Thread for the drunkards

Bryanrebe

Had a Christmas bbq with my friends last night and got pretty sloshed. My Husband did a cocktail making class as their social club Christmas party, so he was making them all night.

It's the summer holiday here and I've got two weeks off work. Expect I'll be posting in this thread a lot. Happy holidays everyone!

20191221_200827.jpg

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

Had a Christmas bbq with my friends last night and got pretty sloshed. My Husband did a cocktail making class as their social club Christmas party, so he was making them all night.

It's the summer holiday here and I've got two weeks off work. Expect I'll be posting in this thread a lot. Happy holidays everyone!

20191221_200827.jpg

Looks good,  seeing the words Christmas BBQ is an oxymoron to us from dark rain soaked Scotland. My daughter and her family are off camping in the north island as soon as xmas day is over.  

have a lovely holiday and keep some of that  sunny mud free weather for Somerset next June! 

11 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

20191221_200827.jpg

Takes me back to my working holiday in Nz on the vineyards in Blenheim ... our boss did us a fantastic barbecue on Christmas Day with the sun shining ... heady days ... have a fantastic Christmas 

On 12/22/2019 at 12:12 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Looks good,  seeing the words Christmas BBQ is an oxymoron to us from dark rain soaked Scotland. My daughter and her family are off camping in the north island as soon as xmas day is over.  

For a second there I thought you meant Skye, and I was gonna go "DON'T DO IT". But then I realised you meant NZ and stood down 

I've never remembered to post in the drunkards thread before...but now I'm drunk and waiting for a bus 🙂

Went out for a cheeky pint with a friend. Five and a half hours later I'm getting the bus back home remembering that I have to work tomorrow. It's expected on Christmas Eve though, right?

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Sasperella said:

I've never remembered to post in the drunkards thread before...but now I'm drunk and waiting for a bus 🙂

Went out for a cheeky pint with a friend. Five and a half hours later I'm getting the bus back home remembering that I have to work tomorrow. It's expected on Christmas Eve though, right?

Hope you are OK today Sasparella. 

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hope you are OK today Sasparella. 

Hi Yog,

I am actually feeling a bit delicate. Not least because I seem to have acquired a cold somehow on the way home! Quite annoying. Luckily I've managed to find a few easy tasks to occupy myself with and there's noone around to ask me to do anything challenging. 

Has your Christmas bender start with earnest yet? 🙂

8 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Hi Yog,

I am actually feeling a bit delicate. Not least because I seem to have acquired a cold somehow on the way home! Quite annoying. Luckily I've managed to find a few easy tasks to occupy myself with and there's noone around to ask me to do anything challenging. 

Has your Christmas bender start with earnest yet? 🙂

Hello Sasperella,

Happy to hear that things aren't too bad for you after last night. Hang on in there.

Yes, the feastivities truly started last night, and the foot was firmly put down on the accelerator. I managed to get to bed at about 6am this morning, but was up for 8.30am. That's possibly to do with having taken a shed full of speed. I am, rather spookily, feeling as fresh as a daisy. Also, while we're on this thread, I am actually just finishing off a G & T that was left over from last night. Waste not, want not, and all that.

Wishing you a speedy journey through the working day, and a very Happy Christmas. :)

Oh, forgot to say - I've got some heavy hitting guests arriving at around 1pm today, so may well be adding to this thread sonner rather than later. Yikes!

17 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Sasperella,

Happy to hear that things aren't too bad for you after last night. Hang on in there.

Yes, the feastivities truly started last night, and the foot was firmly put down on the accelerator. I managed to get to bed at about 6am this morning, but was up for 8.30am. That's possibly to do with having taken a shed full of speed. I am, rather spookily, feeling as fresh as a daisy. Also, while we're on this thread, I am actually just finishing off a G & T that was left over from last night. Waste not, want not, and all that.

Wishing you a speedy journey through the working day, and a very Happy Christmas. :)

Oh, forgot to say - I've got some heavy hitting guests arriving at around 1pm today, so may well be adding to this thread sonner rather than later. Yikes!

Haha, this all sounds great Yog! I remain in awe of your stamina. 

My intention this year is to take it relatively easy until after Christmas...Up until a couple of years ago I used to go all out on Xmas Eve, go to bed at about 6am only to be woken up an hour later (if I was lucky) for Xmas day things and be forced to start on the bucks fizz. 

