Thread for the drunkards

Bryanrebe

25 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

The monkey has been opened. My mate just text with a spare ticket for Stanton warriors on Friday. Fucking Christmas has started. Stick the politics up Boris's ass and party. Peace and goodwill to all you lovely peoples ?

8.06 I caved in. 

You have the breaking strain of a Kit Kat!

What are those drinks?

4 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You have the breaking strain of a Kit Kat!

What are those drinks?

The tall bottle is deadhead rum. 6yr old. Had it before but was spangled before I started and proper spangled after. Looking forward to trying when my brain and tastebuds are actually communicating. I've opened the monkey,  which is deadhead chocolate rum. I'm liking it very much. Proper sipping rum. No mixer,  no ice cubes and feeling proper warm and fuzzy. I may be over using the word proper. But that's proper okay. ?

On 12/15/2019 at 6:19 AM, crazyfool1 said:

Ive had to cancel my only xmas night out,  im gutted :(  to add to the misery the last couple of days have provided .... had a few stomach issues that I just cant risk on a night out :( .... anyway as you were ... anyone getting drunk tonight please have an extra one on my behalf and enjoy x 

Both my work's Christmas parties got cancelled, so know the feeling! Ended up going out anyway and had a great time. Looking at the UK election results every now and then was a bit grim though...

17 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

Both my work's Christmas parties got cancelled, so know the feeling! Ended up going out anyway and had a great time. Looking at the UK election results every now and then was a bit grim though...

feels like xmas is cancelled for many .... but we will bounce back .... having some idiots in power is not going to change the decent people that exist , despite there being a few more of different opinion to me than I expected .. so we go on and hope for more moderate and tolerant policies :) ...nights out are rare and that was a rare one that I missed ... might force me out on my own next weekend 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

The tall bottle is deadhead rum. 6yr old. Had it before but was spangled before I started and proper spangled after. Looking forward to trying when my brain and tastebuds are actually communicating. I've opened the monkey,  which is deadhead chocolate rum. I'm liking it very much. Proper sipping rum. No mixer,  no ice cubes and feeling proper warm and fuzzy. I may be over using the word proper. But that's proper okay. ?

Wow, neither of those bottles come cheap, do they!?  The only rum that I can take is a white rum taken in the form of a Mojito cocktail. 

Enjoy your evening. :)

11 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Wow, neither of those bottles come cheap, do they!?  The only rum that I can take is a white rum taken in the form of a Mojito cocktail. 

Enjoy your evening. :)

Ouchy. Work has arrived far to soon. That's what happens when you stay on good behaviour for a couple of weeks. Misbehaving on a school night is a hard lesson I've never learned. ?

Edited by mashedonmud

7 hours ago, mashedonmud said:

Ouchy. Work has arrived far to soon. That's what happens when you stay on good behaviour for a couple of weeks. Misbehaving on a school night is a hard lesson I've never learned. ?

I feel your pain. I've been there far too many times to remember. Hoping that it's passed for you now. 

Despite being recently retired I’ve been invited to the school staff night out next week . Now the shackles are off I don’t have to worry about minor alcohol fuelled indiscretions and expect former colleagues to be generous with their hospitality. I had made up my mind that I wouldn’t go, times change, but now my resolve is weakening, decision over the weekend. 

15 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Despite being recently retired I’ve been invited to the school staff night out next week . Now the shackles are off I don’t have to worry about minor alcohol fuelled indiscretions and expect former colleagues to be generous with their hospitality. I had made up my mind that I wouldn’t go, times change, but now my resolve is weakening, decision over the weekend. 

What could possibly go wrong, if you did decide to go!  lol

When I was younger I used to go to the works evening Christmas event, but that was purely to see if I could get in to any female fellow worker's pants. As I got older, I realised that I just didn't want to be at an event with people I forcibly had to spend a good proportion of my life with. Not even the prospect of free drink could sway me.

9 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

What could possibly go wrong, if you did decide to go!  lol

When I was younger I used to go to the works evening Christmas event, but that was purely to see if I could get in to any female fellow worker's pants. As I got older, I realised that I just didn't want to be at an event with people I forcibly had to spend a good proportion of my life with. Not even the prospect of free drink could sway me.

Very true, recent years I’ve spent most of the time drinking relatively sensibly and watching others make a complete and utter arse of themselves, culminating in trying to act as peacemaker or relationship councillor. And then there’s the fucking secret Santa which turns out to be not so secret as its rigged to give maximum embarrassment. 

