Stupid but not stupid Questions ... glastonbury 2020

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, Neville Street said:

I would say about 2011 is right for it becoming a proper “thing”. A few years ago there was only 1 fire and it was stupidly rammed in the stone circle field. Now there are at least 3, all with their own Phoenix and fireworks.

and its still stupidly rammed :) 

2 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Amazing that it's not even 10 years of happening and is now a firm part of the festival

The 50th display will be spectacular I would think ... and yes but remembering back its probably just over 10 years ago we would head back after headlines ... start campfires with 3 for £5 wax flares burn paper cups  and sit around waiting for people to play shit versions of wonder wall on a guitar . :) 

17 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The 50th display will be spectacular I would think ... and yes but remembering back its probably just over 10 years ago we would head back after headlines ... start campfires with 3 for £5 wax flares burn paper cups  and sit around waiting for people to play shit versions of wonder wall on a guitar . :) 

So Noel used to travel round the site to entertain the people?

1 hour ago, Bryanrebe said:

How early do you need to book coach travel? Does it ever sell out? Now I've got WV confirmed I want to book transport.

I would get it booked sooner rather than later. Spaces will still be available but prices increase judging previous posts. 

1 hour ago, Beardybrain said:

I put this on the questions board but this might be a better place for it 

We can’t get away until the Thursday morning so won’t arrive at the site until late morning at earliest, what are the chances of finding space for a small tent not too far from all the fun

You have no chance of getting pennards or oxlyers on a Thursday. All prime real estate is gone by Wednesday afternoon. 

You haven't said what your mode of transportation is but if it's coming through gate A you will find plenty around pylon etc. The closest fields to the gate. Bright side is less distance to walk on Monday when you're hanging. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, H.M.V said:

I would get it booked sooner rather than later. Spaces will still be available but prices increase judging previous posts. 

You have no chance of getting pennards or oxlyers on a Thursday. All prime real estate is gone by Wednesday afternoon. 

You haven't said what your mode of transportation is but if it's coming through gate A you will find plenty around pylon etc. The closest fields to the gate. Bright side is less distance to walk on Monday when you're hanging. 

Also it depends on how you're "doing" the weekend. Every year I fret about getting a decent spot nearish Pennards but I pack a bag in the morning and don't go back to the tent til bed so really it makes very little difference where I'm camped. 

In 2010 we actually ended up in South Park and it was still incredible. 

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

There are plenty of decent Beatles tribute acts but I've never seen a truly authentic-feeling Stones one.  Something about them seems really difficult to replicate.

With most tribute bands they just have to stand there and sound like the real thing. Whereas with the Stones you need a convincing Jagger impression too, which is almost impossible to pull off.