Thread for the drunkards

Bryanrebe

Have a friend over from London who's done her time in quarantine so we all headed to the Cavern Club.

Should mention I live in New Zealand and yes it is themed on that Cavern Club.

I drunk a bottle of bubbles, a shot, several kahua and cokes and some gin and sodas. I was a sorry sight to behold this morning...

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

Have a friend over from London who's done her time in quarantine so we all headed to the Cavern Club.

I drunk a bottle of bubbles, a shot, several kahua and cokes and some gin and sodas. I was a sorry sight to behold this morning...

wow, imagine being able to do that. I had a few beers in my home prison.

• Upvote 1

Believe me, I know how lucky I am and I tell myself that several times a day. Might as well make the most of it while the weather's fine and we're covid free in the community. I'm immuno comprised so the second it's out I'm back in the house.

At least my favourite vinyard can still ship me wine in full lockdown. We have a few cases of the UK and SA strands in quarantine and if it gets out we'll go straight into lockdown.

My friend was meant to head back end of Jan but she's moved it to end of Feb so she spends less time in lockdown and hopefully avoids getting it during her travel. It was £50 to change her flight.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, John the Moth said:

I text Mrs Moth about 2am to say I was running off to live in the forest... 

That's a notion that I have also thought about doing. I could eat nuts and berries, and the creatures of the forest would keep me warm at night. 

14 hours ago, John the Moth said:

.. look after the fishes

This could be a statement to your wife, or it could be your last 'mad' statement to us all before you disappear into the foliage of the afore mentioned forest. Just wondering which one is it. Actually it could be both - let us not rule that one out.

7 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

Hello Bryanrebe,

Just wondering - does your Cavern Club limit it's music to that which the one over here played, or does it play other stuff too?

I had to look up 'Kahlúa', as I'd never heard of it before. It sounds to me like I need to sample this product, so thanks for the introduction. Mind you, I'll not be saying that if I wake up in a police or padded cell.

On 1/16/2021 at 1:53 PM, Bryanrebe said:

Believe me, I know how lucky I am and I tell myself that several times a day. Might as well make the most of it while the weather's fine and we're covid free in the community. I'm immuno comprised so the second it's out I'm back in the house.

At least my favourite vinyard can still ship me wine in full lockdown. We have a few cases of the UK and SA strands in quarantine and if it gets out we'll go straight into lockdown.

My friend was meant to head back end of Jan but she's moved it to end of Feb so she spends less time in lockdown and hopefully avoids getting it during her travel. It was £50 to change her flight.

Freezing cold and wet here, Covid rife and can’t leave the town. But at least I can FaceTime my daughter and grandkids in NZ and see that they are all safe and having fun at the beach, trampoline park, their birthday parties etc etc!

and I’ve got a decent supply of wine and lager and the prospect of a jab! 

23 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Bryanrebe,

Just wondering - does your Cavern Club limit it's music to that which the one over here played, or does it play other stuff too?

I had to look up 'Kahlúa', as I'd never heard of it before. It sounds to me like I need to sample this product, so thanks for the introduction. Mind you, I'll not be saying that if I wake up in a police or padded cell.

Kahlua with milk and a bunch of ice is a great sipper for the end of the night. I highly recommend it. I personally have never ended up in a cell (padded or otherwise), but I won't rule it out occurring one day.

Our Cavern Club played Teenagers by MCR, so I'm guessing this may not be what's played at the original. Not a single Beatles song was heard, and Queen was on repeat.

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Freezing cold and wet here, Covid rife and can’t leave the town. But at least I can FaceTime my daughter and grandkids in NZ and see that they are all safe and having fun at the beach, trampoline park, their birthday parties etc etc!

and I’ve got a decent supply of wine and lager and the prospect of a jab! 

Trampoline parks have sprung up everywhere here! I don't think I'll be going to one any time soon as I've a lack of children to take. I also imagine jumping on a trampoline is much more exhausting as a adult! Plus you can't drink and jump I'm guessing, it seems like a good way to spill your drink. Sippy vodka cup?

• Upvote 1

Kahlua with milk and a bunch of ice is a great sipper for the end of the night.

Duly noted.

