Stupid but not stupid Questions ... glastonbury 2020

Crazyfool01

Ok im sure some of the New members of the forum  and Glastonbury new people are dying to ask questions , whilst lurking but afraid to ask them because they dont want to seem daft ... we have all been there before .. some of us quite a while ago .... some come out of the wood work and ask away ... I and hopefully some other members will endeavour to answer them for you .. anything Glastonbury related goes :) post away 

• Like 1

I’d like to ask and answer one myself, after a discussion in another thread. 

Can you drink the water out the taps? Yes. All of them. Even the ones at sinks at the long drops. Please don’t stand having a wash at them though. It leaves puddles and it’s pretty inconsiderate when there’s a massive queue behind you. 

4 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

I’d like to ask and answer one myself, after a discussion in another thread. 

Can you drink the water out the taps? Yes. All of them. Even the ones at sinks at the long drops. Please don’t stand having a wash at them though. It leaves puddles and it’s pretty inconsiderate when there’s a massive queue behind you. 

Perfect answer to yourself ... and I dont even need to attempt an answer :) 

4 minutes ago, incident said:

Can I take alcohol into the arena?

Glastonbury does not have an arena ... here is the 2019 map for reference ... it will get updated throughout the year and this forum will get excited about any updates ... and will make a gif that compares the versions 

Webmap-2019-v4-2.jpg

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

@crazyfool1 - I didn't realise you were gonna attempt to answer them all. Now I'm on a mission to think of a stupid question that's also bizarre enough that you won't know the answer.... Does such a thing exist?

there will be plenty .... and any help is gratefully received .... :) 

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

My favourite question newbies always ask me is whether the alcohol is going to get confiscated.

Alcohol will be confiscated if its in Glass bottles ( dont be a dick think of the cows ) .... it was also thought previously that limits might be imposed but this was quickly changed ... although you can only bring in for personal consumption 

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

@stuartbert two hats any help on this one ?  although was it between these years the jp moved ? 

I was just crowd sourcing from here, so I don't really have any more details.  Although I think that's the latest JPT size, since it moved in 2016.  In fact, I think that's the most accurate of the lot, because one enterprising poster found the web site where the tent was being sold from, so we have manufacturers capacity numbers on that one IIRC.

The Park is the funny one.  The theoretical crowd size changes every time they rotate the thing.

Edited by stuartbert two hats
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Glastonbury does not have an arena ... here is the 2019 map for reference ... it will get updated throughout the year and this forum will get excited about any updates ... and will make a gif that compares the versions 

Webmap-2019-v4-2.jpg

Don’t suppose there is one to compare 2009 to 2019? Got some friends coming who haven’t been for ten years.

53 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Webmap-2019-v4-2.jpg

Not true! The pyramid field is the arena and has been marked as such on maps as recently as 2014

map16june14.png