Stupid but not stupid Questions ... glastonbury 2020

Crazyfool01

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

Are Fresh and Black tents worth investing in or should i get a cheap one and throw space blankets/sleeping bag ontop of it? Will they ever go down from like £70 is there a better time of the year to get them? Or a good website for price alerts?

As above ... thats when I got mine and you won't need to rustle up any space blankets 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

James Arthur .... and  google might be useful to prevent me swearing 

I tried that, but it seemed to me he's something off TV, and got into an argument on social media?  That's all based on his "wiki" entry, which I do admit does bear some editing fingerprints all over it.  Google just gives me load of "media" "articles" saying the same thing.  I feel like I've missed something here!

Just now, gfa said:

Of course just if theres a better and cheaper option I would prefer to take that :)

I guess from the recommendations ive seen on here they come out very well ... and black friday offers some very good reductions as mentioned maybe have a look at the time and see whats available below a max price ... steer clear of supermarket or single skin ones if possible though 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I guess from the recommendations ive seen on here they come out very well ... and black friday offers some very good reductions as mentioned maybe have a look at the time and see whats available below a max price ... steer clear of supermarket or single skin ones if possible though 

Cheers - I had a Decathlon one for Sziget and it just got ruined and wasn’t worth paying £60 to fly back to england (which i knew would happen) but it seemed to hold out pretty well so I reckon fresh and black is what i will get. Hopefully it will last longer than that tent did as I didn’t really want to dump it there but it just didn’t make any sense financially to take a beaten up, flooded tent home.

1 hour ago, rumpola said:

Has ME ever said any particular festival wasn't the best ever?

He ever said it in 2007 when people had to swim out to the coach park and tread water without cover for 3 hours in lashing rain. After which, hoards of desperate refugees covered head to toe in mud finally wept all the way home.

So, probably not. But he didn't look like he believed it that year.

What is the phone coverage like these days, in 2014 I was supposed to meet my mate at the gate, who was comin down later. I received a message, about 11pm saying “we are just in the a services and are 2 hours away,   So did my own thing for like 2 hours, then I got angry text saying “where the f@ck are you” they’d been stood inside the gate for like 90 mins in the rain, but the massive delay in the network  messed everything up.

10 hours ago, gfa said:

Cheers - I had a Decathlon one for Sziget and it just got ruined and wasn’t worth paying £60 to fly back to england (which i knew would happen) but it seemed to hold out pretty well so I reckon fresh and black is what i will get. Hopefully it will last longer than that tent did as I didn’t really want to dump it there but it just didn’t make any sense financially to take a beaten up, flooded tent home.

Was that from the final night this year? We packed up the day before and got a hostel for the night when we saw what was coming. It’s much easier to pack a dry tent.