EXIT Festival 2020 - 20th Anniversary

hostmat

1 hour ago, activean said:

So basically same as last couple of years except less hip hop and without very few rock decent names 😆

Seriously it looks like the only big (still 20-30k?) festival event going on this year. 

Basically it's going to be like Lovefest, another Serbian festival

Lovefest 2017 od 03. do 05. avgusta - www.MojaSrbija.rs

Actually not, there will be live acts for sure, still have no idea how big. Also, Exit organizers announced few smaller stages in addition (it might be Latino, Drum n Bass, Reggae, Silent Disco etc.) I suppose we just need to wait for a while to see a whole list of stages.

And the capacity is significantly bigger than Lovefest, as well as electronic acts on Dance Arena.

• 2 weeks later...

Well no chance that some bigger bands and huge productions will be touring in August, so the majority acts on the Main stage will be electronic with some regional bands and drum n bass performers. It was defo to be expected.
Dance Arena is impressive as always, and more acts will be announced.

Many smaller stages have been added to the festival:
Reggae, Beats & Bass, Trance, X Bass pit, AS stage, Silent Disco, Urban Bug, Latino, Pacha Mama and After party Bastion stage.

I don't really see the point of organizing event like this anymore,  too risky and so many complications .. worst case scenario, this could become state scandal, like that tennis tournament with Đoković. Not worth it. 

Getting worried even about 2021 festival season .. 

• Upvote 3

Really zero chance of this happening, it was obvious from the start its not gonna happen. I guess they used it as good PR, some news of hope, to get people talking about the brand....but in reality, this is not happening.

They just aint gonna go from 200 people to 25,000 people in 6 weeks...

• Upvote 4

On 6/25/2020 at 7:12 PM, activean said:

I don't really see the point of organizing event like this anymore,  too risky and so many complications .. worst case scenario, this could become state scandal, like that tennis tournament with Đoković. Not worth it. 

Getting worried even about 2021 festival season .. 

i think we will have events for sure in 2021, just not major festivals, but events that will employ heavy social distancing measures. there won't be everyone's cup of tea, but the whole industry needs this.

major summer festivals are highly unlikely to happen in the foreseeable future in my opinion 

They should have canceled in the first place, this is all just tragedy now, it turned into political fight. 

of course they are supported from government and probably some tenders and sponsors, so that 's why all the desire not to cancel and give up everything. 

Shame that once such a great festival with good lineups has turned into festival with David Guetta as main name .. 

• Upvote 1

I think the problem is that some people still believe its that old Exit, with good bands, that started as a positive revolution for a brighter future in Serbia some 20 years ago. But honestly for the past 6-7 years its just an awful line up, very trendy and very uninspiring, and backed heavily from government and main political party in Serbia. Their PR is also pretty bad for the past few years, just constantly talking about themselves, historic this historic that, festival awards, the best event in the history of all events, but underneath it all - its just a shadow of an event that it used to be.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi all! 

I'm planning to attend this festival with my friends (a group of of 10-20) if it really goes ahead. We're from Hungary so I'm sure that all of us will get our vaccines by July. 

A few questions for the experienced exit visitors:

Is the camping worth it or should we look for other accomondation options? 

If we arrive with cars, can we leave them somewhere safe near the camping or the festival? 

Is it a techno/house oriented event or can we expect some drum&bass, goa performers in addition to the lineup? 

Thank you if you take your time to answer! 

14 hours ago, glavakpeti said:

Hi all! 

I'm planning to attend this festival with my friends (a group of of 10-20) if it really goes ahead. We're from Hungary so I'm sure that all of us will get our vaccines by July. 

A few questions for the experienced exit visitors:

Is the camping worth it or should we look for other accomondation options? 

If we arrive with cars, can we leave them somewhere safe near the camping or the festival? 

Is it a techno/house oriented event or can we expect some drum&bass, goa performers in addition to the lineup? 

Thank you if you take your time to answer! 

Camping is great, the best I saw among festivals in Europe (Sziget, Werchter, Inmusic, Rock im Park, Novarock). It's on the Danube beach in a quiet part and the vibe is great, there's a kinda unwritten rule about not making noise between 10am and 3pm for the people partying whole night which I fucking love 😄 

Expect some bigger drum&bass and goa DJs for the late night stuff on the bigger stages (2-6am) and two whole stages for the Balkan guys. 

• Like 1