Download 2021

Bandit Tom

On 2/10/2020 at 10:21 PM, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Well I was wrong about them only sticking to the US

I should hope that  Europe June - July festivals will get a stab of them out of fairness. However, I am not holding my breath.

They could always choose to do Glastonbury instead of Download.

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

They could always choose to do Glastonbury instead of Download.

I doubt it, very much a band that follows the money. They cancelled on Download in 2008 because R&L came knocking with more cash - if they tour again next year & don't do Download it'll be because APE or BST threw more money at them.

7 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I doubt it, very much a band that follows the money. They cancelled on Download in 2008 because R&L came knocking with more cash - if they tour again next year & don't do Download it'll be because APE or BST threw more money at them.

Where did you see that? And tbf 2008 was terriable and bands would have known Download were in process of buying the land for current site.

9 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Where did you see that? And tbf 2008 was terriable and bands would have known Download were in process of buying the land for current site.

Common knowledge, Copping mentioned it years ago at some event, the original 2008 headliners were RATM, Rammstein & Foo Fighters, Kiss asked to play & were turned away. RATM bailed in favour of the money from R&L, Foos decided to do their own shows instead of festivals & Rammstein went back into the studio to record. Leaving Copping to bump Offspring & Lostprophets & ask Kiss if they still wanted the gig. 

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Common knowledge, Copping mentioned it years ago at some event, the original 2008 headliners were RATM, Rammstein & Foo Fighters, Kiss asked to play & were turned away. RATM bailed in favour of the money from R&L, Foos decided to do their own shows instead of festivals & Rammstein went back into the studio to record. Leaving Copping to bump Offspring & Lostprophets & ask Kiss if they still wanted the gig. 

Ah fair. 2008 was shit but I did enjoy Cavalera Conspiracy and Testament...some crazy pits. 2009 was vastly better.

On 2/12/2020 at 5:03 PM, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Copping chats shit so I'd take that with a pitch of salt.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dream - RATM/Foo Fighters/MCR

Could it realistically happen? Possibly, although it’s more of a pipe dream. Think getting both Rage and MCR is the best we could hope for. Have FFDP subbing Rage, ADTR subbing Foo’s again (thought they were class at Leeds, them into Foo’s was wicked) and FOB into MCR. Lovely time all around (for me anyway).

Realistically - RATM/Avenged Sevenfold/Aerosmith

Edited by Pottsy2913

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Reckon KISS are a dead cert for this now.

If they were meant to be retiring so they may not want to hang around for another year, plus they are in their 70s and already rich so with the virus is still likely to be around in a year they may not want to risk it.