"Big / slightly left-field act confirmed"

Brave Sir Robin

52 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Could this finally be the Bradley Cooper set? The A Star Is Born album was released on Interscope i believe

Nobody wants to see just Bradley though - it’s with Gaga or nothing, and she’s firmly in the ‘pop’ bracket. Not gonna be this. It was always gonna be this year or never if this happened imo.

11 hours ago, waynewdk said:

What to they mean by left field, they say stuff like this in politics and I’ve never got it

Basically means something unexpected, or surprising.

And also, because I can't pass up the opportunity for a good old bit of passive aggressive dickishness ;)

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=left+field+meaning&s=g

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

Some glorious nonsense on this thread. Don't know if it's what you intended BSR but this has made my morning

Very true, we’ve had world religious leaders, the pope and cliff Richard, Hollywood superstars , Paul Calf and the Undertaker all mentioned.

just let’s have Kate Bush! 

3 minutes ago, Bradders said:

If I was bullshitting I would definitely be this vague, cos everyone gets so caught up in the guessing they forget that it’s just some random guy on reddit. The regular poster on here who said McCartney was playing is probably more reliable.

Stop ruining the fun.  We've got something to talk about that isn't Foals / 1975 / Macca / Brexit / equality.  Just let us have this one for a day or so.

8 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

My idea of where certain pop stars would place is really skewed atm, if Miley Cyrus can play third down surely Childish would take a similar slot?

If we're talking fame only, then yeah he's definitely about right to sub. Recently I haven't seen his name on a festival line up below headline though, I think he's headline or nothing - so I don't see him popping up at Glastonbury any time soon. (see also: Frank Ocean)

5 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

I'd guess something like BTS or BLACKPINK?   I'm sure Blackpink were rumoured at some point anyway.    Both signed to Universal, very big and arguably left field?

Bingo! Sounds good!

Not quite pop doesn’t mean k pop to me though. I’d still consider Italian pop as pop.

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Some glorious nonsense on this thread. Don't know if it's what you intended BSR but this has made my morning

Ha, couldn’t have gone better! Some interesting guesses amongst the comedy.

Can’t help but think “Hmmmmm. Kinda. You’re warm, but not very. ?" is a clue... Frozen songs live or something?? Universal works with Disney, Universal act Demi Lovato sings some of them... Although I’d say that’s more than “slightly” leftfield (and probably not even an “act”).