Thread for the drunkards

Bryanrebe

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

So, it technically is still OK to write though?

Not incorrect, but can be confusing. Every newspaper will have a ‘style guide’ which sets out rules for how to approach things like this, how to write out an age, refer to the queen etc and they’re normally pretty massive volumes. 

2 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Not incorrect, but can be confusing. Every newspaper will have a ‘style guide’ which sets out rules for how to approach things like this, how to write out an age, refer to the queen etc and they’re normally pretty massive volumes. 

Thanks for the clarification blutarsky. I get the confusion bit, but just wanted to know the 'exquisite' accuracy detail.

On 4/16/2021 at 12:47 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yes, in lay man's terms, please could you explain the Riemann Hypothesis?

The Riemann Hypothesis suggests that all non-trivial zeros of the zeta function lie on the red line below. Trillions of solutions have been calculated that back this up, but no one has ever proved that all non-trivial zeros lie on this line rather than just within the purple strip. There is a Million $ prize if you can solve this.

1*hg31-FckTdoWwKJy54JdPw.png

Edited by bamber

7 hours ago, bamber said:

The Riemann Hypothesis suggests that all non-trivial zeros of the zeta function lie on the red line below. Trillions of solutions have been calculated that back this up, but no one has ever proved that all non-trivial zeros lie on this line rather than just within the purple strip. There is a Million $ prize if you can solve this.

1*hg31-FckTdoWwKJy54JdPw.png

Yeah, I thought it was something like that! I'm frenetically doing sums to get that $1M prize but haven't got past my 2 times table yet. But I'm working on it. I'm working the problem. 🙂

• 9 months later...

Has nobody got drunk since April?

It's day four in the covid isolation house and I've broken.

Only got one bottle of Thatchers and a bottle of plonk in the house mind.

I've usually had a few vodkas out before I head home and hit the plonk. So more of a just starting than getting drunk then.

18 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

I've usually had a few vodkas out before I head home and hit the plonk. So more of a just starting than getting drunk then.

Nine months dormant and it takes isolation to open it up! Sad that you’ve to miss the vodka starter, so best go straight to the plonk and keep the Thatchers to wash down the inevitable pizza or curry you will get delivered. 

59 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Nice to see this thread get a long awaited bump. I'm pissed on Marks & Spencer gingerbread rum and listening to the most underrated band on the planet (The Rural Alberta Advantage). I have a feeling I'm going to regret this in the morning!

29 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Nine months dormant and it takes isolation to open it up! Sad that you’ve to miss the vodka starter, so best go straight to the plonk and keep the Thatchers to wash down the inevitable pizza or curry you will get delivered. 

My current isolation?

This thread being dormant you mean?

Not the booze as I only bought those bottles on Monday morning. They were meant for the transition from a late shift into a night shift. A sleep enabler. Said shifts didn't happen.

Did the zoider first. Wine's nearly gone.

The poker game I'm playing will maybe last longer (though typing this it seems I've inadvertently sat out five hands).

Never ever have I ever had anything delivered iirc. Had to phone a friend to get some shopping today as I hadn't anticipated not being able to shop. Forgot booze and baccy. Bollocks.

29 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

My current isolation?

This thread being dormant you mean?

Not the booze as I only bought those bottles on Monday morning. They were meant for the transition from a late shift into a night shift. A sleep enabler. Said shifts didn't happen.

Did the zoider first. Wine's nearly gone.

The poker game I'm playing will maybe last longer (though typing this it seems I've inadvertently sat out five hands).

Never ever have I ever had anything delivered iirc. Had to phone a friend to get some shopping today as I hadn't anticipated not being able to shop. Forgot booze and baccy. Bollocks.

Yeah, threads been dormant for too long!  Now concentrate on the cards

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Walking home after a night out and I’m thinking about how much nicer it will be in June rather than freezing my tits off in early March

fuck the shitty British weather

fuck all the pricks going to Wetherspoons

fuck the fact I will get limited sleep when I get home

I can’t wait to do this in a field in Somerset

15 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

How are we all doing tonight? 😊 

Most of the way through a bottle of nice Italian red wine. Once that’s polished off will be deciding between beer or rum next… 

Drinking some very nice beers thanks, on a live music YouTube binge and somehow back on Radiohead 2017 again. Can't call it an evening wasted

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2021 at 8:13 AM, eFestivals said:

the find at Bramshill was the big bust of Operation Julie.

It was manufactured in Wales but seizures were made in other places too.

(I read the Operation Julie book written by the copper, I guess you have too. Bramshill stuck in my head cos it was near-ish to where i used to live; it might not have registered as strongly with you.)

the undercover cop from operation Julie is on radio 4 at the moment. programme is called 'lifechanging:undercover'.