Colours of Ostrava 2020

2 hours ago, mln said:

I think this line-up definietly lacks such alternative names, especially the ones with new albums. FKA twigs or Kiwanuka would be some valuable additions. That said, I really doubt it will happen ;)

Kiwanuka has a solo show in Prague, so he's out. FKA Twigs would be awesome, but she might be out of reach budget-wise. It seems she headlines Pohoda, she's above Stormzy, Libertines, etc. on the lineup page

• 3 weeks later...

They've just released the first poster with day splits and it looks just terrible. LP as a headliner? Dubioza Kolektiv, Meduza or Tones and I as a second line? And they start selling day tickets very early this year. Does it mean the sale is not going very well?

86695001_10158071522209901_9995910261107

5 minutes ago, mln said:

They've just released the first poster with day splits and it looks just terrible. LP as a headliner? Dubioza Kolektiv, Meduza or Tones and I as a second line? And they start selling day tickets very early this year. Does it mean the sale is not going very well?

86695001_10158071522209901_9995910261107

I think they gave a sh*tload  of money for these three big headliners (each one of them is headlining bigger fests than Colours) and there is no budget for good undercards and quality middle-names. Its always struggle to balance heads and undercards.

1 minute ago, lukatej said:

I think they gave a sh*tload  of money for these three big headliners (each one of them is headlining bigger fests than Colours) and there is no budget for good undercards and quality middle-names. Its always struggle to balance heads and undercards.

Yeah, you're definietly right, but as a result the line-up looks really pathetic. And this festival was always famous for the smaller names.

I think that daily split poster is not even near full lineup, just day split with confirmed artist at this point (which makes me think why would they do that as well?)

Check out this poster, looks like there is one more headliner to come and LP is on the second line with Lumineers, Sigrid .. 

Image may contain: text

if they will not be able to score another headliner, LP will be the biggest name for that day, it happens often on smaller budget festival like exit, colours, electric castle. they have to settle for whatever they get sometimes. 

they might charge a smaller price for that day as a result. 

6 minutes ago, activean said:

I think that daily split poster is not even near full lineup, just day split with confirmed artist at this point (which makes me think why would they do that as well?)

Check out this poster, looks like there is one more headliner to come and LP is on the second line with Lumineers, Sigrid .. 

Image may contain: text

They've just confirmed on Facebook that these are all big names for this year.

4 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

if they will not be able to score another headliner, LP will be the biggest name for that day, it happens often on smaller budget festival like exit, colours, electric castle. they have to settle for whatever they get sometimes. 

they might charge a smaller price for that day as a result. 

The funny thing is that all days will have the same price. I wouldn't even mind LP as a headliner as long as this day had some decent undercard.

1 hour ago, Newjem said:

She's really popular over here. Her announcement even got more likes than The Killers and Martin Garrix.

Sure, I can understand they had to go with one smaller headliner and they chose her because she's locally popular. The real problem is this terrible, unambitious undercard. Just look at any ranking with the best album of 2019 and you won't find a single name that is on Colours' line up (e.g. Thom Yorke, Big Thief, FKA Twigs, Foals, Brittany Howard, Angel Olsen, Kiwanuka, Vampire Weekend, Fontaines D.C. or Chemical Brothers). You'd expect more from the festival famous for their great undercard.

Edited by mln

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, mln said:

@Ferda @Newjem @lukatej Did any of you watch the yesterday's livestream of Czech festival organizers? Did they say anything about this year's edition of Colours?

Also, when can we expect the cancellation announcement?

Yes, we can expect it on May 1st, when government lockdown is suppose to end and CoO will give an announcement.

Everybody is expecting that they wont allow mass gathering anyway, but they just give it a time and a little bit of hope.

They also said that they hope that fans wont ask for refunds as festivals dont have the money.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Killers re-confirmed today. All remaining headliners except for Lumineers confirmed already. Given Lumineers' InMusic confirmation, 2021 seems to be a copy of 2020, so no surprises there

image.thumb.png.b7ecdc504bdd30db0639fbab5411bfbd.png

Edited by Ferda

2 hours ago, neacaisa said:

21 pilots already confirmed for electric castle, so 99% they will be back. 

21P are already confirmed, alongside The Killers and Martin Garix. The Lumineers are the only one not announced yet, as per my post, but are very likely because of InMusic confirmation. Many of the undercards reconfirmed too.

Yeah you're right, my bad. So many reconfirmations floating around and I was under impression they're confirmed already.
Their website is not helping either, mixing 2020 with 2021 🙂 

Anyway, I guess it's safe to assume they will be confirmed soon given Electric Castle, Opener, etc.

On 6/12/2020 at 10:05 AM, Ferda said:

21P are already confirmed, alongside The Killers and Martin Garix. The Lumineers are the only one not announced yet, as per my post, but are very likely because of InMusic confirmation. Many of the undercards reconfirmed too.

The Lumineers confirmed.

On 6/18/2020 at 11:33 AM, Ferda said:

Yeah, it seems to be copy & paste. Not super inspiring lineup for me personally but apparently it sells well so it's logical to keep it...

It would be illogical to not keep the lineup and pay the cancellation fees to the bands than to do this.

There are some festivals which have really terrible lineup and they have to keep it terrible for 2021 because of the cancellation fees.

Strange :)