Why don’t acts play Glastonbury

O'Doyle Rules

I bloody love Behemoth, they’d be great. Borderline accessible, too. I’d love to see Amon Amarth, Gloryhammer and Sabaton - someone fun, and with a big massive onstage visual presence so people who give it a bash can at least say it was a hell of a spectacle. Gojira were fucking brilliant this year 

I think some acts become too big to headline the Other stage but not mainstream successful enough/in line with previous line-ups to headline the Pyramid. You could argue that Green Day fit into that category, though I think they'd be a good/popular headliner. Rage and Pearl Jam too.  Apart from Metallica they haven't really had any headliners that fit into those vague areas.

Fest went from crusty》indie》mega huge 》middle class dullard's idea of fun in the space of 25 years. Oh we're gonna move up the road to Longleat. Oh here's our book. 

Whod want to play this now? It's the fest equivalent of Facebook.

/donthaveaticket

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Fest went from crusty》indie》mega huge 》middle class dullard's idea of fun in the space of 25 years. Oh we're gonna move up the road to Longleat. Oh here's our book. 

/donthaveaticket

:D

12 hours ago, Wooderson said:

/donthaveaticket

Hey, 25 years ago I was a child reading about glasto in my big sister's NME & thinking it looked amazing. 15 years ago I started going to the festival. I've been a middle class dullard that whole time, so I don't think that's what's changed!

14 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

How do you play Glastonbury?

In Glastonbury, the players are witches and wizards who shop for ingredients for their magic potions. Your token moves around the perimeter of an array of ingredient cards, and you pick one from the row or column where you stop. The number on the card you pick dictates how many spaces you move on your next turn.

To score points, you need to collect sets of four matching ingredients; if you have only one of a particular ingredient, you'll score penalty points instead. The scoring rules can be made more complicated if the players desire, but for most the basic rules are satisfying. A touch of memory is involved since you can see only the most recently chosen ingredient on your stack of cards.

Glastonbury is a new edition of the 2001 release Kupferkessel Co.with slight changes to the game. Now the game can be played by up to four players instead of being strictly a two-player game. The game includes additional ingredient cards and new spell cards that allow special actions.

96C24723-D4B2-4E74-9AB2-72BFAFAE482D.jpeg

Edited by henry bear