Efest posts

Crazyfool01

I have been lucky enough to never find myself without a ticket since I've been a member on here. However if I do stick to my long held determination to take a break after 2020 I'll still hang around on here because I like all of you, even Matt and Dental.

Plus this is the best source of gig news on the internet.

I don’t think I’ve much of a pattern, if there’s a good thread going on and I wake up in the middle of the night to see the updates, which isn’t the cleverest of habits to get into. I probably post more early morning than most, anything from 6am onwards. There are at least two other regular posters who are up and around at that time! 

I’ll be honest that I’ve come on here & posted much less since I was added to the Facebook chat, kind of helps that I’ve met a couple of them now including outside of Glastonbury. I get my festival info much quicker through the chat.

Glad to be more active on here to give advice for newbies after I somehow managed to get a ticket after missing out this year for the first time since 2010.

A break of two years has peaked my interest, along with getting a ticket for my other half who has only done smaller festivals. I can’t wait to show her around although we have an issue as she now teaches full time.

I used to be on here all the time, but that was when work was paying me to be on here. Now I'm currently not working it's less, but still probably more than I should. I do have moments when I think that I'm squandering my time on here, and should be more constructive. It's at these moments that I also start thinking about life, the universe, and everything. It has, up to now, resulted in me then concluding that being on here is equally as valid as not being on here. I mean, what's so very important about not being on here? To my mind, we're all just kicking shit with time one way or the other, whilst desperately not trying to wonder what, if anything, happens once it's game over in this world ie. are we given more time to shit kick around with, or not. 

Having to sack off the day time procrastinating due to responsibilities but I do like a good browse once I'm home. It's incredibly difficult to avoid, even when the Headliners thread is pages of Radiohead lists and the merits of the RHCP. There's some ace people on here, and though I don't get involved as much as I'd like to, I'd really miss the site if it disappeared.

6 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Having to sack off the day time procrastinating due to responsibilities but I do like a good browse once I'm home. It's incredibly difficult to avoid, even when the Headliners thread is pages of Radiohead lists and the merits of the RHCP. There's some ace people on here, and though I don't get involved as much as I'd like to, I'd really miss the site if it disappeared.

absolutely ... just hope some of the efforts have made a difference and the numbers are better now :) and of course the bumping of theGold thread does no harm :) 

I reckon I’m on here mostly at night and weekends. Probably a bad habit but a lot of the time I’ll have a flick through the threads that interest me before I go to sleep. I don’t really have the ability to come on during the day too much due to my job. 

I would say I definitely post more now than I have done in the past. As far as I’m concerned this is the best place to be in the build up to the festival. I’m in the Facebook group but definitely has a better community feel here.

Edited by DareToDibble

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

I reckon I’m on here mostly at night and weekends. Probably a bad habit but a lot of the time I’ll have a flick through the threads that interest me before I go to sleep. I don’t really have the ability to come on during the day too much due to my job. 

I would say I definitely post more now than I have done in the past. As far as I’m concerned this is the best place to be in the build up to the festival. I’m in the Facebook group but definitely has a better community feel here.

I really dont see any community in that other group  ... im on there too but it has too many posters and moves so fast if you post anything It disappears ,  guess it has its place  ... maybe I recognise 4 or 5 names ... mostly the admin ... but id say I could name many many more based on avatars alone on here 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

I really dont see any community in that other group  ... im on there too but it has too many posters and moves so fast if you post anything It disappears ,  guess it has its place  ... maybe I recognise 4 or 5 names ... mostly the admin ... but id say I could name many many more based on avatars alone on here 

Yeah I agree.

Always messes with my mind when someone here changes avatar :lol: 

I've been obsessively here since I got a ticket for next year.

Not so much last year as waiting to see if volunteering spot would still be open.

I can peruse and post from work PCs atm. eFests was Webwashed for a good long while, but since a recent OS upgrade I can get through. Not sure how long this will last as it seems an oversight to me. Most other social media sites are off limits. Which is ridiculous. As we have publically accessible Wi-Fi. via which anyone can view pretty much anything they please. Go figure?

My works PCs deal with this site better than my antiquated home desktop. I keep accidentally downvoting people from home. I try to remember the deserving for when I get to work.

I post if I think I may have insight into something/can add to the debate.

I'll post to defend a position.

I may tend to rant post if alcohol is involved.

But there's a thread for that now isn't there...

/exitsstageleft