To clarify though, "relatively easy" will still involve drinking a lot of wine, cider and prosecco with my folks.

And don't worry - I'm going away to the Isle of Arran for a (boozy) few days on the 28th with some friends before all coming back to Glasgow for NYE for a big old party. That extra bank holiday you get in Scotland on the 2nd basically invites/necessitates you to get out of your tree

EDIT: oh, I almost forgot....MERRY CHRISTMAS, YOG!

😄

Edited by Sasperella

I’m looking in on this thread every so often thinking why on earth do I have my drinking plans scuppered by illness ... was going to have a quiet one today ... but alas it’s not possible ... I’m still trying to decide if it’s worth giving my parents a heads up that I might not be able to make tomoro ... don’t think I’ve drunk for a couple of months now :( ... anyway keep those drinks flowing and a merry drunken Christmas to all 

30 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Haha, this all sounds great Yog! I remain in awe of your stamina. 

My intention this year is to take it relatively easy until after Christmas...Up until a couple of years ago I used to go all out on Xmas Eve, go to bed at about 6am only to be woken up an hour later (if I was lucky) for Xmas day things and be forced to start on the bucks fizz. 

To clarify though, "relatively easy" will still involve drinking a lot of wine, cider and prosecco with my folks.

And don't worry - I'm going away to the Isle of Arran for a (boozy) few days on the 28th with some friends before all coming back to Glasgow for NYE for a big old party. That extra bank holiday you get in Scotland on the 2nd basically invites/necessitates you to get out of your tree

EDIT: oh, I almost forgot....MERRY CHRISTMAS, YOG!

😄

Hello Sasparella,

Oh, how lovely that you are going to the Isle of Arran. I'm well jealous. I have, on different trips, been to some of the west coast of Scotland islands - Bute, Mull, Muck and Eigg. I think that the west coast is a truly magical place, with some breathtakingly beautiful scenery. I can't recall, but think it was Muck, where I stayed with the Laird of the island, who does B & B. I recall getting to the islands on the Caledonian MacBrayne ferries, and being enchanted with the whole place. It is, undoubtedly, somewhere that I'd like to visit again. :)

On 12/24/2019 at 11:06 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Sasparella,

Oh, how lovely that you are going to the Isle of Arran. I'm well jealous. I have, on different trips, been to some of the west coast of Scotland islands - Bute, Mull, Muck and Eigg. I think that the west coast is a truly magical place, with some breathtakingly beautiful scenery. I can't recall, but think it was Muck, where I stayed with the Laird of the island, who does B & B. I recall getting to the islands on the Caledonian MacBrayne ferries, and being enchanted with the whole place. It is, undoubtedly, somewhere that I'd like to visit again. :)

61FCF6CB-D676-43B9-9803-6F99D28EE6F0.thumb.jpeg.a0b6882435be12ba331ab091949f40ce.jpeg

this was Arran today, taken from west Kilbride a few miles from the mainland ferry terminal.  A beautiful day and a wee bit of snow on the peaks! 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

61FCF6CB-D676-43B9-9803-6F99D28EE6F0.thumb.jpeg.a0b6882435be12ba331ab091949f40ce.jpeg

this was Arran today, taken from west Kilbride a few miles from the mainland ferry terminal.  A beautiful day and a wee bit of snow on the peaks! 

I was coming here to berate everyone for this thread not being higher...but I'm going here in two days!!!! Looks lush. And it will be boozy, so I guess I'll be posting back (if I remember) 

• Upvote 1

Just wondering what "signs" to look for when contemplating if maybe, a tiny teeny wee bit, I may of over indulged this festive period.  More rum consumed than I dare think about. Many more consumables added into the mix. Feeling flakey doesn't half describe my present unwellbeing. But the "signs" are showing me it's time to ease up. I had to go to work early this morning, my colleague picked me up and started the fourty minute drive far to chirpy. I soon had him silenced with my utter misery, and it stayed silent until I screamed

"fuck, mind out, there's cow's on the road"

He didn't slow down, he didn't panic, just gave a pitiful look and said

"They're chevrons, indicating a bend in the road. They've always been there "

"Oooops" was my feeble reply.

Those signs are my sign to maybe reign it in.....

But it's New Years eve, so one final push😉

• Upvote 1