Colours of Ostrava 2020

1 minute ago, Ikindalikemusiclikealot said:

The Lumineers. Not bad, not unhappy with that, are we expecting them as headliner or as sub?

I guess they are headliners.

For me, the announcements so far are very disappointing. Very weak start. Hopefully, they will come with something better.

According to the pattern on the website, Twenty One Pilots, The Lumineers and Sigrid are the first line of the festival so far. It wouldn't surprise me if they make Sigrid a co-headliner. Where are Foals, Pixies, Iggy Pop and other great names we predicted? ;) Aww, lost my enthusiasm for that.

16 minutes ago, mln said:

According to the pattern on the website, Twenty One Pilots, The Lumineers and Sigrid are the first line of the festival so far. It wouldn't surprise me if they make Sigrid a co-headliner. Where are Foals, Pixies, Iggy Pop and other great names we predicted? ;) Aww, lost my enthusiasm for that.

Maybe, but if you go to the artists page Twenty One Pilots stands separate from the rest.

38 minutes ago, Ikindalikemusiclikealot said:

Maybe, but if you go to the artists page Twenty One Pilots stands separate from the rest.

yeah, you're right, but I think it may be like last year: The Cure and Florence were separate from the rest, but still Years&Years and Rag'n'Bone Man headlined two different days.

6 hours ago, mln said:

yeah, you're right, but I think it may be like last year: The Cure and Florence were separate from the rest, but still Years&Years and Rag'n'Bone Man headlined two different days.

I expect The Lumineers to be placed similarly as Years/RnB Man last year = headliner of a weaker day. The response on their FB is pretty positive, so it wouldn't surprise me. I find them boring, hope for something more interesting.

Keeping fingers crossed for the Killers ?

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, lukatej said:

According to my sources near festival production, there should be Billie Eilish announced as next (or last) headliner 16/7

I think lot of "Boomers" would be pretty angry, as 21P and Billie Eilish fans are mostly very young people.

I'm not really a fan, but that would be quite a huge booking for Colours. However, between 13th and 19th July, 16th is her only free day. That would be quite a marathon to play so many days without any break.

Any other rumours? :) Something for the 'boomers'?

27 minutes ago, lukatej said:

According to my sources near festival production, there should be Billie Eilish announced as next (or last) headliner 16/7

I think lot of "Boomers" would be pretty angry, as 21P and Billie Eilish fans are mostly very young people.

Interesting. It would be quite a feat but rather risky for the festival in the long run imho. It was always positioned similarly to Primavera, this step would move it very much in a mainstream direction similar to Sziget/Opener. 21P reception wasn't stellar, Billie is even more teen oriented... Also, 16/7 means her playing 7 days straight, she did this just once during her whole career. Last but not least, announcing her such late means they had a headliner dropout, doesn't make sense to hold her back until now. I am still hoping for the Killers.

Anyway, I guess we know more soon 🙂

4 minutes ago, Ferda said:

Interesting. It would be quite a feat but rather risky for the festival in the long run imho. It was always positioned similarly to Primavera, this step would move it very much in a mainstream direction similar to Sziget/Opener. 21P reception wasn't stellar, Billie is even more teen oriented... Also, 16/7 means her playing 7 days straight, she did this just once during her whole career. Last but not least, announcing her such late means they had a headliner dropout, doesn't make sense to hold her back until now. I am still hoping for the Killers.

Anyway, I guess we know more soon 🙂

To be fair, 2018's set of headliners wasn't very alternative as well... Kygo, N.E.R.D., Jessie J, all very mainstream names. I think if CoO had a chance to book Billie, they wouldn't be looking at potential disappointment from the 'old' audience. It's a huge name now and would probably sold out a day. Also, she's not playing in Poland this year, which would bring additional people to Ostrava.

However, two of your other points (waiting so long and playing 7 days straight) make me think she won't be there.

9 minutes ago, mln said:

However, two of your other points (waiting so long and playing 7 days straight) make me think she won't be there.

Yeah, its just a thing which I've heard, don't take it serious till the announcement.

These seven days make it less probable, yet still probable.

I'm already looking forward to the people's comments if she will get announced :) 

14 minutes ago, lukatej said:

Yeah, its just a thing which I've heard, don't take it serious till the announcement.

These seven days make it less probable, yet still probable.

I'm already looking forward to the people's comments if she will get announced :) 

Yeah, reading the comments would be priceless. Also, seeing the old time fans who attend the world music stage reacting to Billie's fans at the festival and vice versa would be hilarious 🙂

Don't get me wrong, I agree it's technically possible and I can imagine Colours booking her if they have a chance. She's a huge name.  

27 minutes ago, mln said:

To be fair, 2018's set of headliners wasn't very alternative as well... Kygo, N.E.R.D., Jessie J, all very mainstream names. I think if CoO had a chance to book Billie, they wouldn't be looking at potential disappointment from the 'old' audience. It's a huge name now and would probably sold out a day. Also, she's not playing in Poland this year, which would bring additional people to Ostrava.

Afaik, 2018 was a disappointment hence the more balanced line-up last year. Afaik, they went for a few names which ended up at Aerodrome 2018 so they had to book Kygo & NERD instead. Anyway, we should know soon.

2 minutes ago, Ferda said:

Afaik, 2018 was a disappointment hence the more balanced line-up last year. Afaik, they went for a few names which ended up at Aerodrome 2018 so they had to book Kygo & NERD instead. Anyway, we should know soon.

Oh, that's interesting. To be fair, that line up looked like something went wrong.

Still hoping one of the headliners will be more alternative/classic, like The Killers, Iggy Pop, or Foals.

• Like 1