Jera On Air 2020

Drev

Finally, they wake up! Seems like previous years, they'll make their announcement on Wednesday at noon. Tickets early bird on sale next week and new names soon.

06.11 : Wake up.
13.11 : Early Bird on sale
20.11 : First names.

It's one of my favorite festivals and every year the line-up is a beast in metalcore/hardcore/punk! We should have some names in common with Full Force like always and some more great stuff.

Heaven Shall Burn, Social Distortion, While She Sleeps, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Thy Art Is Murder, Stray From The Path, Youth Of Today, Knocked Loose, Silverstein, Northlane, Sleeping With Sirens, Walls Of Jericho, Get The Shot, Any Given Day, Crystal Lake, Zebrahead, Motionless In White, Rise Of The Northstar, Counterparts, Attila, Risk It, Blood Youth, Hacktivist, Imminence... they could all be at JOA 2020.

The Ghost Inside will only play Full Force on the Mainland Europe. Agnostic Front, Bleed From Within, Bad Omens, Polar and First Blood were already there this year. They could be play 2 times in a row but not sure. 

74580512_3356341411075065_3189927190615556096_n.thumb.png.a601fc6a716584817d41bb998c5b596c.png

8 minutes ago, JACKPARKERATL said:

Spoke to the organiser after last year's festival. They almost got The Ghost Inside and they were looking at A Day to Remember and Bring Me the Horizon. Not sure how it's faring now but an interesting one to keep an eye on.

Too bad for TGI. For ADTR, I really think they'll play again at Jera. For BMTH, as they had Parkway Drive, it's possible. FortaRock is not happening. They already played at Pinkpop this year so it's the only festival they would play! Fingers crossed.

28 minutes ago, Drev said:

Too bad for TGI. For ADTR, I really think they'll play again at Jera. For BMTH, as they had Parkway Drive, it's possible. FortaRock is not happening. They already played at Pinkpop this year so it's the only festival they would play! Fingers crossed.

Didn't Parkway Drive pull out because they weren't the only ones with their logo on top of the poster?

4 minutes ago, Jefferke said:

That was Architects no? They didn't like Parkway next to them on the top of the bill. 

It's a lot more complex than that, jera promised(in the form of a contract) architects that they were headliner and would be "depicted on top on the poster"

but then the parkway drive opportunity came up and they promised parkway drive that their name would be on top of the poster.

Then you're in a deadlock, those 2 promises are not compatible. I don't blame jera for sticking with parkway drive the bigger band, but I'm also not surprised that architects drop out when the organiser promises things they can't uphold, al be it something as small as a name on a poster.

17 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Didn't Parkway Drive pull out because they weren't the only ones with their logo on top of the poster?

Nop, Architects pull out because they were not main headliners as originally planned. They booked Enter Shikari instead. A shame all actors (Architects, Parkway, Jera) didn't find a solution but business is business.

Edited by Drev

2 minutes ago, JACKPARKERATL said:

Interestingly enough the organiser also told me that "Architects will always be welcome to play here"

I heard that one too, don't quote me on it though. architects acknowledged business is business, we understand parkway drive is huge and you have to go for that opportunity but we can not allow a contract to be breached. They've played jera a couple of times already so I'm confident we'll see architects on jera very soon.

3 hours ago, xydroh said:

I heard that one too, don't quote me on it though. architects acknowledged business is business, we understand parkway drive is huge and you have to go for that opportunity but we can not allow a contract to be breached. They've played jera a couple of times already so I'm confident we'll see architects on jera very soon.

Exactly. Plus, Architects and Parkway Drive are close friends so it was definitely business. 

Early birds went on sale today at 12:00 (local time) with the message : "Get your combitickets for just 75 EURO now because they are limited. We'll announce our first headliner and many other awesome bands soon after this!"

At 12:40 they post : "WOAH! Earlies sold out in 30 minutes! We'll make a few extra available but please be advised: they'll be gone before you know it!"

How soon will be soon? :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2019 at 12:46 PM, Set said:

How soon will be soon? :)

A couple of days a go they announced that Offspring will headline on friday.  

On december 4th new names will be announced. Keep an eye on their Facebook page.

And about the ""Architects will always be welcome to play here" quote. It's true. Their main booker is a huge fan of Architects and afaik they fully take the blame. Wouldnt be surprised if they show up this year or next. 

Edited by Mallorn
Typo

9 minutes ago, xydroh said:

very nice first announcement. I hope that northlane gets a high spot. 

In 2017, they got a very high spot on the Main Stage.

Architects
Suicidal Tendencies
Northlane
While She Sleeps
Chelsea Grin

We'll see this time with the rest of the line-up. They won't be higher for sure.

23 minutes ago, Archi said:

In 2017, they got a very high spot on the Main Stage.

Architects
Suicidal Tendencies
Northlane
While She Sleeps
Chelsea Grin

We'll see this time with the rest of the line-up. They won't be higher for sure.

They did release a killer album though , maybe headliner of the second stage?

In general, they put more hardcore bands to headline the second stage (same for sub). Except in 2019 so maybe they could headline the second stage. It will depend a bit of the headliners too.

2019: Converge (+ Ignite) and The Amity Affliction (+ Turnstile)
2018: Stick To Your Guns (+ Satanic Surfers) and Terror (+ Modern Life Is War)
2017: Comeback Kid (The Bouncing Souls) and Madball (+ Deez Nuts)

11 minutes ago, Archi said:

In general, they put more hardcore bands to headline the second stage (same for sub). Except in 2019 so maybe they could headline the second stage. It will depend a bit of the headliners too.

2019: Converge (+ Ignite) and The Amity Affliction (+ Turnstile)
2018: Stick To Your Guns (+ Satanic Surfers) and Terror (+ Modern Life Is War)
2017: Comeback Kid (The Bouncing Souls) and Madball (+ Deez Nuts)

in that case it's northlane mainstage, a place just before sub seems to be reasonable. all depends on what bands are available

1 hour ago, Archi said:

August Burns Red leaked their announcement a dat earlier.

From the 12 names to be announced tomorrow, we already have NOFX, August Burns Red, Meshuggah and Of Mice & Men :) 

Do you have sources for the bands you mentioned? Cant find anything myself and my sources keep their mouths shut ;)
(Of mice and men was already confirmed)

Edited by Mallorn