2020 Early Bird Tickets on sale 20th November

dondo

6 hours ago, windy_miller said:

Is there anything special about "Tier 1" tickets, or have they just re-badged the Early Bird tickets?

On the WOMAD FB page someone asked that question and was told that they were basically that

I also had it confirmed that payment plans are available too

• 2 weeks later...

There are three tiers of early bird ticket, all explained on the Tickets site which opened this morning.  Tier one is the cheapest at £190 for a 4 day ticket (or £155 for 3 day ticket, I think).  The other two tiers will be introduced in early 2020.
Get you early bird, Tier 1 tickets here.

Edited by BobGSA

• 2 months later...

Finally decided to attend 2020 as the kids really wanted to go. That’s my third summer festival when I’d only planned to do two. 

Annoyingly I went to buy the tickets expecting that was possible within the new tier but nope, I have to wait until the next lot are out on Feb 26th. 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

yup ... the first acts will be announced then too.

It was really sweet.... I told my daughter I wouldn’t be able to take her and her friend this year and she asked so nicely I had to change my mind.

She said last years WOMAD was the highlight of their summer and they’d been planning and looking forward to it since the last one. ❤️

• 1 month later...

Line up announcement tomorrow which am looking forward too.

Given all the talk about the visas etc. that will be needed for musicians/performers coming into the UK from 2021 it does make me worry about the future of the festival.  Which is a real real shame as it's a truly fantastic festival.

7 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

E0F202DA-07EC-4E53-A841-724D4A69C6FD.thumb.jpeg.d36e0512ca797414d53ff806998beee3.jpegD94DC755-6665-41BC-833B-BB9F32210497.thumb.jpeg.6048ed07ec3c6acd2b9ce24dfa2587f5.jpeg

Cheers for posting.

As I said above, looking forward to Flaming Lips.  Kate Tempest I'm not a fan of but looking forward to the Selecter and A Certain Ratio.  As is usual there is lots I haven't heard of (and what is great about WOMAD) so will be doing some exploring/listening to see what catches my eye/ear.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

as a big an of Talking Heads I'm not sure what to think about Kido covering 'Remain In Light'. I really want it to be excellent, but I've heard a few bands do it now and they've all disappointed.

Let's face it.....You'll hate it. 🙄

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

and I don't hate it. :) 

It's different enough that it doesn't feel like a poor imitation, while still keeping the essential essence of it.

I watched the version of Once in a Lifetime on the WOMAD website and enjoyed it too.