Thread for the drunkards

Bryanrebe

4 hours ago, morph100 said:

@crazyfool1 here you go.

how is your quest in getting tickets, did you write your letter? Any other angles you working on?

cheers :) letter was sent and I got a kind of generic type reply... which was great but not really what I was after :)  ... but twitter is proving useful too and the like of that post by Emily is great  :) no major plans in the pipeline although I will be active on the socials whilst its probably a bit quieter for them .... was thinking of designing hats for Pet shop boys ... but at this stage without them having confirmed they are playing it might be a dead end 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

cheers :) letter was sent and I got a kind of generic type reply... which was great but not really what I was after :)  ... but twitter is proving useful too and the like of that post by Emily is great  :) no major plans in the pipeline although I will be active on the socials whilst its probably a bit quieter for them .... was thinking of designing hats for Pet shop boys ... but at this stage without them having confirmed they are playing it might be a dead end 

Yes, better wait until they have  confirmed. Remember the bloke who made a green door when shakin Stevens was playing, carried it around all day, and he didn’t sing it. 

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

If you make enough interesting hats maybe you could bid for a performers pass to walk round the theatre and circus area?

9 minutes ago, morph100 said:

If you make enough interesting hats maybe you could bid for a performers pass to walk round the theatre and circus area?

That thought had crossed my mind ... and was In my letter in terms of looking  to promote the love the farm message ... I do have a friend of a friend that might be of use ... but unfortunately its a distant contact rather than a direct one that might be able to just say yes 

4 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

Is scrumpy cider available at Glastonbury? I'd lie and say I was asking for friend, but I started this thread so...

I'm fairly certain that The Cider Bus sells scrumpy cider. In fact I'm actually 100% certain, it's just that my low level lack of self confidence prevents me from not putting a caveat in.

On 11/9/2019 at 1:38 PM, ShakeyCrash said:

Yep.  Good news is I’ve made it to the airport. Ended up popping into a sports bar, watching some college basketball and picking up a dominos pizza having convinced myself that I had to sample one in the US.  Sober me wishes I was drunk me, but he’d never hold down a job.  Not too full of regrets, but this is largely down to the delete message function in WhatsApp and different time zones!  Feel for you on the Paddington thing.  Nothing worse than being hungover and in a busy place when all you want to do is cut yourself off from the world!

Sampling that with a 8.30am pint. I hold you solely responsible for the rest of my day. 

So this is my first post since this fateful night 10 days ago.  I had 2 pints in the airport, 1 can on the plane.  Room wasn’t ready so went to a bar close by so had another 3 pints and chatted with a retired Australian couple before checking in at 3pm (actually 4pm in the end as had the wrong hotel).  Had an hours nap which convinced me I was sober and then made my way to Bourbon street. Saw a karaoke place, and made a mental note that this is where I would end up. Bit of food with a couple of pints (lined the stomach so convinced myself I was too sober). Went to a place enticed by a band playing sweet child of mine, and stayed for Proud Mary - 1pint). Played a song I didn’t know so went to a European jazz bar which was epic... lose count of pints at this point (More than 3).  Saw it was past midnight and had an NFL game the next day so thought home time.... until I passed a piano bar which took requests... a few renditions of Piano man (and more beer) and feel it’s now time to mingle.  Wonderwall provided the perfect opportunity to start up a conversation about me being British and was duly adopted by 3 lovely locals (amazing people - 1 guy paid $10 because I said I wanted them to play tiny dancer). Now I was in the zone and convinced my new found friends that we needed to do karaoke! At this point my friends back home (who I had informed of my karaoke plan) woke up due to 6 hour time difference. We choose Mr Brightside, nailed it, and as luck would have it the karaoke place did a live stream. My mate recorded it and sent me the video.

I got back to the hotel at 5am and suffice to say I almost missed the start of the NFL game.  I have now recovered enough to regale this tale (hangxiety amplified I can tell you) and to have a few beers to celebrate the Macca announcement. I also wanted to reiterate the fact that I hold @Bryanrebe solely responsible for this.

On 11/16/2019 at 10:48 AM, Bryanrebe said:

Is scrumpy cider available at Glastonbury? I'd lie and say I was asking for friend, but I started this thread so...

There's quite a few farms around in glastonbury that sell scrumpy.. You might want to check em out.. You never know they might post... Even down to you.. Which would be cool imo.. Do you have good scrumpy down there.. 