I personally have never ended up in a cell (padded or otherwise)

Since this is the thread for drunkards I may as well admit that my drunkenness has resulted in my incarceration in a police cell a number of times. I have woken up several times in a police cell not actually knowing how I managed to get there. Those were my 'troubled' days though. I'm glad they're over and done with.

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Since this is the thread for drunkards I may as well admit that my drunkenness has resulted in my incarceration in a police cell a number of times. I have woken up several times in a police cell not actually knowing how I managed to get there. Those were my 'troubled' days though. I'm glad they're over and done with.

I work for Police in New Zealand so a night in the cells might mean I'm also unemployed. It sure helps as an incentive to be (mostly) well behaved.

It doesn't help the Police bar has the cheapest drinks in town though..

11 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

I work for Police in New Zealand so a night in the cells might mean I'm also unemployed. It sure helps as an incentive to be (mostly) well behaved.

It doesn't help the Police bar has the cheapest drinks in town though..

Well, if you are ever over here in the UK you could stay in a cell here (see below), without the inconvenience of being arrested. 

https://www.clinkhostels.com/london/clink78/

I've just recalled something - I once scored some dope from a police cadet in the police's own cadet accommodation unit. The cadet insisted that I sat on the floor with him and had a smoke there and then (that was traditional of dealers back in the day). I couldn't wait to finish that smoke and get out of there. 

Oh, and I bought my first ever telly from a police officer who had gone to a burglary at a tv showroom and nicked a few telly's himself after the 'crooks' had gone because there was no one else there to stop him doing so.

55 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Well, if you are ever over here in the UK you could stay in a cell here (see below), without the inconvenience of being arrested. 

https://www.clinkhostels.com/london/clink78/

I have a friend who lives in Putney, otherwise I'd be sorely tempted. But free accommodation is free accommodation!

I want to sleep in the hotel room in Paris that Oscar Wilde died in. I need to save my money for that morbid experience 🥴

51 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've just recalled something - I once scored some dope from a police cadet in the police's own cadet accommodation unit. The cadet insisted that I sat on the floor with him and had a smoke there and then (that was traditional of dealers back in the day). I couldn't wait to finish that smoke and get out of there. 

Oh, and I bought my first ever telly from a police officer who had gone to a burglary at a tv showroom and nicked a few telly's himself after the 'crooks' had gone because there was no one else there to stop him doing so.

Some of the biggest druggies I know are doctors and teachers. Am yet to meet a cop who's one but I work at the Parliament end. Guess it reminds you we're all just human 🤷‍♀️

Some of the stories I could tell about MPs from my time in the Beehive.. Maybe one day if we meet in the great fields of Worthy Farm.

2 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

I have a friend who lives in Putney, otherwise I'd be sorely tempted. But free accommodation is free accommodation!

I want to sleep in the hotel room in Paris that Oscar Wilde died in. I need to save my money for that morbid experience 🥴

I've just had a look at the price for a one night stay on my birthday this year in that hotel (as I had to put something in to see the price of the room). It's an eye watering amount for one nights stay. You will have to save up for that. Well, either that or turn to a life of successful crime!

2 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

Some of the biggest druggies I know are doctors and teachers. Am yet to meet a cop who's one but I work at the Parliament end. Guess it reminds you we're all just human 🤷‍♀️

Some of the stories I could tell about MPs from my time in the Beehive.. Maybe one day if we meet in the great fields of Worthy Farm.

One of my mates mother (now dead) used to score dope for an MP. She also used to get paid to clean the MP's house. 

Our MP's (and PM) are no better than yours, I'd say;

https://www.indy100.com/news/ocaine-use-parliament-toilets-illegal-drugs-8977061

10 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've just had a look at the price for a one night stay on my birthday this year in that hotel (as I had to put something in to see the price of the room). It's an eye watering amount for one nights stay. You will have to save up for that. Well, either that or turn to a life of successful crime!

Well I'm looking at having to pay over $3000 NZD to stay in managed isolation if I want to travel overseas for the next couple of years, so Paris will have to wait.

22 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I thought that Operation Julie was the biggest and centred on a village in Wales? 

the find at Bramshill was the big bust of Operation Julie.

It was manufactured in Wales but seizures were made in other places too.

(I read the Operation Julie book written by the copper, I guess you have too. Bramshill stuck in my head cos it was near-ish to where i used to live; it might not have registered as strongly with you.)

Edited by eFestivals