EXIT Festival 2020 - 20th Anniversary

hostmat

2 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

There aren't crush points cause nobody is really moshing/jumping and goes in or out. It's a rave stage :D Basically it's getting filled from midnight till 2am then slowly emptying from 6am

Health and safety isn't determined by the dancing style of the individual. 

If all of a sudden the stage collapsed, or if there was a firework set off, or if someone thought there was a bomb people would stampede. Having seen that photo i wouldn't really feel comfortable with that amount of people packed in surrounded by raised stone walls. 

3 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

If all of a sudden the stage collapsed, or if there was a firework set off, or if someone thought there was a bomb people would stampede. Having seen that photo i wouldn't really feel comfortable with that amount of people packed in surrounded by raised stone walls. 

There are 4 evacuation passages, and the number of the people is limited so once the Dance Arena is fully packed, it is closed for additional audience.
Your fear applies to each festival venue which is not just simple field, so you can easily take down the barriers.

From the other side, the experience and unique venue which Fortress gives makes Exit Festival one of the most beautiful festivals all over the world.

22 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

People here would go in one of the 2 main directions from the stage and it's not that many people to begin with there. It could be evacuated in minutes I'm sure

Roskilde 2000 happened in an open field. Having a field isn't really a guarantee of anything. Stadiums shows would be banned then too. Clubs with like 2 doors to enter and exit etc 

If a stampede breaks out it doesn't matter where it is

Edited by Nicklord

5 minutes ago, hostmat said:

There are 4 evacuation passages, and the number of the people is limited so once the Dance Arena is fully packed, it is closed for additional audience.
Your fear applies to each festival venue which is not just simple field, so you can easily take down the barriers.

From the other side, the experience and unique venue which Fortress gives makes Exit Festival one of the most beautiful festivals all over the world.

From looking at the first photo in the seated/VIP area? That looks like a nightmare to get out of should something happen. There is a tunnel that is literally shaped like a bottleneck. 

That's not even talking about the main dance area itself. It's way too crowded at the time the photo was taken.

Nobody doubts that it's not a beautiful area but i'm sure if this was in Ireland/UK there would be additional H&S applied. 

3 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

People here would go in one of the 2 main directions from the stage and it's not that many people to begin with there. It could be evacuated in minutes I'm sure

Roskilde 2000 happened in an open field. Having a field isn't really a guarantee of anything. Stadiums shows would be banned then too. Clubs with like 2 doors to enter and exit etc 

If a stampede breaks out it doesn't matter where it is

I'm just looking at this from a H&S perspective which I studied for a time. 

An open field vrs these photos is like chalk and cheese. In an open field you can keep running and won't come across a barrier, but if you come up against a barrier which in the case of the above photos it is more likely you'll have an issue. 

Stadiums have really good emergency exit plans with multiple routes going from all angles. I suppose since previous Crush disasters at football games/events they now have to be designed with this in mind. 

I believe Roskilde happened when crowds rushed the stage (barrier). I'm sure festivals have evolved and put steps to not let similar things happen. But yeah sometimes even with good intentions and alot of people pushing there's not alot you could do.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

From looking at the first photo in the seated/VIP area? That looks like a nightmare to get out of should something happen. There is a tunnel that is literally shaped like a bottleneck. 

That's not even talking about the main dance area itself. It's way too crowded at the time the photo was taken.

Nobody doubts that it's not a beautiful area but i'm sure if this was in Ireland/UK there would be additional H&S applied. 

Well you mentioned that you studied H&S, so I suppose it is more than clear you could get clear perception from the picture used to show audience and the vibe. There are also 2 evacuation passages from VIP area (not shown on the presented picture).
H&S is the most important aspect of the festival structure today, the same is at Exit (specially related to the specific venue).

I have been there and its pure horror, Clive barker once wrote short story  "In the Hills, the Cities"  which is happening in south Serbia somewhere, well experience from exit dance arena can be compared  with  the one which is described in that story...its pure body horror, you are stuck, trapped  in the mass ,you  can not move it takes hours to get from one part of the stage to the other and  there is no clear exit anywhere, you are literally stuck with the rest of bodies like literally same as in clive barker story !  and safety is big concern,  those stairs,  god if you get to be stucked on the stairs well you are fucked....they  let way way way more people in then they should.....