37 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Very true, recent years I’ve spent most of the time drinking relatively sensibly and watching others make a complete and utter arse of themselves, culminating in trying to act as peacemaker or relationship councillor. And then there’s the fucking secret Santa which turns out to be not so secret as its rigged to give maximum embarrassment. 

I was only ever 'forced' to involve myself with the Secret Santa thing once in my working life. I don't actually know how it all went, because I was struck down by the flu, just before the place broke up for Christmas.

I've just remembered one Christmas works do at a hotel in Birmingham city centre (apologies now for those who have read this before, as I have posted it on here before). My new boss came up to me during the night and asked me if I wanted some coke. I said to him something like 'Yes, I would very much like some coke'. Anyway, we went off to the bloke's loo to snort it in one of the traps. As we had got it lined up, a load of bloke's entered the toilet area. So not to give the game away, my boss gingerly got his feet up on to the toilet pan cover, so that only one pair of feet could be seen from outside the cubicle. It was right at that very moment, that an 'evil' idea came in to my head as to an action I could take. Well, I just couldn't not see it through. So, I went around the side of my boss, snorted my line of coke, then turned around, opened the cubicle door, walked out, turned around again, and said 'Fuck off you dirty toilet trader'. The other blokes pissing in the urinals looked around, as I stormed off outside the toilet. It was only a short time later that my new boss came up to me laughing, just before blurting out that I was a c**t!

Just to fill you in a little on the above, and a bit extra - I had already worked in the same department as the bloke before he became my boss, but had very little to do with him. However, i knew a fair bit about him and that he was widely known by all in the then night club scene in the city, so the offer of coke was no surprise. I also knew that a mutual work colleague (who was and still is a dear friend of mine) 'rated' him.

Now for the 'extra' bit. I'll not say where (as that would give the game away) but two of his brothers put on an all night rave once, which was attended by many thousands of people. The lad I worked with (my boss) told me that the pair of them were able to pay off their mortgages, after that one night alone.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I was only ever 'forced' to involve myself with the Secret Santa thing once in my working life. I don't actually know how it all went, because I was struck down by the flu, just before the place broke up for Christmas.

I've just remembered one Christmas works do at a hotel in Birmingham city centre (apologies now for those who have read this before, as I have posted it on here before). My new boss came up to me during the night and asked me if I wanted some coke. I said to him something like 'Yes, I would very much like some coke'. Anyway, we went off to the bloke's loo to snort it in one of the traps. As we had got it lined up, a load of bloke's entered the toilet area. So not to give the game away, my boss gingerly got his feet up on to the toilet pan cover, so that only one pair of feet could be seen from outside the cubicle. It was right at that very moment, that an 'evil' idea came in to my head as to an action I could take. Well, I just couldn't not see it through. So, I went around the side of my boss, snorted my line of coke, then turned around, opened the cubicle door, walked out, turned around again, and said 'Fuck off you dirty toilet trader'. The other blokes pissing in the urinals looked around, as I stormed off outside the toilet. It was only a short time later that my new boss came up to me laughing, just before blurting out that I was

a c**t!

Just to fill you in a little on the above, and a bit extra - I had already worked in the same department as the bloke before he became my boss, but had very little to do with him. However, i knew a fair bit about him and that he was widely known by all in the then night club scene in the city, so the offer of coke was no surprise. I also knew that a mutual work colleague (who was and still is a dear friend of mine) 'rated' him.

Now for the 'extra' bit. I'll not say where (as that would give the game away) but two of his brothers put on an all night rave once, which was attended by many thousands of people. The lad I worked with (my boss) told me that the pair of them were able to pay off their mortgages, after that one night alone.

Boy do we need an 'edited highlights' thread. 

Love your stories btw

3 hours ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Boy do we need an 'edited highlights' thread. 

Love your stories btw

Sorry about the C word. I know that it's not liked by many, but it's often used by those around me (both male and female). For example, my own dad has called me one many many times throughout our lives together. Sometimes he actually means it, but sometimes it's just part of his nationality's parlance, as it were - for he be a mad Irishman, and they tend to use swear words like punctuation marks.Of course, not all or even the majority of irish people may swear, but the mad one's tend to.

I like that you like my stories. It kind of validates my life, which another school of thought would say I've squandered.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Sorry about the C word. I know that it's not liked by many, but it's often used by those around me (both male and female). For example, my own dad has called me one many many times throughout our lives together. Sometimes he actually means it, but sometimes it's just part of his nationality's parlance, as it were - for he be a mad Irishman, and they tend to use swear words like punctuation marks.Of course, not all or even the majority of irish people may swear, but the mad one's tend to.

I like that you like my stories. It kind of validates my life, which another school of thought would say I've squandered.

