Colours of Ostrava 2020

11 minutes ago, Ikindalikemusiclikealot said:

I've taken a punt and got my ticket for Colours 2020 because I like the look of the venue. Who do we think/want is going to play this year? 

Good choice! The venue and the atmosphere are pretty unique.

It's hard to predict anything though. Their line-ups are quite unbalanced, sometimes they have very strong headliners (The Cure, Florence) with weak undercard, sometimes it's the other way round.

Last month, I PMed them about first announcements, and they replied that they'd start in November. Looking at other festivals line-ups and what's in the reach of CoO, I'd like to see Foals and Pixies as headliners.

Edited by mln

1 hour ago, Ikindalikemusiclikealot said:

I've taken a punt and got my ticket for Colours 2020 because I like the look of the venue. Who do we think/want is going to play this year? 

This is my guess:

Lana Del Rey or Dua Lipa

Arcade Fire

Pixies

and just like this year a combination of weak headliner and popular czech band

2 hours ago, Newjem said:

This is my guess:

Lana Del Rey or Dua Lipa

Arcade Fire

Pixies

and just like this year a combination of weak headliner and popular czech band

Are there any rumors about AF touring next year?

How about RHCP? Just announced their first festival for the next summer, a couple of days before CoO.

1 hour ago, mln said:

Are there any rumors about AF touring next year?

I think they are rumoured for All Points East in London. There are a few festivals in July they've never played and are a perfect fit I think (Lolla Paris, Gurtenfestival, Electric Castle, Positivus,...). But otherwise nothing specific.

2 hours ago, mln said:

How about RHCP? Just announced their first festival for the next summer, a couple of days before CoO.

Actually it's not a couple of days, it's more than a month before so I believe they will play mostly at festivals in June/early July.

2 minutes ago, Newjem said:

I think they are rumoured for All Points East in London. There are a few festivals in July they've never played and are a perfect fit I think (Lolla Paris, Gurtenfestival, Electric Castle, Positivus,...). But otherwise nothing specific.

Actually it's not a couple of days, it's more than a month before so I believe they will play mostly at festivals in June/early July.

Oh shit, you're right, thought Firenze is in July. My bad!

12 hours ago, Ikindalikemusiclikealot said:

How about:

Lana Del Rey

The National

Pixies

LP

With Wolf Parade on the under card?

I do not think that National will be on tour next summer, they are on tour  three years now amd they were in Europe fest in 2018 and 2019. Pixies are possible but they have date in Spain and then in Ireland this week un July.

Lana nad LP (again!) are good guess...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ferda said:

I guess we will have an announcement very soon, next week I assume. 

Booking goes well afaik, will be a good year

So, probably they want to have enough names booked to announce them day by day (or a little less frequently). Really hoping for Foals or Iggy Pop, their schedule so far makes it quite likely.

Edited by mln
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mln said:

So, probably they want to have enough names booked to announce them day by day (or a little less frequently). Really hoping for Foals, their schedule so far makes it quite likely.

Foals would be awesome! They would definitely fit in.

Re announcement - I am a bit puzzled that they stopped posting the line-up alphabet guesses on FB. This may actually push the announcement a bit, as they have potentially 2 posts to go. Will see, but I am betting on announcement next week ? 

6 minutes ago, Ferda said:

Foals would be awesome! They would definitely fit in.

Re announcement - I am a bit puzzled that they stopped posting the line-up alphabet guesses on FB. This may actually push the announcement a bit, as they have potentially 2 posts to go. Will see, but I am betting on announcement next week ? 

Yeah, that's true. However, last year, they announced The Cure and Florence and several other acts in between the alphabet guesses.

Any leaks or hints regarding the line-up?

Edited by mln

1 hour ago, mln said:

@Newjem As a local, do you know why does it take them so long to announce first acts this year? Are there any organizational issues?

Don't panic. They are not that much late. First announcents over the past 5 years:
2019: 18/10
2018: 16/11
2017: 7/11
2016: 23/11
2015: 20/11

3 minutes ago, mln said:

Any leaks or hints regarding the line-up?

Look at the FIB Benicassim line-up. There are a few bands which would fit - Khalid, The Kooks, Basement Jaxx, Vampire Weekend, Rita Ora, Crystal Castles, Foals, The Lumineers,...

Also London Grammar were announced for Mad Cool and they cancelled 2 years ago so 99% playing.

4 minutes ago, Newjem said:

Look at the FIB Benicassim line-up. There are a few bands which would fit - Khalid, The Kooks, Basement Jaxx, Vampire Weekend, Rita Ora, Crystal Castles, Foals, The Lumineers,...

Also London Grammar were announced for Mad Cool and they cancelled 2 years ago so 99% playing.

That would be quite logical that Colours' line-up overlap with that of FIB, but if you look at recent years... Not very much in common tbf.

2 minutes ago, mln said:

That would be quite logical that Colours' line-up overlap with that of FIB, but if you look at recent years... Not very much in common tbf.

Yeah, you're right but FIB's line-ups have quite changed over the years. The ones I listed fit exactly the target audience so I would be surprised if none of them were booked.

4 minutes ago, Newjem said:

Yeah, you're right but FIB's line-ups have quite changed over the years. The ones I listed fit exactly the target audience so I would be surprised if none of them were booked.

That's true, and also Colours' line-ups have changed over the last 2-3 years, if you look at such names as Jessie J, Kygo, or Years & Years.

Hopefully, they will break this silence next week. Do you remember if they've ever announce several artists at once? Or do they always go with one name for each day?

17 minutes ago, mln said:

That's true, and also Colours' line-ups have changed over the last 2-3 years, if you look at such names as Jessie J, Kygo, or Years & Years.

Hopefully, they will break this silence next week. Do you remember if they've ever announce several artists at once? Or do they always go with one name for each day?

Most of the main bands are announced when they are confirmed (so one band a day). Sometimes we can get a several bands a week, sometimes there's a silence for a week or two. The artists for smaller stages (Drive, Fresh, Electro, Full Moon,...) and CZ & SK bands are usually announced at once.

Edited by Newjem

Some names from Benicassim wouldn't surprise me, but the distance is the key reason for a very small overlap. It's ~24hrs by car, much more for a truck so it basically rules out artists with own big production. It's doable but it's quite a stretch, to make both festivals you need to fly.  I would look at 2nd/3rd row of FIB rather than headliners.

Edited by Ferda