Thread for the drunkards

Bryanrebe

I've noticed a few people who drink then post. Thought I'd start a thread for drunken thoughts on Glastonbury. Alcohol of choice must be mentioned in the post. I'll start...

I've had some rosé and a couple of glasses of local pinot noir on this fine Thirsty Thursday.

Drunk thoughts on Glastonbury = will I get (biodegradable) glitter in my eye if I put it on my face? If so, how much will it hurt?

Sorry if this is a shit thread idea. What can I say, I'm drunk!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

its 9am and I feel the need to go and have a drink to post on this thread ? My only Glastonbury drunk thoughts are how can I position myself within a decent distance from the toilet and still get a view of the stage ... and yes I know I should drink spirits in run up to some acts but this never seems to happen 

4 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

I've just realised your location, I thought we needed to have an intervention at 8:50am on a Thursday morning. 

Yeah, I feel like I'll wake up to the drunk posts in 8-9 hours or so. Something interesting to read on the morning commute!

15 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ive only posted once drunk .... I woke up in the morning and my post actually made sense with no sod it they will understand spelling errors either ...I was impressed with myself that morning :) 

Happens now and then for me however the Brits night this year I was hammered and I was constantly on here. Think I said a lot of shite that night! 

1 minute ago, Doug85 said:

Happens now and then for me however the Brits night this year I was hammered and I was constantly on here. Think I said a lot of shite that night! 

Thats a decent night for having a drink though even if you are teetotal :) drunken efesters up and down the uk .... dont know if we export this rubbish these days :) 

1 minute ago, MetaKate said:

I think we should open this thread up to all forms of inebriation. Checking in from Canada where even with legal edibles I'm still awake past 2am. 

I know what you're thinking, but don't worry, I still support my local dealer. 

Sadly not legal in NZ, but happy to hear your inebriated thoughts!

27 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

I've noticed a few people who drink then post. Thought I'd start a thread for drunken thoughts on Glastonbury. Alcohol of choice must be mentioned in the post. I'll start...

I've had some rosé and a couple of glasses of local pinot noir on this fine Thirsty Thursday.

Drunk thoughts on Glastonbury = will I get (biodegradable) glitter in my eye if I put it on my face? If so, how much will it hurt?

Sorry if this is a shit thread idea. What can I say, I'm drunk!

I had my face covered in "biodegradable" glitter at a small on August bank holiday.  I finally removed a chunk from my eye last week.  It hadn't degraded in my biosphere at all.

55 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

Sadly not legal in NZ, but happy to hear your inebriated thoughts!

NZ, imagine my horror, a Scot, visiting his newly emigrated daughter in Auckland, and finding out that she’d moved to a newly built area on the outskirts that was dry, no pubs.  I understand a micro brewery has just opened that allows it to have a bar so our next visit will be less traumatic!  

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

its 9am and I feel the need to go and have a drink to post on this thread ? My only Glastonbury drunk thoughts are how can I position myself within a decent distance from the toilet and still get a view of the stage ... and yes I know I should drink spirits in run up to some acts but this never seems to happen 

So that explains why, at the pilton party, your flashing hat was visible situated exactly half way between the stage and the long drops in the trees! 

1 hour ago, Bryanrebe said:

Great idea! I'm meeting an old friend for a drink later. If I'm sober enough to remember this thread I'll post, but maybe that defeats the object...let's see!

Oh and no...biodegradable glitter does not hurt in your eye. Unless you blow an excessive amount in like my friends did to each other one year when they were drunk, and even then there eyes didn't fall out or anything). 

Go get glittery 

21 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

NZ, imagine my horror, a Scot, visiting his newly emigrated daughter in Auckland, and finding out that she’d moved to a newly built area on the outskirts that was dry, no pubs.  I understand a micro brewery has just opened that allows it to have a bar so our next visit will be less traumatic!  

Oh no... I had no idea we had dry spots. Sorry on behalf of our country that you had to experience that!

Edited by Bryanrebe
I'm drunk (duh!)