"Big / slightly left-field act confirmed"

Brave Sir Robin

That is genuinely the kind of secret set I could get behind. Crooner's Corner is just somewhere that people wander past, stop for a drink and sit down, and then onwards over the bridge.

No-one's ever heard of the names on there really, so if someone like that was to be dropped on there under a pseudonym, no-one would really be any the wiser.

Next thing you're pottering past with a beer, and you think "hang on, that voice is familiar" - turns out there's Mickey Bubbles singing along to a mini sound system.

Never EVER going to happen obviously, but I'd unashamedly love something like that :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Quark said:

That is genuinely the kind of secret set I could get behind. Crooner's Corner is just somewhere that people wander past, stop for a drink and sit down, and then onwards over the bridge.

No-one's ever heard of the names on there really, so if someone like that was to be dropped on there under a pseudonym, no-one would really be any the wiser.

Next thing you're pottering past with a beer, and you think "hang on, that voice is familiar" - turns out there's Mickey Bubbles singing along to a mini sound system.

Never EVER going to happen obviously, but I'd unashamedly love something like that :D

Yes... that'd be brilliant.

One of my fave moments this year was wandering through on Weds and some old boy singing Frank Sinatra songs.  We stopped and all had a good old sing song.

Until he got to My Way, which for a couple of us, is a poignant funeral song that kind of killed the mood.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, stuie said:

One of my fave moments this year was wandering through on Weds and some old boy singing Frank Sinatra songs.  We stopped and all had a good old sing song.

Until he got to My Way, which for a couple of us, is a poignant funeral song that kind of killed the mood.

That's Andy Marshall, he's there every year. Were you there when the delivery lorry was blocking the bridge so the crowd just built up watching him?  Probably the biggest crowd he'd ever had! :D

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

That's Andy Marshall, he's there every year. Were you there when the delivery lorry was blocking the bridge so the crowd just built up watching him?  Probably the biggest crowd he'd ever had! :D

We were on the west holts side of the bridge when the lorry driver got stuck! 

Definitely the biggest crowd the lorry driver has ever had! But she kept her cool and managed it in the end. Pretty sure that the cheers and applause she got would’ve made it her most memorable day at work ever!! ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

We were on the west holts side of the bridge when the lorry driver got stuck! 

Definitely the biggest crowd the lorry driver has ever had! But she kept her cool and managed it in the end. Pretty sure that the cheers and applause she got would’ve made it her most memorable day at work ever!! ? 

Ha, I was over the other side.  Best version of Can't Take My Eyes Off You I've ever heard :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Ha, we were there too! An unlikely 'Glastonbury moment'. The poor driver, I felt for her.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Ha, we were there too! An unlikely 'Glastonbury moment'. The poor driver, I felt for her.

She did good under the pressure! I remember us saying at the time, imagine when she got home from work and her other half asked about her day. 

Well, I had to do a delivery to Glastonbury festival and I got the lorry stuck, blocking hundreds of people from crossing and they were all cheering me and clapping! 

42 minutes ago, Quark said:

Wad that the Wed or Thu? Feel like I was on my way to the R&F for the meet so Wednesday, but the set lists don't show him as playing until Thursday. 

Help!

It was the Weds... me and my mate who were working and got there Monday had just met the rest of our lot who got there on Wednesday for the first time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, stuie said:

I'd completely forgotten about this guy. I've also wandered past and stayed for ages for a sing along. Definitely another place to lead the newbies past next year!

If Bublé plays I will be forcing friends to wear Christmas hats, make sure he feels at home

Edited by Heather90

On 11/7/2019 at 8:40 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

In answer to "is it a pop star?" they said "Hmmmmm. Kinda. You’re warm, but not very. ?"

On 11/7/2019 at 8:40 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

Apparently they work at Universal Music so likely to be someone signed to them.

doesn't seem to point to aerosmith tbh

Edited by C14S

While I'm still very much of the opinion that someone has made this up and kept it generic enough that there'll inevitably be someone on the lineup that they can claim -

Regarding the Universal Music connection mentioned above - Universal have also started promoting festivals in the past few years - so in the unlikely even that this were real, it could be that they'd booked (or even just tried to book) the act for Nocturne, Love Supreme, Sundown, or The Long Road, rather than an artist signed to their label.