"Big / slightly left-field act confirmed"

Brave Sir Robin

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Ha, couldn’t have gone better! Some interesting guesses amongst the comedy.

Can’t help but think “Hmmmmm. Kinda. You’re warm, but not very. ?" is a clue... Frozen songs live or something?? Universal works with Disney, Universal act Demi Lovato sings some of them... Although I’d say that’s more than “slightly” leftfield (and probably not even an “act”).

Disney on ice opening the pyramid it is then ?

Do we even know that the act in question is actually signed to universal? I thought @Brave Sir Robin meant that the person with the information worked for universal... If it's the latter then the act could surely be anyone as I guess someone in the business could have info from other labels. I don't know if this makes the clue more exciting or hopelessly vague haha

Just now, Sundance said:

Do we even know that the act in question is actually signed to universal? I thought @Brave Sir Robin meant that the person with the information worked for universal... If it's the latter then the act could surely be anyone as I guess someone in the business could have info from other labels. I don't know if this makes the clue more exciting or hopelessly vague haha

That is what I meant. He also says something about not getting himself or his colleagues into trouble. So likely to be a Universal act, or someone linked to Universal, but not necessarily. Clear as Worthy Farm mud!

9 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

That is what I meant. He also says something about not getting himself or his colleagues into trouble. So likely to be a Universal act, or someone linked to Universal, but not necessarily. Clear as Worthy Farm mud!

Yeah definitely sounds as though it's likely to be Universal doesn't it, but could realistically be anyone. 

Kpop could be a shout tbf - are there any Kpop acts signed to universal?

Just now, chris_nre said:

A full production of Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War Of The Worlds.

That would be fucking epic. All over that.

4 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Could it be one of those hologram thingys that Coachella have done, they had Tupac one year.

Nope. Really hope not. Let the dead be dead FFS, or just stop trying to dress it up and play a video of an old concert.

I'm not a fan in case that subtlety isn't coming across :D

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

Nope. Really hope not. Let the dead be dead FFS, or just stop trying to dress it up and play a video of an old concert.

I'm not a fan in case that subtlety isn't coming across :D

Yeah, cover bands get stick on here but for me holograms are next level cash cowing.

If it was a festival with less options I'd be pretty pissed that some of my ticket revenue be wasted on a hologram.

That said, the technology used in the right circumstances can be incredible. Alas wouldn't work on a festival stage.

The show for EPIC was incomparable to anything else I've seen. 

1 minute ago, Tommy101 said:

Yeah, cover bands get stick on here but for me holograms are next level cash cowing.

If it was a festival with less options I'd be pretty pissed that some of my ticket revenue be wasted on a hologram.

That said, the technology used in the right circumstances can be incredible. Alas wouldn't work on a festival stage.

The show for EPIC was incomparable to anything else I've seen. 

I went to that in London. It was ace. It would work in the JP tent

50 minutes ago, Quark said:

I like this.  Up there with my mate's "I'd rather shit in my hands and clap"

Yes, I’m considering using this as my standard catchphrase. Succinct, descriptive and to the point. 

And I know what I’m talking about having actually hit a shit with a fly mo.  It’s not a pretty sight. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

52 minutes ago, Sundance said:

Yeah definitely sounds as though it's likely to be Universal doesn't it, but could realistically be anyone. 

Kpop could be a shout tbf - are there any Kpop acts signed to universal?

Both Blackpink and BTS are. The former are rumoured to be touring Europe next year. Unsure when. BTS would be an insane get.