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

I have been there and its pure horror, Clive barker once wrote short story  "In the Hills, the Cities"  which is happening in south Serbia somewhere, well experience from exit dance arena can be compared  with  the one which is described in that story...its pure body horror, you are stuck, trapped  in the mass ,you  can not move it takes hours to get from one part of the stage to the other and  there is no clear exit anywhere, you are literally stuck with the rest of bodies like literally same as in clive barker story !  and safety is big concern,  those stairs,  god if you get to be stucked on the stairs well you are fucked....they  let way way way more people in then they should.....

I want to read more posts like this. Hilarious. 

I  can say that have been coming to this festival every year since 2005 and it is by far one of the best festivals I have been too. The Dance arena holds over 40000 people and there is always some space to move around but no different to any large crowd, and if anyone does get injured, there is staff located everywhere who can and do help. I feel safe and at home, even at the campsite, great atmosphere! And the fortress itself where it's held, is a Wonder of a venue! If you never been, GO! 

On 11/7/2019 at 4:42 PM, n=Nowheretohide said:

I'll really start talking like a bot :D But if you read my posts for previous editions I generally disliked the lineup except DJs and an odd band here and there. I only go there now cause of the friends, atmosphere and it's 50€ (for Serbians).

I've been going to the dance arena since 2006 and I never ever felt unsafe. There's medical stuff at 3 points, bars on both sides and bar on the top so people generally don't move much, the longest I waited ever was like 40 seconds. There were muddy years, rainy years, hot as shit years and there were never any problems with the crowd. Exits are very clear. You have stairs to get there and get back but those stairs are never crowded and you have 4 bars to grab so you can't really fall down unless you really try to

I don't know. I never saw a festival like Exit so far (not talking about lineups cause there're like 300 better). I feel the only comparison is Sziget but even there there're way too many kids who don't know how to take their alcohol and/or drugs 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Bread212 said:

First time I'm ever going to a festival, how should I accommodate? Is it cheaper to go to the camps or find a place in Novi Sad? If I were to go to the camps, I bring my own tent, right?

Well depends how many of you are coming :D I'd say if it's 5 or more it's cheaper to find a place. Yeah, you need your own tent but there's a big Intersport shop like 10 minutes walk from the camp

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Please welcome to the Fortress, the American hit rapper Sheck Wes, ever popular Brit gems METRONOMY, living punk icon Marky Ramone and NYC's hardcore heroes Agnostic Front! 💗📣🎶🎵

Već potvrđenim imenima EXIT Fusion bine pridružuju se J.R. August, Minilinija, ŠAJZERBITERLEMON i Thundermother! Snažnu postavu Explosive bine upotpuniće i Rattus Official, Death Before Dishonor, Shining, Guitar Gangsters, MISCONDUCT, The Movement, Terminal Prospect, Bohemist, Nervosa, LAMORI, Hexis, Armada - Mex, Overdrive, Proleće, Hill, Nemesis, Stranger, Alitor, WAR ENGINE i Smrt Razuma, ali i mnogi drugi!

As I can see, nothing is in big font on the site. I guess Mo Bamba dude will be before Tyga. Metronomy on main before someone. Marky Ramone at Fusion and Agnostic Front at Explosive.

2 minutes ago, everest said:

Can someone tell me how much non ex-yu visitors pay for this awful lineup? 

it's extremely cheap for us (romanians), went in 2016 and it was around 60-70 euros.

it's a cheap festival with a nice atmosphere, but i don't think i will ever go back. 

1 hour ago, everest said:

Can someone tell me how much non ex-yu visitors pay for this awful lineup? 

There's a ton non ex yu people there. Usually those people have no idea who's even playing.

I have like 20 convos per year "hey man, who's playing tonight that I should see" and I go "Liam from Oasis is there" and they're like "oooh shit maaaan" 😄

But yeah, seems like the worst lineup so far. Also still pretty empty on both main and dance arena. I wonder if they have some problems

I barely know any confirmed names 🥴But they have strong reputation and marketing, which keeps them alive..

In Slovenia there are tourist agencies offering Exit festival, 86€ ticket and exit Village together and something like extra 30€ for bus ride, so dirty cheap.

And It's basically the only festival they are offering (or maybe some Ultra Europe), neither any domestic one, that's how spread this festival is here, seeking party people .. :

• Upvote 1

It all comes down to that Serbia didn't progress economically enough to follow the prices of acts. Ticket price for Exit was actually higher in 2007 than in 2020. So they changed from alternative festival with party atmosphere to just party and that sucks 

Edited by Nicklord