Thread for the drunkards

Bryanrebe

15 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Greenelk,

Well I wasn't really trying to 'push' Mcat. However, if you needed to get some, then I guess the Dark Web is the avenue to go down. I didn't have to go down that route as I lived close to the Black Country and that place was, then, completely awash with the stuff - hence being able to get it cheaper than other people.

I was talking about CTZN Brew rather than the Mcat, must admit!! 🙂

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, bamber said:

The whole pandemic thing has put it all in to sharp perspective I think.

Aint that the truth. 

I try not to think too much about 'serious' things, if I can help it. I tend to just brush them to the side and crack on with the mundane and very much not so mundane. Many people would call me thick for doing so. However, my attitude is 'you do what you want to do and I'll do what I want to do'. 

Without meaning to sound pessimistic, it's only one way we're all going / nobody gets out alive sort of thing. So, I try not to shit myself about the little things. Not always a successful approach to be sure. But definitely the right path / the easier option - but only in my opinion.

Did you like the nice caveat at the end!?

5 hours ago, Greenelk said:

I was talking about CTZN Brew rather than the Mcat, must admit!! 🙂

Oh, just had a thought - I think they may just be brewing for the pub that they are opening soon. Not too sure about that though, as it would make economic sense to get it 'out there' by whatever form. I'm not in direct contact with my nephew, so don't know what their full plans are.  Still, if you do come across it in a can or a bottle, give it a go, and know that my nephew brewed it. His name is Hugh, by the way, if you ever drop into the pub that they are opening in Twickenham. 🙂

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Homer said:

My mate in SInga just insisted I have a beer withi him on our weekly zoom call, so am now firmly in this territory: 'Man given glass of wine at 1pm has no option now but to keep drinking':

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/alcohol/man-given-glass-of-wine-at-1pm-has-no-option-now-but-to-keep-drinking-20190713187414

I'm gonna have a couple of glasses of red wine with my Sunday roast. The big question is, will I have the willpower to just have the 2?

3 hours ago, Homer said:

My mate in SInga just insisted I have a beer withi him on our weekly zoom call, so am now firmly in this territory: 'Man given glass of wine at 1pm has no option now but to keep drinking':

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/alcohol/man-given-glass-of-wine-at-1pm-has-no-option-now-but-to-keep-drinking-20190713187414

I never went for an afternoon drink while working, as I'd be the same as Tom Logan, in that 'one drink's a million'. Well, I say that, but did go for a drink a few times, but never got back to work that day - and sometimes the day after that. I was once threatened about my absenteeism. My immediate reaction was to take the next two days off sick. They did nothing. Why? Because they knew that 'they' didn't want to have to do the job that I was doing, I guess.

On 3/28/2021 at 3:07 AM, Homer said:

Have you been out on the do on Cuba St? If so, what's the bucket fountain up to?!

@John the Moth, where abouts do you live?)

Nah didn't make it. We're selling our house so after all the open home prep I slept all day. Jermaine was there though!

Edited by Bryanrebe

21 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

Nah didn't make it. We're selling our house so after all the open home prep I slept all day. Jermaine was there though!

Very cool - like the beginning of Jools Holland (if you have seen it), where the bands all stand in a big circle and they all jam along to one tune.

(Am also amazed that not a single person is gawping at the greatness they have in their presence!)

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Very cool - like the beginning of Jools Holland (if you have seen it), where the bands all stand in a big circle and they all jam along to one tune.

(Am also amazed that not a single person is gawping at the greatness they have in their presence!)

I guess it just goes back to that thing of New Zealander's really not caring about celebrities! Joseph Gordon-Levitt has moved to Wellington and hosts movie nights at one of the smaller theatres but nobody I know has been 🤷‍♀️

57 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

I guess it just goes back to that thing of New Zealander's really not caring about celebrities! Joseph Gordon-Levitt has moved to Wellington and hosts movie nights at one of the smaller theatres but nobody I know has been 🤷‍♀️

I feel a bit embarrassed that I burst into tears when I saw Ian 'Smithy' Smith in Welly airport now.

On 3/30/2021 at 9:37 AM, Homer said:

I feel a bit embarrassed that I burst into tears when I saw Ian 'Smithy' Smith in Welly airport now.

