Thread for the drunkards

Bryanrebe

23 hours ago, morph100 said:

Ok drunk sandwich is mozzarella English mustard mayo and chicken  

I particularly like brinjal pickle on toast when drunk. Amazing. Like it sober too.  

Pataks is my favourite. 

It was my birthday yesterday. I am still celebrating, but at less of a pace than a few hours ago. I may well be a year older, but I am still non the wiser. I'm sure that could be perceived as a negative, but it's not really in my eyes. I feel quite comfortable with what I already know. In any case, this (below) kind of applies to me now;

Far Side My Brain is Full | The far side

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Happy birthday for yesterday Yog! Hope it was enjoyable.

Was it you who posted pics of making decking in the garden? If so hope you got to sit and enjoy your hard work with a few cold ones yesterday. 

Hello bluarsky,

Thanks for the birthday best wishes.

I'm afraid that it wasn't me that posted the pics of garden decking.

5 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

It was my birthday yesterday. I am still celebrating, but at less of a pace than a few hours ago. I may well be a year older, but I am still non the wiser. I'm sure that could be perceived as a negative, but it's not really in my eyes. I feel quite comfortable with what I already know. In any case, this (below) kind of applies to me now;

ye

many happy returns for yesterday .... id imagine you might have had a good birthday with a touch of dabbling involved :) mine is fast approaching and I was actually looking forward to being at work for it for the first time in about 20 years ....it very from being a big event ( at the festival ) to a non event if it falls in the build up .... this year will be home alone more than likely as im awaiting an update from the government as my work have told me to stay away until a week after that comes through ... so a bit disappointed .. im kind of quietly hoping my friends acknowledge it in some way ...just something for a bit of cheer needed :) Anyway in true Yog style I have digressed ... hope you enjoyed yourself 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

many happy returns for yesterday .... id imagine you might have had a good birthday with a touch of dabbling involved :) mine is fast approaching and I was actually looking forward to being at work for it for the first time in about 20 years ....it very from being a big event ( at the festival ) to a non event if it falls in the build up .... this year will be home alone more than likely as im awaiting an update from the government as my work have told me to stay away until a week after that comes through ... so a bit disappointed .. im kind of quietly hoping my friends acknowledge it in some way ...just something for a bit of cheer needed :) Anyway in true Yog style I have digressed ... hope you enjoyed yourself 

Thanks for the belated birthday best wishes crazyfool1.

Well, if you tell us your birthday date now, then we can all bombard you with best wishes on the day. That should raise your spirits.:)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Happy belated Birthday @Yoghurt on a Stick - hope you're keeping well

Hello vintagelaureate,

Thanks also for the belated birthday best wishes. 

We're kind of OK at this end, thanks. We're somehow limping along despite covid-19 decimating our Airbnb business. 

I hope that all's well with you and yours. :)

20 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Warm red stripe walking through the woods with the dog. Reminds me of some festival in went to once 

Warm Red Stripe actually brings back happy memories for me. It's what I used to drink when not demolishing the spirits on offer at a club that I used to frequent called the Moseley Dance Centre. It was a normal dance centre during the week, but would turn itself in to a disco venue on a Friday and Saturday night. I usually dislike clubs with a passion, but this place was like a shed load of adults at a school disco. It closed down when the pubs got late licences in Moseley ie. it could not compete. They used to give everybody a Refreshers sweet (see photo) as they went in. I can recall waking up on some Saturdays and Sundays not remembering anything about where I went or what I did the night before. Then I'd see a refresher with my keys and cash etc on a bedside table, and then I would know where I had been.

image.jpeg.31d2c39c7c357e50b26c34e27b773e37.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Another Red Stripe tonight @Yoghurt on a Stick, but ice cold this time. Enjoyed it while painting the stand at the club with the other players, then Did an emergency dash to the offie on my bike and bought a crate, before sitting in the sunset and sinking a few. Been a long time since I sat and drank and talked bollocks with anyone other than Mrs Blutarsky. 

god it was good.

6 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Another Red Stripe tonight @Yoghurt on a Stick, but ice cold this time. Enjoyed it while painting the stand at the club with the other players, then Did an emergency dash to the offie on my bike and bought a crate, before sitting in the sunset and sinking a few. Been a long time since I sat and drank and talked bollocks with anyone other than Mrs Blutarsky. 

god it was good.

Hello blutarsky,

Having some drinks and talking utter bollocks is very cathartic. It is almost life affirming.

My wife has just found a 1L bottle of gin she'd hidden but forgotten about. That's me sorted for the night. Well, that and a bit of speed and a smoke, and then I'll be sorted.

Please note that further communications later tonight may be a challenge to understand. I am certainly hoping that that is the case anyway. 

11 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Up here beyond Hadrians wall we’ve been waiting for a few weeks for the big announcement that beer gardens would be open. It was hinted at. Pubs have been getting ready for this and then yesterday..............fucking nothing said. .  Really missing a pub pint! 

90B6C91B-E727-4221-A93E-4872DB525B3B.jpeg.9495a639164e97db9d40f55f04043936.jpeg

I feel your pain. Truly I do. I think that the whole of the UK does too. Man, when they open them gardens it's going to be a delight (weather permitting). It's also going to be very messy for some, I'd say. Good luck to them / us / me, is my way of thinking. We will be let out of our bunkers and allowed to mingle with others, whilst increasingly starting to talk more and more gibberish as the drink goes down.

I'm almost drooling now at the thought of it. If I do drool and it makes a connection with the keyboard, I could be a gonner. Going to have to go away and not think of beer in a sunny beer garden. This will be difficult. . 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I feel your pain. Truly I do. I think that the whole of the UK does too. Man, when they open them gardens it's going to be a delight (weather permitting). It's also going to be very messy for some, I'd say. Good luck to them / us / me, is my way of thinking. We will be let out of our bunkers and allowed to mingle with others, whilst increasingly starting to talk more and more gibberish as the drink goes down.

I'm almost drooling now at the thought of it. If I do drool and it makes a connection with the keyboard, I could be a gonner. Going to have to go away and not think of beer in a sunny beer garden. This will be difficult. . 

So missing a pub pint!   By the way, Ultra belated birthday wishes ,