Stupid but not stupid Questions ... glastonbury 2020

Crazyfool01

30 minutes ago, waynewdk said:

What is the phone coverage like these days, in 2014 I was supposed to meet my mate at the gate, who was comin down later. I received a message, about 11pm saying “we are just in the a services and are 2 hours away,   So did my own thing for like 2 hours, then I got angry text saying “where the f@ck are you” they’d been stood inside the gate for like 90 mins in the rain, but the massive delay in the network  messed everything up.

In my experience it’s much improved, there were times in the past when texts arrived in a batch the following day, I don’t recall any serious delays this year. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, sedra said:

Where’s the best place to camp and will there still be places left on Thursday for 6 man tent?

This is very much a matter of personal taste. Also, with regard to sites filling up, some certainly will have by Thursday (although you didn't say at which time on Thursday, as that is quite crucial too).

Over the last few years I have been a regular at Bushy Ground. It is a bit out of the way so there's a bit of a hike to get into the action, but its not too bad. But it's fairly flat (I struggle to sleep on a slope) and usually very roomy so I think you'd be able to find a big spot on Thursday. Also, it is on high ground, so on the very very slim chance, there is any rain, flooding will not affect you. It is also relatively sedate - I know some other sites have a reputation for being a bit noisy at night, but my experience is, this isn't one of them.

16 hours ago, caballosblancos said:

Can you nip out of the festival to go to the shop? ?‍♂️

There was a Co-op shop on site this year near Arcadia, much better than leaving the site unless you're looking for something niche that simply cannot wait when you're at the best festival on the planet.

35 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

If I don't get a tent at WV I'll have to buy a one-off tent. What is the best way to donate it at the end of the festival?

We have a tent in NZ so don't really need to bring it back, but don't want to travel around Europe with our one for six weeks!

Take it don’t leave it was the official advice given by the festival over recent years. It might have to be put in the waste ensuring all pegs are removed from the field. We usually camp up in lime kiln and I can’t recollect seeing a tent recycling point though as we use the same tent every year never had the need to look for one. Hope you get WV.  

1 hour ago, Bryanrebe said:

If I don't get a tent at WV I'll have to buy a one-off tent. What is the best way to donate it at the end of the festival?

We have a tent in NZ so don't really need to bring it back, but don't want to travel around Europe with our one for six weeks!

Out of the box suggestion but you might be able to find someone on here with a spare tent they’re willing to bring for you. 

We’re all big fans of leave no trace. I’d offer to lend you a tent if I had a spare one and wasn’t already struggling with my light load.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, sedra said:

Where’s the best place to camp and will there still be places left on Thursday for 6 man tent?

within Unknown-2.jpeg.4244ebb0b0cbc3a877297e8c5c685faa.jpeg

within the fence line somewhere ... its not about where you camp ... its about how nice you are to your neighbours ... the offer of a cider helps make friends for the festival ... many say that the best place to camp will be near where you are likely to finish the night .... others won't have a clue where they are going or ending up 

3 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

Lots of people ‘donate’ their tents at the end. It’s a big problem. Good luck with WV, but if you’re unlucky with that then take the tent away, clean it up and donate to a charity shop. ? 

35006D31-DB78-474A-8171-832AA361F1AE.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Will be bringing my family to Glasto for the first time with 2 kids (11 + 16). We are looking to camp at one of the family friendly sites. I have one of those monster 6 man tents with living room, home cinema, garage. Are these ok to bring or should I bring 2 smaller "festival" style tents??

18 minutes ago, MooseKat said:

Will be bringing my family to Glasto for the first time with 2 kids (11 + 16). We are looking to camp at one of the family friendly sites. I have one of those monster 6 man tents with living room, home cinema, garage. Are these ok to bring or should I bring 2 smaller "festival" style tents??

Easy. Monster!

*Unless* the 16 year old is really grotty - in which case bring a separate tent for them. 

4 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

Pack it up neatly, as if you were selling it, then hand over to the stewards at an info point. Note that if it's mucky or otherwise damaged, it might get landfilled rather than reused.

16 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

If Chris Martin makes a sound in The Glade but no one is there to hear it, does he still make a sound?

if he makes a sound in the Glade and no one is there to hear it ... he will make another appearance until someone does .... and it doesnt make him sound :) 

6 hours ago, MooseKat said:

Depends when you arrive. We found room for a six man tent in Wicket Ground around 1pm on Thursday this year but it was getting a little difficult to find space for such a big tent.

There would likely still be room in places like Darble or Pylon Ground but you might struggle in Wicket Ground (and no chance on Thursday in Cockmill) with a really big tent if you were much later.