A girl when I worked at Parliament walked into Boris Johnson once in the Beehive (he was here as Foreign Minister at the time). I think she nearly cried too, but for different reasons.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

A girl when I worked at Parliament walked into Boris Johnson once in the Beehive (he was here as Foreign Minister at the time). I think she nearly cried too, but for different reasons.

It is not good when there are first hand reports that the current PM made people cry.

On 4/1/2021 at 3:20 AM, bamber said:

It is not good when there are first hand reports that the current PM made people cry.

He doesn't just make people cry. He, and his kind make me seethe, at times. It's one of the reasons why I don't really apply my mind to politics. It's all just too enraging.

As an aside, I once went into a pub one early evening (way back in time) and got a pint and sat down. It wasn't exactly my kind of pub, so not too sure why I entered the place. However, it was within a short striking distance of my parents house, at that time. Anyway, I look up from taking a sip of my pint and there's Boris Johnson. The BBC Pebble Mill studios were still functioning then and were also within a short striking distance of the pub, so I suspected that he must have had some involvement with the BBC earlier. 

Anyway, as indicated previously, my self allowed exposure to politics was limited then, as it still is now. However, even back then I can remember my sixth sense telling me that the bloke sat opposite me with the unkempt hair, was a self serving tool. My stance now hasn't altered from what it was back then.

4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

He doesn't just make people cry. He, and his kind make me seethe, at times. It's one of the reasons why I don't really apply my mind to politics. It's all just too enraging.

As an aside, I once went into a pub one early evening (way back in time) and got a pint and sat down. It wasn't exactly my kind of pub, so not too sure why I entered the place. However, it was within a short striking distance of my parents house, at that time. Anyway, I look up from taking a sip of my pint and there's Boris Johnson. The BBC Pebble Mill studios were still functioning then and were also within a short striking distance of the pub, so I suspected that he must have had some involvement with the BBC earlier. 

Anyway, as indicated previously, my self allowed exposure to politics was limited then, as it still is now. However, even back then I can remember my sixth sense telling me that the bloke sat opposite me with the unkempt hair, was a self serving tool. My stance now hasn't altered from what it was back then.

I had a long chat on the phone with my ex this evening. The subject of Boris Piccaninny Watermelon Letterbox Cake Bumboys Vampires Haircut Wall-Spaffer Spunk-Burster Fuck-Business Fuck-the-Families Get-Off-My-Fucking-Laptop Girly-Swot Big-Girl’s-Blouse Chicken-frit Hulk-Smash Noseringed-Crusties Death-Humbug Technology-Lessons Surrender-Bullshit French-Turds Dog-Whistle Get-Stuffed FactcheckUK@CCHQ 88%-lies Get-Brexit-Done Bung-a-Bob-for-Big-Ben’s-Bongs Cocaine-Event Spiritual-Worth Three-Men-and-a-Dog Whatever-It-Takes I-Shook-Hands-With-Everyone Herd-Immunity I-Want-to-Thank-Po-Ling Squash-the-Sombrero Johnson came up. We agreed he is obnoxious and his popularity is utterly inexplicable. Nice to know we have a lot in common still. 🙂

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, bamber said:

I had a long chat on the phone with my ex this evening. The subject of Boris Piccaninny Watermelon Letterbox Cake Bumboys Vampires Haircut Wall-Spaffer Spunk-Burster Fuck-Business Fuck-the-Families Get-Off-My-Fucking-Laptop Girly-Swot Big-Girl’s-Blouse Chicken-frit Hulk-Smash Noseringed-Crusties Death-Humbug Technology-Lessons Surrender-Bullshit French-Turds Dog-Whistle Get-Stuffed FactcheckUK@CCHQ 88%-lies Get-Brexit-Done Bung-a-Bob-for-Big-Ben’s-Bongs Cocaine-Event Spiritual-Worth Three-Men-and-a-Dog Whatever-It-Takes I-Shook-Hands-With-Everyone Herd-Immunity I-Want-to-Thank-Po-Ling Squash-the-Sombrero Johnson came up. We agreed he is obnoxious and his popularity is utterly inexplicable. Nice to know we have a lot in common still. 🙂

Congratulations! You have won 'best post of 2021'. Magnificent stuff! 🙂

Most of that is Stewart Lee, only the agreeing on the obnoxiousness was me / us. It is a formidable list of genuine quotes nonetheless. Stewart Lee is the very finest of Englishmen left, there are very few.