Thread for the drunkards

Bryanrebe

46 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Oh my gosh, where is this? I've been feeling like I need to widen my selection of frequented pubs and bars. This looks ideal. 

Blochairn, east end of the city. The pub serves the fruit, veg and fish market which explains why it’s open from 8 in the morning. It’s not for the faint hearted and hasn’t the ambiance of a Byres  road west end wine bar! 

9 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I know I shouldn’t like it but no matter how I am feeling as soon as I hear the theme I start doing a sitting down dance. It’s an instrumental version of a 1960s Jamaican song called you’re wondering now. (Acc to the internet). The plots are so thin but who cares! 

You can get it on Spotify! We all like it on at home and have a dance to the tune! Proper silly but fun. The kids love it!

8 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

We all have a bit of a soft spot for it, don't we?

I had a soft spot for the old Birmingham Central Library, which was an example of this architecture. I recall as a kid learning something while in that library. It was that if you slid your shoes along the carpet, rather than walked, for some time, then you'd build up enough static to be able to go up to someone else and give them a mild electric shock. That library wasn't wasted on me.

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I had a soft spot for the old Birmingham Central Library, which was an example of this architecture. I recall as a kid learning something while in that library. It was that if you slid your shoes along the carpet, rather than walked, for some time, then you'd build up enough static to be able to go up to someone else and give them a mild electric shock. That library wasn't wasted on me.

Oh the joys of charging yourself on those fabulous carpets. Then casually sliding up behind a mate, finger primed and loaded. ZAP right to the earlobe. I always found the earlobe to be the best for optimum 'Shock.😱

2 hours ago, morph100 said:

I like being tipsy but don’t like being drunk, what is the answer? Because I like to drink all of the booze and no booze means no tipsy....conundrum see

Avoid the scrumpy. Try and drink a glass of water between each alcoholic beverage.

My issue is when to start drinking. I'm not a great day drinker, anything before 4.00pm and I NEED to take a nap. But I'll be so tempted by all the ice cold cider...

15 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Not directly drunk, but just avoiding work as the Sunday session in Dublin has gotten me once again. 

I dare say that you'll not be alone in being off work today in Dublin because of the Sunday session having taken a stranglehold of you. I haven't been to Dublin in years, but used to go there very regularly when one of my brothers worked there. Back then the Sunday session was quite a big thing, as people who had gone to see their folks in the country for the weekend had come back to the city for work the next day. Then they all would have a brainwave and decide to go for a pint or two on the Sunday to cap off the weekend. What could possibly go wrong?

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I dare say that you'll not be alone in being off work today in Dublin because of the Sunday session having taken a stranglehold of you. I haven't been to Dublin in years, but used to go there very regularly when one of my brothers worked there. Back then the Sunday session was quite a big thing, as people who had gone to see their folks in the country for the weekend had come back to the city for work the next day. Then they all would have a brainwave and decide to go for a pint or two on the Sunday to cap off the weekend. What could possibly go wrong?

No I've made it in, I'm grand for it even if I roll in at 3/4 which I did, yep that is exactly it, going home on weekends to see the parents is a big thing, and then rolling back Sunday afternoon onto Camden Lower is full of country bumpkins, was heaving a bit more than usual yesterday cause of the rugby. Sure you'll beat yourself up the next day, but you can't beat the craic hey

On 2/20/2020 at 10:50 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Anyone else who can’t stop breaking into a dance when the death in paradise theme tune is on? Just love it 

Yea me go nuts for a seconds then go in to columbo mode.... Crazyfool you know me to well lol

1 hour ago, HattersBoy said:

And theres me thinking I was the only one my better half thinks I'm mad.

The country is full of folk with this guilty secret. I decided the time was right to admit to it on this thread. The last time I was so affected by a theme tune was decades ago. That time it was the Howards Way theme. Probably a bit too long ago for e festers to remember it!  Didn’t dance to it, a la death in paradise,  that time i took out my lighter and waved it . 

Edit, I like a few beers before death in paradise so that might explain my behaviour.

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The country is full of folk with this guilty secret. I decide the time was right to admit to it on this thread. The last time I was so affected by a theme tune was decades ago. That time it was the Howards Way theme. Probably a bit too long ago for e festers to remember it!  Didn’t dance to it, a la death in paradise,  that time it took out my lighter and waved it . 

Here you go, waving my lighter in the air at work, more strange looks. I remember it but wasn't  really a fan.

3 minutes ago, HattersBoy said:

Here you go, waving my lighter in the air at work, more strange looks. I remember it but wasn't  really a fan.

Brilliant , not fashionable to have a lighter in the house any more so I’ve just recreated the moment using the modern method, the I phone light!  Yes the programme , especially the last series was, shite but loved that tune! 😁👍

I recall that the shelves in my parents garage were made from old props from Howard's Way. My brother had acquired the timber from somewhere for free. Many of the shelves had stickers on them with a tv companies name (if I remember rightly), as well as the title Howards Way set, and then the location of where that piece of timber was to be used on the set.