Stupid but not stupid Questions ... glastonbury 2020

Crazyfool01

6 hours ago, MooseKat said:

Will be bringing my family to Glasto for the first time with 2 kids (11 + 16). We are looking to camp at one of the family friendly sites. I have one of those monster 6 man tents with living room, home cinema, garage. Are these ok to bring or should I bring 2 smaller "festival" style tents??

We camped close to wicket in lime kiln and there were quite a few large tents there, some families seemed to have a big tent and a smaller one adjacent as a store of clothes etc. Wicket if I recollect is fenced off for security, own toilets etc. Food outlets close by as well. I think the main drawback is that it’s a distance to the kids zone though that won’t be a problem with 11and16 year olds!  There also seemed to be a decent amount of space left on Wednesday evening. 

22 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

As above ... thats when I got mine and you won't need to rustle up any space blankets 

22 hours ago, gfa said:

Is there a cheaper version on amazon or something or should I just cough up?

Interestingly, Quechua is actually Decathlon! Actually, that’s not that interesting ?

@gfa I have this one as well as the pop up, cheaper, easier to carry than a giant disc and takes about 5 mins to put up max

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/arpenaz-3-freshblack-tent-3-man-id_8357355.html?iv_=__iv_p_1_g_61980133654_c_316432589974_w_aud-308557097973:pla-329717981662_n_g_d_m_v__l__t__r_1o2x_pla_y_15177021_f_online_o_2030820_z_GB_i_en_j_329717981662_s__e__h_9045103_ii__vi__&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhvnhx_7d5QIViKztCh0rAAi3EAQYAiABEgL7R_D_BwE 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stuie said:

Interestingly, Quechua is actually Decathlon! Actually, that’s not that interesting ?

@gfa I have this one as well as the pop up, cheaper, easier to carry than a giant disc and takes about 5 mins to put up max

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/arpenaz-3-freshblack-tent-3-man-id_8357355.html?iv_=__iv_p_1_g_61980133654_c_316432589974_w_aud-308557097973:pla-329717981662_n_g_d_m_v__l__t__r_1o2x_pla_y_15177021_f_online_o_2030820_z_GB_i_en_j_329717981662_s__e__h_9045103_ii__vi__&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhvnhx_7d5QIViKztCh0rAAi3EAQYAiABEgL7R_D_BwE 

of course it is ... and that was the source of my lovely inflatable :) 

12 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Was that from the final night this year? We packed up the day before and got a hostel for the night when we saw what was coming. It’s much easier to pack a dry tent. 

Yeah - we struggled to get just our stuff together and everything was soaked through there was no way we were taking our £20 tents back when it costed £60 for the baggage upgrade when they were soaking wet ?

1 hour ago, stuie said:

That was the one I was thinking of, £10 extra for an extra man so I will probably split it with someone I reckon to get back some of the cost or maybe have it all to myself if i feel greedy

9 hours ago, MooseKat said:

Will be bringing my family to Glasto for the first time with 2 kids (11 + 16). We are looking to camp at one of the family friendly sites. I have one of those monster 6 man tents with living room, home cinema, garage. Are these ok to bring or should I bring 2 smaller "festival" style tents??

Moosemageddon?

7 hours ago, stuie said:

That's the one im planning to get as well. Its light enough that I can travel home with it and use it in the future. My only logistics problem is I cant order it beforehand... so Im going to have to try to buy it in store somewhere when I land in London!

2 hours ago, MetaKate said:

That's the one im planning to get as well. Its light enough that I can travel home with it and use it in the future. My only logistics problem is I cant order it beforehand... so Im going to have to try to buy it in store somewhere when I land in London!

Unless you can order it to a London address and collect from them when in the uk ? 

3 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Looks like there’s a Decathlon in Kensington, but there must be a risk they may not have an appropriate tent in stock. There’s stores in Canada https://www.decathlon.ca/en/ ...can’t you bring one as you’re ok to return with one? 

On 11/8/2019 at 6:54 PM, moams said:

Are the queues actually as bad as people are making out for the coaches on Monday, even the national express ones?

I've travelled by National Express and the shuttle to Castle Carey.  The National Express wasn't too bad as they make you stick to your ticket time (after all, you've chosen this yourself so it should be convenient).  See Tickets is a free for all though as far as I could make out.  And the queue to get the shuttle offsite to CC this year was about two hours from the end of the queue to getting on the coach.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

I've travelled by National Express and the shuttle to Castle Carey.  The National Express wasn't too bad as they make you stick to your ticket time (after all, you've chosen this yourself so it should be convenient).  See Tickets is a free for all though as far as I could make out.  And the queue to get the shuttle offsite to CC this year was about two hours from the end of the queue to getting on the coach.  

Well we’ve booked the national express coach and fairly early on the Monday as well so hopefully it won’t be an issue. 

11 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Unless you can order it to a London address and collect from them when in the uk ? 

Possibly, but my friends from London arent going this year and I wasnt planning to stay with them. Definitely some logistics for me to figure out. 

10 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Looks like there’s a Decathlon in Kensington, but there must be a risk they may not have an appropriate tent in stock. There’s stores in Canada https://www.decathlon.ca/en/ ...can’t you bring one as you’re ok to return with one? 

I checked it out on the Canada site a few weeks ago and its $300! It's only £45 in the UK which is the equivalence of about $80 CAD. And it will stop me from having to travel with it beforhand in Europe. 

3 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Possibly, but my friends from London arent going this year and I wasnt planning to stay with them. Definitely some logistics for me to figure out. 

I checked it out on the Canada site a few weeks ago and its $300! It's only £45 in the UK which is the equivalence of about $80 CAD. And it will stop me from having to travel with it beforhand in Europe. 

I'm sure someone can have it delivered and take it to the festival for you. If you're happy taking it home. Might he better to sort in the summer when people make arrangements for travel and all. Also things can change in 6 months. 

7 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

I'm sure someone can have it delivered and take it to the festival for you. If you're happy taking it home. Might he better to sort in the summer when people make arrangements for travel and all. Also things can change in 6 months. 

Or as someone said above, if I can deliver it to the store or an ASDA? Im thinking about skipping London altogether this year so I could deliver to an ASDA somewhere like Bath and then just pick it up and be on my way! 

1 hour ago, MetaKate said:

Or as someone said above, if I can deliver it to the store or an ASDA? Im thinking about skipping London altogether this year so I could deliver to an ASDA somewhere like Bath and then just pick it up and be on my way! 

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/delivery.html

looks like so long that it’s under 25kg they will deliver to an ASDA. So if you are getting a few bits split the order to be safe (free delivery over £30)