

I was a massive supporter of ADTR’s potential step up to headlining Download the next time they play but after their newer material and seeing how poor they were at Leeds last year, they are way, way off headlining Download. I could see them subbing again, perhaps. 

15 hours ago, Bandit Tom said:

Reckon A Day To Remember might have a shot at headlining, cancelling their rescheduled tour for what would have been next year around the same time screams conflict of contracts to me.

I'd love to see it, I personally thought they were class at Leeds last year. I'd say they deserve a shot, especially if the new album does well.

9 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

SOAD announcing revised EU tour on Monday, we will see whether they have a Download gap. Copping may even announce as the start to Download week.

I'd be surprised if they aren't at Download announcing this early. I'd rather is be their own UK dates to be honest 

4 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I'd be surprised if they aren't at Download announcing this early. I'd rather is be their own UK dates to be honest 

yeah they should be, I have never seen them so I really want them at Download, especially when I'll be at Uni in Nottingham and Castle Donington isn't far. Wont be able to do full weekend due to exams, might get away with the days of music (pending headliners) but if SOAD are there definitely one of the three.

I wouldn't like arenas to be honest, i would rather see them outside.

6 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

yeah they should be, I have never seen them so I really want them at Download, especially when I'll be at Uni in Nottingham and Castle Donington isn't far. Wont be able to do full weekend due to exams, might get away with the days of music (pending headliners) but if SOAD are there definitely one of the three.

I wouldn't like arenas to be honest, i would rather see them outside.

I try avoid Download as much as possible that's why I'd rather an arena but I fully expect them Sunday again.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Because I think it's a poorly designed and organized festival overall run by people with care for their customers apart from ££ through the door. The main behind it is a complete bellend!

I dont mind how its set up, Castle Donington is a complicated site with the racecourse through it, I agree people behind it are bellends and only care for money. Still love a headliner at the main stage.

10 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I dont mind how its set up, Castle Donington is a complicated site with the racecourse through it, I agree people behind it are bellends and only care for money. Still love a headliner at the main stage.

It's fine until you have to circulate past the chair brigade. Nothing is ever put in place quick enough for weather issues. Also as generally I'd only go now as a day holder, the parking price is extortionate and should not be priced the same as a weekend.

SOAD scrapped all dates except Zurich on the 8th June. Said in the statement they are gonna play some festivals. Strange they didn’t reschedule all dates probs not wanting to over do it especially with what’s going on.

Reckon RAR/RIP, Download and Werchter will happen (touch wood) surprising that though. 

1 hour ago, Bandit Tom said:

Twenty One Pilots. 

On the up from a pretty sick R&L set last year, noted as being on the headline list for the survey for next year, on the European run in June/July anyway, could see them in for it possibly. 

They were outstanding at Leeds Fest

27 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Indeed, they were class at Leeds. Could see them potentially going down quite well at Download, but for some reason, I just can't see them ever doing it. Would love to be proven wrong though.

Dont think it would work at all at Download, I was pleasantly surprised at Leeds but Download, they would get a worse reception than Biffy and when they appeal to younger and more of a pop fan culture, no, not at Download.