I’ve also enjoyed your tales down the years sir.

Many a chuckle raised. Keep up the good work ? 

Best place for this I suppose...

There's a drink currently taking the US by storm, White Claw. It's flavoured alcoholic soda water, so it's very low calorie. Thought I'd try a UK equivalent (https://groceries.asda.com/product/ready-to-drink/balans-lime-aqua-spritz/1000115100494) and by crikey it's drinkable. So refreshing. I'm getting sick of just being a lager boi, so I'm well open to this kinds of thing making its way into bars. Apparently we should expect a flood of different versions of this from all the major drinks companies in the new year.

It aint something I'd have as my main drink, but good to break up big drinking sessions, and heavy periods like christmas and festivals! I may well stock up for summer while it's only a quid a can at asda as well, seems perfect for Glaston. 

10 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

I’ve also enjoyed your tales down the years sir.

Many a chuckle raised. Keep up the good work ? 

Well, thanks Comfy Bean. :)

The thing is I can't in my normal life remember half the stuff I have got up to, as my memory is so shocking nowadays. However, when I come on here, I'll read something in a post, and it triggers a memory. So, this place is like a diary of my life really - or parts of it, at least. I'm glad that my posts often amuse people, because a lot of them are meant to. 

Apparently there's one person on here (I know not who) who is of the firm belief that the majority of my stories, if not all, are completely fabricated shite. Can you imagine what sort of an imagination you'd have to have to come up with bullet proof stories of my life, like I do?

The above said, I will actually post imaginary scenarios in life in general (especially after a smoke), but they're meant to be so obviously fictional, as to not warrant a written disclaimer next to them.

Unfortunately I have no smoke tonight - boo hoo. My neighbour might have some, but I've cadged a bit too much off him of late, to feel comfortable asking him again. I moved here just over two years ago, and have yet to establish a local provider. There''s so many people from my home city of Birmingham come here so very regularlyy, that I tend to pay them to bring some over. However, that doesn't help when I run out. I must make amends in this area. I feel a New Years resolution coming on - instead of abstaining from dope, I'm going to find a local source (off my neighbour) and really put the foot down!

Anyway, I'm rambling, so know that I need to stop.

48 minutes ago, Simpo said:

There's a drink currently taking the US by storm, White Claw. It's flavoured alcoholic soda water, so it's very low calorie. Thought I'd try a UK equivalent (https://groceries.asda.com/product/ready-to-drink/balans-lime-aqua-spritz/1000115100494) and by crikey it's drinkable. So refreshing. I'm getting sick of just being a lager boi, so I'm well open to this kinds of thing making its way into bars. Apparently we should expect a flood of different versions of this from all the major drinks companies in the new year.

It aint something I'd have as my main drink, but good to break up big drinking sessions, and heavy periods like christmas and festivals! I may well stock up for summer while it's only a quid a can at asda as well, seems perfect for Glaston. 

Is this not just canned vodka lime and soda? My drink of choice usually

Just got back from the pub and randomly entered the UK open darts tournament while there. Inspired by Fallon Sherrock

Just now, a6l6e6x said:

Is this not just canned vodka lime and soda? My drink of choice usually

Just got back from the pub and randomly entered the UK open darts tournament while there. Inspired by Fallon Sherrock

Pretty much, but no vodka taste and very easy to drink. Not a revolutionary idea or anything, but I can see why they've caught on.

10 hours ago, Simpo said:

In Canada pre-mixed flavored vodka sodas have taken over. (similar to white claw, which I have tried, and is very drinkable) Nude and Nutrl are the 2 main brands 

They appeared last summer and have just exploded with different brands and flavors. My hangovers have definitely improved with the lack of sugar! Highly recommend. 

2 hours ago, MetaKate said:

In Canada pre-mixed flavored vodka sodas have taken over. (similar to white claw, which I have tried, and is very drinkable) Nude and Nutrl are the 2 main brands 

They appeared last summer and have just exploded with different brands and flavors. My hangovers have definitely improved with the lack of sugar! Highly recommend. 

I know about Nutri from ads while watching Vancouver Canucks games. "Enter the Neutral zone" every five minutes, which is both a rubbish slogan, and a rubbish hockey analogy, as it just means going into the area in the middle of the rink where not much happens.

So I guess I'm Team Nude. Ooh.

21 minutes ago, oneeye said:

Bump, since this is the last working Friday before xmas; an excuse to get on it if ever there was one 🍺🍸🍻🎅😎

enjoy ... im up at 5am every morning until xmas eve ... and driving xmas day ... might have a quick try a friends home-brew for painkilling purposes though :)