Thread for the drunkards

Bryanrebe

I had hoped to be at least a little bit squiffy by now, but alas, am nowhere near it. I'm now starting to worry, and wonder if my 39 years of taking excessive amounts of alcohol in the run up to the creation of this thread, has actually all been one dreadful big mistake. I am, of course, now wondering if I have peaked an incy wincy bit too early.

• Upvote 2

In a blues club. Have a flight to New Orleans tomorrow at 8am and trying to figure out when I should leave. Current thinking is 2 more with the comfort that I have beer back at the hotel.  Got me Spotify so may relive the time I got Glastonbury tickets (WhatsApp chat) to music, or listen to the nostalgia list.  Either way I’m waking up tomorrow and regretting this post! God damn you hangxiety!!

7 hours ago, ShakeyCrash said:

In a blues club. Have a flight to New Orleans tomorrow at 8am and trying to figure out when I should leave. Current thinking is 2 more with the comfort that I have beer back at the hotel.  Got me Spotify so may relive the time I got Glastonbury tickets (WhatsApp chat) to music, or listen to the nostalgia list.  Either way I’m waking up tomorrow and regretting this post! God damn you hangxiety!!

New Orleans?! Amazing!!

I'm currently reflecting on how sometimes life tricks you into thinking you're and adult and then BAM you're at Paddington station hungover as shit, full of regret and eating an inordinate amount of things from Leon

7 hours ago, ShakeyCrash said:

I find a good cure for hangxiety is to drink until you forget about it. 

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

New Orleans?! Amazing!!

I'm currently reflecting on how sometimes life tricks you into thinking you're and adult and then BAM you're at Paddington station hungover as shit, full of regret and eating an inordinate amount of things from Leon

Yep.  Good news is I’ve made it to the airport. Ended up popping into a sports bar, watching some college basketball and picking up a dominos pizza having convinced myself that I had to sample one in the US.  Sober me wishes I was drunk me, but he’d never hold down a job.  Not too full of regrets, but this is largely down to the delete message function in WhatsApp and different time zones!  Feel for you on the Paddington thing.  Nothing worse than being hungover and in a busy place when all you want to do is cut yourself off from the world!

3 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

I find a good cure for hangxiety is to drink until you forget about it. 

Sampling that with a 8.30am pint. I hold you solely responsible for the rest of my day. 

3 hours ago, Sasperella said:

New Orleans?! Amazing!!

Hello Sasperella,

I used to get them there hangover thingies many years ago, as one would probably expect, given the shed loads that I used to drink. However, for the last 7 years or so, I've barely had a handful, in that time. What happened to me was that instead of drinking any type of alcohol that I could get my hands on, I switched to drinking gin and tonics only, nearly all of the time. I can honestly say that I have never had a single hangover in that time, no matter what volume of G & T's I've consumed. The handful of hangovers have been when I've had red or white wine, instead of G & T's. I think that the tonic and the ice must have a re-hydrating effect on the system. So, it's like a self curing drink. Well, it is for me anyway.

In other news, I started today's drinking 25 minutes ago, and have no intention of stopping until some point tomorrow morning - by which I mean about 4am or 5am, and even that might be a little bit over cautious. We've got a shed load of visitors coming over from Birmingham for a firework night that the local rugby club are putting on. I have also just secured a dope delivery too - something which I feel like I haven't had for far too long.

So, everything is finally in place for me to achieve almost biblical levels of spannered'ness. This is a good thing. Now all I have to do later (much later), is to remember to come back on here and make some posts, so that you are able to observe the wizardry of my abrupt mental decline. There's only one stumbling block to this, which is that my friends absolutely hate me being on here when they call over to see me. I must confess that I can hardly blame them really. The solution I guess is to perform some Black Ops Posting. Time will tell.

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

There's only one stumbling block to this, which is that my friends absolutely hate me being on here when they call over to see me. I must confess that I can hardly blame them really. The solution I guess is to perform some Black Ops Posting. Time will tell.

Maybe imagine what you'll be doing each hour for the next 12 hours, and post it here now?

Edited by carlosj

3 hours ago, Brock Landers said:

To make matters worse I went down the kids slide backwards in my girlfriends back garden last night so I appear to have done something bad to my neck. Life is good. 

I'm no expert on whiplash injuries, despite the rumours that you may have heard to the contrary. However, the solution to your current ailment would appear to me to be to use the healing forces held within your own Yin and yang. If you haven't had years of training in this area, as I have, then please let me help by offering you the 'considerable' benefit of my learnings. If you are willing to take that chance, to take that leap in to the unknown, then please do 'metaphysically' take my hand now, give in, and allow me to lead you by the hand to the solution, and away from the debilitating restrictions of self imposed exile within the boundaries of not only your mind, but that of mine.

