Thread for the drunkards

Bryanrebe

8 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Hey StoneCircle old son.. I was a guest on here then.. Amazing how the time has passed.... 

guests have never been allowed to post, so something has gone wrong (probably with changes at an upgrade) to cause it to go like that. 

I know there's a few other instances around like that.

Edited by eFestivals

7 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

Just had to cancel a weekend with friends to the wine town about an hour away. Considering ordering some cases to keep me stocked up and help the growers.

images (1).jpeg

The wine town ?!!! I’ve just got my luxury of a 4 pack of cider in for my 12 week lockdown :) :( 

13 hours ago, JoeyT said:

They may take our festival but they can't take away drinking pints of gin and tonic in the garden in our festival cup!

20200321_153541.jpg

I too am an ardent follower of the belief that G & T's should be drank by the pint. Nobody wants to be filling their glass all the time. You want that time to be spent getting inebriated and talking as if you were speaking in tongues. Quid pro quo.

12 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Cause it's fun in these troubling times?

No idea. I looked at the website and couldn't exactly make out what it is. I guess I'd have to 'stream' it to see for myself. However, not knowing how to 'stream' might prevent me from doing so. I guess that it just involves clicking on a tab on the site sometime next Tuesday?

36 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

of the same variety ? our system is that you can have 3 crates of each of the varieties ...? duh !!

Yes, so you can only buy three bottles of say Bud, or three cases of it. Seems the tills are programmed to only allow a max of three of every item.  Same with three individual tins of beans or three multipacks of beans. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, so you can only buy three bottles of say Bud, or three cases of it. Seems the tills are programmed to only allow a max of three of every item.  Same with three individual tins of beans or three multipacks of beans. 

but u can have 3 cases of bud .... 3 cases of stella and 3 carlsberg for example ? 

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

All the alcohol in Aldi the other night had gone completely, apart from the expensive Champagne type drinks. That surprised me. I thought ' which bastard has beaten me to it'? Of course, I didn't really. That would have been silly. 

its a choice which aisle to run to when shops open now ... you get the choice of Alcohol or bog roll ...

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

its a choice which aisle to run to when shops open now ... you get the choice of Alcohol or bog roll ...

I gather that it's like that in parts of the country. I haven't seen anything like that around here. But then again, this is quaint English town, so I don't suspect it'll exactly get 'heavy' around here.

On 3/21/2020 at 8:34 AM, squirrelarmy said:

All the pubs are closed so obviously all the supermarkets have now been cleared out of beer. We’re in the end of days now. 

I'm drinking mulled wine. That I think was bought so long ago that my ex purchased it