This is the one closest to us.. Many a night I've lost after visiting here.. 

https://newforestcider.co.uk/

Edited by guypjfreak

18 hours ago, ShakeyCrash said:

So this is my first post since this fateful night 10 days ago.  I had 2 pints in the airport, 1 can on the plane.  Room wasn’t ready so went to a bar close by so had another 3 pints and chatted with a retired Australian couple before checking in at 3pm (actually 4pm in the end as had the wrong hotel).  Had an hours nap which convinced me I was sober and then made my way to Bourbon street. Saw a karaoke place, and made a mental note that this is where I would end up. Bit of food with a couple of pints (lined the stomach so convinced myself I was too sober). Went to a place enticed by a band playing sweet child of mine, and stayed for Proud Mary - 1pint). Played a song I didn’t know so went to a European jazz bar which was epic... lose count of pints at this point (More than 3).  Saw it was past midnight and had an NFL game the next day so thought home time.... until I passed a piano bar which took requests... a few renditions of Piano man (and more beer) and feel it’s now time to mingle.  Wonderwall provided the perfect opportunity to start up a conversation about me being British and was duly adopted by 3 lovely locals (amazing people - 1 guy paid $10 because I said I wanted them to play tiny dancer). Now I was in the zone and convinced my new found friends that we needed to do karaoke! At this point my friends back home (who I had informed of my karaoke plan) woke up due to 6 hour time difference. We choose Mr Brightside, nailed it, and as luck would have it the karaoke place did a live stream. My mate recorded it and sent me the video.

I got back to the hotel at 5am and suffice to say I almost missed the start of the NFL game.  I have now recovered enough to regale this tale (hangxiety amplified I can tell you) and to have a few beers to celebrate the Macca announcement. I also wanted to reiterate the fact that I hold @Bryanrebe solely responsible for this.

That's a solid effort you put in there ShakeyCrash. Not sure why, but it's reminded me of a time when I got a phone call at work early one morning from a friend who was in the Far East somewhere (he's fortunate in having to go there regularly for his own work). Anyway, he told me that he was drunk as a Lord in a bar which was playing music and had a dance floor , but he was the only customer, and that there was about 15 staff on duty. Anyway, he had rang me to ask whether I thought that he should have a dance on his own on the dance floor, in front of all the bored staff. I responded that it was imperative that he do so.

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That's a solid effort you put in there ShakeyCrash. Not sure why, but it's reminded me of a time when I got a phone call at work early one morning from a friend who was in the Far East somewhere (he's fortunate in having to go there regularly for his own work). Anyway, he told me that he was drunk as a Lord in a bar which was playing music and had a dance floor , but he was the only customer, and that there was about 15 staff on duty. Anyway, he had rang me to ask whether I thought that he should have a dance on his own on the dance floor, in front of all the bored staff. I responded that it was imperative that he do so.

it always needs one to start dancing and others will follow .... probably not in this case :) 

11 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

There's quite a few farms around in glastonbury that sell scrumpy.. You might want to check em out.. You never know they might post... Even down to you.. Which would be cool imo.. Do you have good scrumpy down there.. 

This is the one closest to us.. Many a night I've lost after visiting here.. 

https://newforestcider.co.uk/

We do have some good scrumpy in New Zealand. One area of New Zealand is renound for growing apples (Hawke's Bay). You can always get a good scrumpy there.

New Zealand is in the midst of a craft beer craze, which is meaning we're also seeing more craft cider. It tends to be your classic 4-5% though.

8 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

We do have some good scrumpy in New Zealand. One area of New Zealand is renound for growing apples (Hawke's Bay). You can always get a good scrumpy there.

New Zealand is in the midst of a craft beer craze, which is meaning we're also seeing more craft cider. It tends to be your classic 4-5% though.

I think that’s the main reason my daughter and her husband uprooted their family and emigrated to NZ. They love their craft beers. Haha only to discover they bought a house in an area designated dry by the Auckland authorities! They checked the schools, jobs, houses etc but not pubs. Anyway all’s well that ends well, little creatures opened a brewery, pub and restaurant  a short walk from their house last year! So no more ferries across the bay for a decent drink. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I think that’s the main reason my daughter and her husband uprooted their family and emigrated to NZ. They love their craft beers. Haha only to discover they bought a house in an area designated dry by the Auckland authorities! They checked the schools, jobs, houses etc but not pubs. Anyway all’s well that ends well, little creatures opened a brewery, pub and restaurant  a short walk from their house last year! So no more ferries across the bay for a decent drink. 

Was there an official alteration to the areas designated 'dry' in Auckland, to enable a brewery, pub, and restaurant to open up in a place previously declared as 'dry'? Just wondering if it's that, or whether they have somehow circumvented the constraints within the intentions of the original wording of any 'dry' order?