Thread for the drunkards

Bryanrebe

39 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Cheers everyone hope you've had a good weekend ... time for a celebratory cider .... just the one mind its a school night 

IMG_5317.jpeg

Never stopped the kids in my school.  Taking the register, Where’s Smith? Answer, he’s late, was pissed all weekend.  Teachers reply, that's disgraceful, how many times has he been told, stick to a joint on a Sunday night. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Never stopped the kids in my school.  Taking the register, Where’s Smith? Answer, he’s late, was pissed all weekend.  Teachers reply, that's disgraceful, how many times has he been told, stick to a joint on a Sunday night. 

Ok on your advice I’ve gone to the pub :) 

• Upvote 1

Need drunken ideas.....got a Beatles fancy dress party can go as a beatle, song name, album or anything else creative.

so far I’m thinking an octopus outfit with gardening tools attached to each limb.

or me and Mrs morph going in a bed outfit with make love not war signs etc

3 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Need drunken ideas.....got a Beatles fancy dress party can go as a beatle, song name, album or anything else creative.

so far I’m thinking an octopus outfit with gardening tools attached to each limb.

Initiall thoughts are go with something from a track name .... give me some thinking time and some ideas might morph from that :) 

24 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Go as a strawberry and carry a picture of a field around with you......

Take a blank paperback book and write in it all night.....paperback writer.

Turn up and leave straight away... then send a txt saying I came as hello, goodbye.

go as a zebra crossing ? 

3 hours ago, morph100 said:

You be the sky, wife is dressed with diamonds all over her.

Or just take some LSD beforehand and say you're Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and let them figure out why. 

You could dress as a sun, she could some how be a little darling. 

Blackbirds.

Egg man and walrus?

10 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That’s fried haggis on my brekkie this morning. To convert it to an English substitute that with black pudding. There must be somewhere on site for a full English but never actually looked for one

Children's World Café next to the Cabaret tent is the fry up palace of Glastonbury. Not sure if they do black pudding though.

4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I think I know what you are on about here, but have to confess that I'm not actually 100% on it. Would you mind explaining?

Octopuses garden

so octopus outfit with trowel, spade, rake, fork etc attached to each arm  

7 hours ago, MetaKate said:

You be the sky, wife is dressed with diamonds all over her.

Or just take some LSD beforehand and say you're Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and let them figure out why. 

You could dress as a sun, she could some how be a little darling. 

Blackbirds.

Egg man and walrus?

Like egg man and walrus, ?

Went on a stag do Saturday. Thought I’d prepare first, as is customary, by going to the cafe for a full English breakfast.

Of course being in NZ it was served with sautéed kale and beetroot purée.

The horror! The horror!

Edited by John the Moth
Darn typo, can’t be doing with this iOS “update”

42 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Went on a stag do Saturday. Thought I’d prepare first, as is customary, by going to the cafe for a full English breakfast.

The horror! The horror!

Heading to Auckland next year, to hell with not being able to bring food with me, I’m bringing black pudding. Reckon the sniffer dogs havnt been trained in its detection!

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

The horror! The horror!

Where in NZ? Never been offered kale with a breakfast thankfully, just want to know where to avoid.

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Heading to Auckland next year, to hell with not being able to bring food with me, I’m bringing black pudding. Reckon the sniffer dogs havnt been trained in its detection!

Honestly wouldn't risk it, they'll fine you $500 for an accidental apple. I went to Fiji once and on the way back through customs they fully combed our bags, and you're allowed to bring certain foods back from there! They were looking for untreated wood apparantly..

We do have black pudding, I hear it's delicious with a scallop on top.

10 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

Where in NZ? Never been offered kale with a breakfast thankfully, just want to know where to avoid.

Honestly wouldn't risk it, they'll fine you $500 for an accidental apple. I went to Fiji once and on the way back through customs they fully combed our bags, and you're allowed to bring certain foods back from there! They were looking for untreated wood apparantly..

I had a wooden bracelet that I made in fiji .. and tried taking back to nz ... they took it off me and fortunately got away with no fine :) 

20 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Actually eating out is great in New Zealand, even standard pubs tend to serve top quality food. Far removed from your Wetherspoons microwaved curries. No good when you just want some stodge though ?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

You’ll probably not be surprised to hear it was Auckland ?

Absolutely right on the biosecurity though. We had sniffer dogs all over us last time we came back in. Just a few food crumbs the 18 month old had scattered on the plane and got into the carry on, but we got fully searched.

14 hours ago, morph100 said:

Octopuses garden

so octopus outfit with trowel, spade, rake, fork etc attached to each arm  

Hello morph100,

Thanks for the explanation. It may not come as too much a surprise if I am to tell you that what I thought the situation to be, and that of 'reality' is, or at least was,  actually somewhat different. I had thought that it was your intention to go dressed as a beetle, as in the insect. but with the brief to represent the beetle via the use of a Modern Art approach. Not only that, but I thought it something I could applaud and put my backing to. However, fear not, because your original proposal with the octopus, also falls in to that category. I like it a lot. I once went to a fancy dress party that had an American theme. The brief was quite open ended, in that your attire had just to be something American, as in anything. On receiving the invite, I immediately knew what I had to do. To cut a long story short, I entered the fancy dress party house wearing a Clint Eastwood type poncho, but constructed out of a sheet of that artificial grass you see in green grocers. Then on top of my head there was a load of old dry long length grass shoots, within which I had somehow secured a plastic machine gun, with it's barrel ending slightly in front of my own head.

So, what had I gone as? A grassy knoll, of course.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

Don’t worry, been before and know the stringent checks, and they are quite right!  It will do us good having three weeks of healthy eating! 

18 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello morph100,

Thanks for the explanation. It may not come as too much a surprise if I am to tell you that what I thought the situation to be, and that of 'reality' is, or at least was,  actually somewhat different. I had thought that it was your intention to go dressed as a beetle, as in the insect. but with the brief to represent the beetle via the use of a Modern Art approach. Not only that, but I thought it something I could applaud and put my backing to. However, fear not, because your original proposal with the octopus, also falls in to that category. I like it a lot. I once went to a fancy dress party that had an American theme. The brief was quite open ended, in that your attire had just to be something American, as in anything. On receiving the invite, I immediately knew what I had to do. To cut a long story short, I entered the fancy dress party house wearing a Clint Eastwood type poncho, but constructed out of a sheet of that artificial grass you see in green grocers. Then on top of my head there was a load of old dry long length grass shoots, within which I had somehow secured a plastic machine gun, with it's barrel ending slightly in front of my own head.

So, what had I gone as? A grassy knoll, of course.

Excellent work