Glastonbury 2020 type 1 diabetes thread

Crazyfool01

I have been posting this thread for a few years now for anyone that has type 1 diabetes and is attending the festival and would like any type 1 festival advice .... I have had a fairly late diagnosis about 8 years ago but have been attending  the festival since ... any worries or questions do not hesitate to PM me or post below and I will be more than willing to give as much advice as I can .. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

i've been going with type 1 for a number of years, ive recently been prescribed the freestyle libre sensor, hoping it will make checking my levels so much easier not having to find somewhere to wash my hands and finger prick regularly.

thankfully never had any issues while at the festival, only worry is usually keeping the insulin cold on a hot year

1 hour ago, prestonmike said:

i've been going with type 1 for a number of years, ive recently been prescribed the freestyle libre sensor, hoping it will make checking my levels so much easier not having to find somewhere to wash my hands and finger prick regularly.

thankfully never had any issues while at the festival, only worry is usually keeping the insulin cold on a hot year

ive been using the freestyle libre since it became nhs prescription available ... unfortunately mine failed on the first day last time and the year before was fallow   I knocked it when getting stuff in last year ... so I had to go back to the backup option of finger pricking ...  its life changing ... although im not sure I always want to know the trends with my alcohol consumption :) ... the best option for insulin cooling is a FRIO wallet .. available from amazon ... if you use this link i believe efestivals should get a commission ... but its available elsewhere ... its activated by a quick soak in water and works really well. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=frio+insulin+wallet&crid=6026J9RA6ZQZ&sprefix=frio%2Caps%2C147&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_4

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

ive been using the freestyle libre since it became nhs prescription available ... unfortunately mine failed on the first day last time and the year before was fallow   I knocked it when getting stuff in last year ... so I had to go back to the backup option of finger pricking ...  its life changing ... although im not sure I always want to know the trends with my alcohol consumption :) ... the best option for insulin cooling is a FRIO wallet .. available from amazon ... if you use this link i believe efestivals should get a commission ... but its available elsewhere ... its activated by a quick soak in water and works really well. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=frio+insulin+wallet&crid=6026J9RA6ZQZ&sprefix=frio%2Caps%2C147&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_4

i've got one of those frio wallets lying around somewhere, will have to dig it out before june, think i'll take some testing stris as a backup incase the libre stops working or gets knocked off

1 minute ago, prestonmike said:

i've got one of those frio wallets lying around somewhere, will have to dig it out before june, think i'll take some testing stris as a backup incase the libre stops working or gets knocked off

or take a spare libre :)  ... I keep spares of most things in a bag in the lockups just for safe keeping :) ... any spare insulin obviously make sure its in a frio wallet and take it out and reactivate it after a couple of days ... lockups are marvellous though