EXIT Festival 2020 - 20th Anniversary

hostmat

1 hour ago, Gooky said:

There is rumour that Exit are trying to book Pearl Jam and they are now waiting for band`s answer. 

A lot of people from this forum said that Prophets of Rage were to play Exit (and Open'er, Graspop and several others which I forgot) before RATM thing happened. They badly need some rock name

Just last year they had The Cure, Greta Van Fleet and Phil Anselmo doing Pantera (for the first time anyone from Pantera came to Serbia) on mainstage. This year so far literally nobody 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes, heard from friends from back home that it will take place mid August, with only regional bands, cheap ticket etc. I guess the festival is very close to government & politics, and is funded heavily from City & National Government, so they need to keep it alive and do it no matter what. 

52 minutes ago, activean said:

Looks like rumors were true, there is an official statement on FB page. 

They do say they'll offer people to move their tickets to either 2021, that thing in august (or whenever) or to request a refund. At least something

Edited by Nicklord

Sounds stupid to me. No way can you hold a festival and keep everyone 2m apart. The smaller event in august will most likely be cancelled as well, it’s just putting off the inevitable.

Holding any mass gatherings this year is far far too risky and could have catastrophic repercussions until the situation stabilises.

6 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Sounds stupid to me. No way can you hold a festival and keep everyone 2m apart. The smaller event in august will most likely be cancelled as well, it’s just putting off the inevitable.

Holding any mass gatherings this year is far far too risky and could have catastrophic repercussions until the situation stabilises.

It is stupid but welcome to the Serbian government :D Exit and Arsenal basically begged the government to cancel them a few weeks ago

Interesting, just saw that news. Does that mean 20-25,000 people in one place, without social distancing?

Hm, guess they will be winners of the summer then, cause they didnt cancel, and they went ahead. Cause 80% of EU festivals could have taken place then, fit into the capacity etc.

Line up will be the problem of course, it should be mostly local bands i guess.

54 minutes ago, Andrej said:

Interesting, just saw that news. Does that mean 20-25,000 people in one place, without social distancing?

Hm, guess they will be winners of the summer then, cause they didnt cancel, and they went ahead. Cause 80% of EU festivals could have taken place then, fit into the capacity etc.

Line up will be the problem of course, it should be mostly local bands i guess.

I think we're open (or going to be very soon) for every country. I guess the government went "fuck the people and a virus, let's try to make some tourism money" :D

2 hours ago, everest said:

tickets 60€ for ex-yu visitors 🤔 

for that price, it looks like there will be some EDM acts because they can't ask that price only for regional bands

The price is the same as before. Maybe they can't change it? Strange, we'll see tomorrow what their plans are

I would say regional acts + international DJs. DJs / EDM acts dont rely on regular touring as rock bands. DJs do one offs, fly in and fly out etc. So if a DJ is based in Berlin, Paris, Istanbul or London, he can easily do a show in Serbia mid August i think. He or she comes, with a USB stick in the pocket and a laptop, and the show can take place.

On 5/29/2020 at 4:35 PM, Nicklord said:

Capacity in half. They said they'll have only the main stages and won't organize the small stuff

I guess only regional acts and DJs :D They said they'll announce everything on monday

Dance Arena will have impressive line up as always, No Sleep stage too.
There will be few more smaller stages and possibly the Main stage as well (currently in reconsideration)
So in total, international DJs, possibly big international EDM acts and regional bands.

Looks fair :)

1 hour ago, hostmat said:

Dance Arena will have impressive line up as always, No Sleep stage too.
There will be few more smaller stages and possibly the Main stage as well (currently in reconsideration)
So in total, international DJs, possibly big international EDM acts and regional bands.

Looks fair :)

So basically same as last couple of years except less hip hop and without very few rock decent names 😆

Seriously it looks like the only big (still 20-30k?) festival event going on this year. 

Edited by activean

Yes, I would say so. Bigger rock bands and Hip Hop / Trap acts from US with bigger production stopped their tours due to Covid19, so it makes sense.
So far it is the only one major festival, but if the situation in general becomes better, maybe some other festivals will decide to go ahead too.