"Big / slightly left-field act confirmed"

Brave Sir Robin

32 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Both Blackpink and BTS are. The former are rumoured to be touring Europe next year. Unsure when. BTS would be an insane get. 

My only hesitation with a big Kpop act like that their fee. Do we think their managers would be likely to accept a low glasto fee compared to what they'd be getting elsewhere? 

56 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Me too. 

Would it? I'm not sure it'd be dark enough. They had the odd little entrances to block out any natural light and from memory the stage was a lot bigger.

Fantastic night.

I really want more of this kinda music/shows at Glastonbury would also love to see Zedd. I think its the one thing missing is major variety in big named dance music acts/djs

5 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Tim Minchin and by universal they mean appeals to kids (Matilda) adults (everything else) Saw him on his tour and he is brilliant. 

Was going to suggest this. The festival has steered away from comedy acts on the main stages before (except for <your favourite band>). Said as much some years ago following attempts to get Bill Bailey on, who hasn't played the festival for years as he's a safety risk in the Cabaret tent but not allowed on the outdoor stages, despite being part of the furniture for a decade or so.

2 hours ago, DeanoL said:

Was going to suggest this. The festival has steered away from comedy acts on the main stages before (except for <your favourite band>). Said as much some years ago following attempts to get Bill Bailey on, who hasn't played the festival for years as he's a safety risk in the Cabaret tent but not allowed on the outdoor stages, despite being part of the furniture for a decade or so.

Tim is quite unique in that he does have hits that people want to see over and over. I can't imagine him not playing prejudice for example. I think he could easily do West Holts or even an early Pyramid Stage slot. 

On 11/7/2019 at 8:40 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

Over on Reddit someone has said they know of a "big / slightly left-field act confirmed but still not mentioned" - not a headliner.

In answer to "is it a pop star?" they said "Hmmmmm. Kinda. You’re warm, but not very. ?"

Leon Trotsky's grandson heads a mariachi band, he's left field?

If the phrase 'it’s a brave booking and something the festival has never (to my knowledge) ever done before..." is correct then it's not likely to be any musical artist in the traditional sense.

We need to consider what the festival has to date not embraced within the performing arts field....or which they have only ever toyed with on a small scale.

18 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

If the phrase 'it’s a brave booking and something the festival has never (to my knowledge) ever done before..." is correct then it's not likely to be any musical artist in the traditional sense.

We need to consider what the festival has to date not embraced within the performing arts field....or which they have only ever toyed with on a small scale.

A major comedian (on the Pyramid stage)?

On 11/7/2019 at 8:47 PM, TheNewUnion said:

"something the festival has never done before"

We've had ballet, brass band, classical. We've had Archaos (sp), acoustic and beatbox. 

So, I've no idea. 

I was going to say a cartoon band, but Gorillaz tick that box, in a way. 

Ah greta thunberg speech..... No offence but God help us lol

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1