Thread for the drunkards

Bryanrebe

1 hour ago, HeyPorter said:

My birthday SUB beer tap has arrived and is set up, awaiting my ale to arrive next week but got Heineken to start with. Will have to do. Also had our twelve week scan today, expecting in November. A good day. 

Congratulations on the expecting front, and congratulations on buying a SUB beer tap. I must confess that I had to look up the later to see what it was. It looks like a useful bit of kit. I've seen the prices of how much they cost, but how much do the cartridge type things of beer cost? Is it economical?

8 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Congratulations on the expecting front, and congratulations on buying a SUB beer tap. I must confess that I had to look up the later to see what it was. It looks like a useful bit of kit. I've seen the prices of how much they cost, but how much do the cartridge type things of beer cost? Is it economical?

Thank you very much Yog. Don’t think I would’ve bought it myself previously but am missing a pub pint, my partner got it me for my birthday. The prices of the kegs vary, cheapest seems to be about 8 quid and some go over the 20 mark. They’re only 2L so you get barely four pints out of them. There is a way to ‘hack’ them apparently but I’ll stick to doing it legitimately for now. Will give my verdict later on. 
Has anyone got any SUB tips?

1 hour ago, HeyPorter said:

Thank you very much Yog. Don’t think I would’ve bought it myself previously but am missing a pub pint, my partner got it me for my birthday. The prices of the kegs vary, cheapest seems to be about 8 quid and some go over the 20 mark. They’re only 2L so you get barely four pints out of them. There is a way to ‘hack’ them apparently but I’ll stick to doing it legitimately for now. Will give my verdict later on. 
Has anyone got any SUB tips?

There's a video here which shows you how to refill the torps with home brew. I haven't watched it but the system may work for refilling with your own choice of beer. Possibly worth a watch as £5 a pint isn't a cheap home alternative. Hope it's of use;

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well hello! Two full months of lockdown and this is the first  time I've been properly pissed. Been a bit tiddly a few times, but tonight has been end of season do for rugby via zoom and I'm finally well away.  

Been fun. 

What music/live sets should I be on now it's done...? 

On 3/30/2020 at 7:28 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

G & T's this end, with a smoke and a line beforehand as kind of 'stabiliser'. 

I know I’m a bit late to reply here (been a bit busy at work recently) but I like the cut of your jib sir. The strategy of ‘a line to level you out’ has been suggested to me before. Now no comment on whether I partake but from the carnage that ensues around me after I see this strategy being tested I’d say this method needs work! 🤣

42 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

7C68F236-B197-4181-A61F-2C5156196EA0.thumb.jpeg.9f7e93da470dac455dc9367e81481fef.jpeg

a cold pint whilst sitting in a bar overlooking a Jersey lighthouse, where I should be at the moment, holiday cancelled! 

You even tease us with views of places you aren’t ... in that case ... here’s mine without the pint 

image.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

It wasn't exactly pre-planned but I ended up starting the day at 9am with a Bucks Fizz. This has since been added to when my neighbour passed me a joint to smoke. 

I hadn't thought about getting totally spannered today, but I fear it's about to happen. 

Ho hum!

Where on earth do you live for a neighbour to pass a joint before midday?! 

I've been very regimented in lockdown. Only drunk Fri to Sun every week then had four days off. This is the first Monday in about a month where I've not felt like the below video - that I could just start getting drunk and it wouldn't really matter (got furloughed early doors).

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

You even tease us with views of places you aren’t ... in that case ... here’s mine

Took that photo in Jersey A few weeks after returning from Glastonbury last year. Lovely beers and ciders! Had planned to do the same this year. That plan has sadly disappeared down the crapper!😒

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Heaven.

Seriously though, I live in a quaint English town called Bridgnorth. One which is perfectly divided by the River Severn. 

One of my mates moved there a couple of years ago....I’m meant to be visiting him later this year 😊

8 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

One of my mates moved there a couple of years ago....I’m meant to be visiting him later this year 😊

Hello gooner 1990,

I only moved here a few years ago myself. If you do get to get here then give me a shout if you want and we can hook up for a beer. Or don't bother. Whatever suits you really, as i'll be here anyway! :)

• 2 weeks later...