Park Stage 2020

MassiveGypsum

Saw that the go team are recording a sixth album and nearly done. If they’re touring it then I’d love to see them blasting out their happy triumphant melodies in a sunny early afternoon hangover destroyer of a park set.

Edited by mattiloy
Sixth

1 minute ago, Guy Incognito said:

Am I the only one who thinks that RTJ have sort of gone off the boil recently? In my opinion, every RTJ album has been worse than the that came before it and some of the recent features haven't been great at all. 

Completely disagree, I think RTJ2 is their best work by far. RTJ3 & RTJ1 are both really really solid albums as well for me. They haven’t released anything for a couple of years now though so dunno how you can say they’ve gone off the boil recently, believe they’re in the studio writing RTJ4 at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Guy Incognito said:

Am I the only one who thinks that RTJ have sort of gone off the boil recently? In my opinion, every RTJ album has been worse than the that came before it and some of the recent features haven't been great at all. 

They haven't released an album in 3 years to be fair, they were massive around that time though. They'll blow up again.

Wasn't 2 widely considered better than the first one? Personally I don't think 3 was any worse than 1 either.

Loved them on 3Tearz as well, hard for anyone to mess up on that beat for me though.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

Completely disagree, I think RTJ2 is their best work by far. RTJ3 & RTJ1 are both really really solid albums as well for me. They haven’t released anything for a couple of years now though so dunno how you can say they’ve gone off the boil recently, believe they’re in the studio writing RTJ4 at the moment. 

some great points here ahahah.

1 hour ago, Guy Incognito said:

I personally think each album was better than the last, but that could be due to the timing of me getting into them. I definitely think the 3rd is the best produced and has the best beats. 

3 hours ago, MassiveGypsum said:

Intrigued by all the mentions of Sufjan - is there reason to believe he’ll be touring in 2020? Or is it just wishful thinking?

100% won't happen, but the intimacy of The Park would suit him unbelievably well, whole field in tears as he smashes through his set, finishing with all 25 minutes of Impossible Soul