Thread for the drunkards

Bryanrebe

On 1/31/2020 at 8:28 PM, Bisque said:

My parents & a good friend of mine passed away today. I was tempted to take them down the pub with other friends but I’ll do it tomorrow.

Part of me is telling me not to question your two sentences, but part of me is almost pleading with me to ask for some clarification. I guess that the later won in the end, given my own first sentence in this post.

16 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Part of me is telling me not to question your two sentences, but part of me is almost pleading with me to ask for some clarification. I guess that the later won in the end, given my own first sentence in this post.

Reading it back it doesn’t make much sense does it! Blame dyslexia, which is why you often find some of my posts edited.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, semmtexx said:

It's a great tune and program. Super daft but the sun and sand help the long winter!

I know I shouldn’t like it but no matter how I am feeling as soon as I hear the theme I start doing a sitting down dance. It’s an instrumental version of a 1960s Jamaican song called you’re wondering now. (Acc to the internet). The plots are so thin but who cares! 

On 2/19/2020 at 1:39 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

4911E94F-14B6-4FAE-A9A5-37C052A8D65F.jpeg.b11a390999ca62f2e2f19725e5404a83.jpeg

Flat roof and no windows!

one of Glasgow’s most picturesque drinking establishments, open from 8am! 

I suppose on the upside there is the fact that there are no windows through which one can be thrown out of.

That remind me of a markets pub that I frequented from time to time, before pubs could stay open all hours. You could get in there at any wee hour of the morning. I recall one of my cousins from Ireland coming over to Birmingham to do some carpentry works and ending up being taken to the pub. Now he was from a remote part of the west coast of Ireland, and just wasn't used to being in a pub where a lady of the night was servicing customers on the pool table next to the bar. 

33 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Now he was from a remote part of the west coast of Ireland, and just wasn't used to being in a pub where a lady of the night was servicing customers on the pool table next to the bar. 

Having been to some pubs in a remote part of the west coast of Ireland (Mayo, specifically), I'm slightly surprised by that..

12 minutes ago, incident said:

Having been to some pubs in a remote part of the west coast of Ireland (Mayo, specifically), I'm slightly surprised by that..

I'm talking about Kerry, not about them heathens in Mayo! lol Actually, I've been to Mayo a fair number of times and always enjoyed the craic there. Many moons ago now I went to Westport with one of my brothers and a load of friends. We were doing a tour around Ireland. Anyway, I was usually had (at that time) a kind of very short haircut (as in No 2 on a Wahl electric hair cutter). This time around though I kept my hair long'ish as I just knew that my brother would say to me that we had to go in to Northern Ireland through the check points that were there then, in my English number plated car, to use a banks facilities (as he was persona non grata with most banks). Anyway, I wasn't looking forward to this trip as I'd never been to Northern Ireland before, and didn't relish driving in to it with short hair in an English car. Anyway, to cut a long story short we got to the bank in Enniskillen and back to Westport safely. It was then that I walked in to a barbers shop with two very old men cutting peoples hair with scissors. I then came out with the line 'Do you know what a No. 2 is'? They just looked at me, and the penny dropped inside my head. I just nodded at them and shut the door and walked away from the barbers. 

Anyway, I've drank in many parts of the west coast of Ireland and have never seen people shagging on pool tables etc. I'm not too sure if I've missed out or not on that one.

On 2/19/2020 at 1:39 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

4911E94F-14B6-4FAE-A9A5-37C052A8D65F.jpeg.b11a390999ca62f2e2f19725e5404a83.jpeg

Flat roof and no windows!

one of Glasgow’s most picturesque drinking establishments, open from 8am! 

Oh my gosh, where is this? I've been feeling like I need to widen my selection of frequented pubs and bars. This looks ideal. 

Edited by Sasperella