So, what is the solution? What actions can 'we' now take to fully negate the actions that occurred last night.

Well, stick with holding my hand, and follow me back up that childrens slide. Are you there yet, are you there? If you are, then just fucking let go of my hand and go down on your front this time. This will then knock the knock that you did last night back in to it's original position, the one that you had, and were comfortable with, before you went down the slide backwards.

Now, i do hope that you all enjoyed this Ying and yang lesson. 

Hopefully later, I'll be able to help those who are struggling with Keynes's Law of Supply and Demand, and also that it will be inversionally proportional to the very bending edge, in terms of quantity alone, that a pet tortoise can shit a shit, within the space of a minute. Obviously this experiment would have to rely on those of you out there not cheating, by accelerating the process, by attaching the tortoise in question to a heavy duty compressed air unit, that was bought from Exchange and Mart by your dad, but has laid idle in his shed for at least the last seven years.

See you in a bit folks. Only you haven't actually seen me, right, because this is cutting edge black ops. 

Image result for are you my mommy +  design

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello carlosj,

Will have to come back to you in a bit, as I can no longer guarantee that the perimeter is secure.

We have a breach!! Send alpha team to dispatch them, implement operation Cheeky Girls....

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, morph100 said:

We have a breach!! Send alpha team to dispatch them, implement operation Cheeky Girls....

Do you know what? I have admired your input for many a year, but never did it once, in all that time, occur to me that you were a military man. I say 'military', but obviously mean that in the loosest of terms. With that in mind, I'll raise your Cheeky Girls, and see you a Black lace 'agadoo'. I am truly sorry for having had to do that, but I firmly believe that it was in the best interests of the country. 

3 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Eye up. I am here and that.

Oh man, you win.

You will understand that I am seriously disappointed, given the length and silent determination behind my post above. However, you have just fucking shown me my place using only four, well placed words. I hereby declare you not only the winner, but The Master. 

As an aside, the efficiency of your reply, reminds me of a question that I had heard of, way back in my youth. Now, the question and proper answer to it, may be a modern day myth. It may be, or it may actually be fact. Anyway, the story is that a question was asked in an entrance exam for either Oxford or Cambridge, which simply stated 'Is this a real question'? Apparently many (if not all) of the candidates responded by writing a response using reams of lined A4 paper. Later, after the exam had finished, it was discovered that the most efficient and correct answer to the question, was not to waste your time writing on reams and reams of A4 paper, but to simply just state 'Yes, but only if this is a real answer'. 

Well, fuck me, I can't actually keep away from this place. That said, this is not going to be a long one. Just wanted to say that previously, despite my valiant efforts, I have never been able to re-create the effect that e's had on me in the first few years that they started being available within this country. I'd just like to point out that that has just changed, and that finally I've been given a chance to re-experience that original e feeling all over again. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, upshitcreek said:

REM

Oh no! If i'm going to be truly honest, and I'm going to be, because I have no other option, then I have to admit that I really wasn't expecting my 'controller' to activate the trigger word, and that of the actions that must, by necessity, follow, if I am to do my duty to both myself, and that of the independent 'party' for who I represent. 

Had a few drinks, coronas, no much but can’t get my head round time differences. That what happens when a thread like this is started in NZ. Reading every post I find myself checking the country of origin. Then I look around the site and see someone gave me a down vote for making a joke about the death of meadowlark lemon who played basketball forty odd years ago and how without him the harlem globetrotters wouldn’t be the same. I compared it with queen without the great Freddie. What the fuck is wrong  about that? 

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Well, fuck me, I can't actually keep away from this place. That said, this is not going to be a long one. Just wanted to say that previously, despite my valiant efforts, I have never been able to re-create the effect that e's had on me in the first few years that they started being available within this country. I'd just like to point out that that has just changed, and that finally I've been given a chance to re-experience that original e feeling all over again. 

Splendid. Is this down to calibre of E, or other factors? 

I had a similar experience with shatter pens and thc fudge recently, recreating the first few years of getting high. It's given me a new lease and reinvigorated my love for the cannaboid family.

Similarly, GF2019 was the first time I'd sprinkled MD into a drink and had it (after years of struggling to swallow it in capsules or rizlas) and deary me... hit me like a fooking steam train.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Oh no! If i'm going to be truly honest, and I'm going to be, because I have no other option, then I have to admit that I really wasn't expecting my 'controller' to activate the trigger word, and that of the actions that must, by necessity, follow, if I am to do my duty to both myself, and that of the independent 'party' for who I represent. 

Is it possible to be in a nonchalant state of bewilderment?