Best Kept Secret Festival 2020

mellowmaniac

42 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

..there still a chance, that BKS might move to late August/September in case all headliner would be available to them.

33 minutes ago, Anton72728 said:

Not likely.

Not expecting that to happen either, considering the limited availability of the location.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2020 at 3:49 PM, Anton72728 said:

They are just waiting for Dutch government to extend the ban on public gatherings (now until june 1st). Insurance thing.

It's gonna be cancelled after tonight. Government will announce they will prolong the ban on events up to 1 September.

Edited by Judithmt

4 minutes ago, Judithmt said:

It's gonna be cancelled after tonight. Government will announce they will prolong the ban on events up to 1 September.

It's already the same with Germany and Belgium.

Primavera already secured The National, The Strokes and Massive Attack for fall 2020. Even if BKS would be allowed to take place chances are very low that US-acts would still be available to come to Europe in June.

13 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

It's already the same with Germany and Belgium.

Primavera already secured The National, The Strokes and Massive Attack for fall 2020. Even if BKS would be allowed to take place chances are very low that US-acts would still be available to come to Europe in June.

Where online does it say that Primavera secured those 3 bands for the fall??

14 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Where online does it say that Primavera secured those 3 bands for the fall??

Sorry, you're right: there is no information about the lineup and I should have double checked.

When the move of the Primavera festivals were announced the lineup was still up and I anticipated they at least had the headliner confirmed for the new date, but I haven't checked again before posting. My fault.

17 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

Sorry, you're right: there is no information about the lineup and I should have double checked.

When the move of the Primavera festivals were announced the lineup was still up and I anticipated they at least had the headliner confirmed for the new date, but I haven't checked again before posting. My fault.

Ah sorry, thanks for clarifying!

Just received following email from BKS:

At last, The Strokes at Best Kept Secret. The National playing their most beautiful album. Dancing all day in the sun, cooling off in the water, crowd surfing through The Casbah. A brand-new cinema, getting lost in the woods and ending the weekend with Massive Attack’s set.  

This would have been Best Kept Secret 2020. But instead, it won’t.   

The eight edition of Best Kept Secret is postponed until June 11-12-13, 2021 due to government-imposed measures to prevent the spread of the coronavirus (Covid-19). Your health, the health of our crew and our performing artists is and will always be paramount. For this reason, we strictly follow the instructions of the authorities. 

For us, the fact that the eighth edition of Best Kept Secret is being postponed is a massive blow.  
These are strange times that affect us all. We’d like to ask you to consider keeping your ticket for next year. All purchased tickets remain valid for 2021 automatically. 
Soon, you will receive an e-mail with information on your other ticket options. Right now, we require time to work out this solution. Due to the large amounts of questions we currently receive, we’d like to ask you to wait for this information and not contact us now. We hope for your understanding in these exceptional times.   

However, more than anything we hope for your support. This news has an enormous impact on our festival and everyone involved. For us it makes an enormous difference if you decide to stay with us in 2021. By doing so, you’ll help secure the foundation of Best Kept Secret so that we can organize a fantastic edition for you next year.  

We can't promise you who will be playing yet, but with your support we can make up for the loss of this year’s edition next year. We hope to see you on June 11-12-13, 2021.    

Until then, stay safe and healthy.  

The entire Best Kept Secret team”

As much as I’d love to support any independent festival during the difficult time, unfortunately transferring over my ticket to next year just isn’t viable. I’m based in the UK and can’t guarantee that the lineup is worth using up some of my annual leave. 

Had an amazing time when I went back in 2016 and was very much looking forward to return this year. 

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

What the fuck that's insane

Yeah nuts. Bearing in mind I don’t live in Holland my choices are keep ticket for 2021, voucher for eventim.nl for 700 euros?! or refund in 2021....have to request refund/voucher by 15th June so if keeping a ticket for festival in 2021 it’s without any bands confirmed or knowing for sure I can attend it. Here’s the refund policy on their website:

90622E43-8273-4150-8E3E-EF5169B3E33E.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Steve. said:

Yeah nuts. Bearing in mind I don’t live in Holland my choices are keep ticket for 2021, voucher for eventim.nl for 700 euros?! or refund in 2021....have to request refund/voucher by 15th June so if keeping a ticket for festival in 2021 it’s without any bands confirmed or knowing for sure I can attend it. Here’s the refund policy on their website:

90622E43-8273-4150-8E3E-EF5169B3E33E.jpeg

Hm, could you maybe keep the ticket and then try selling it if you decide you don't want to go? Might be faster than waiting for the refund =\

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Hm, could you maybe keep the ticket and then try selling it if you decide you don't want to go? Might be faster than waiting for the refund =\

I’m gonna request the refund and be done with it....I’m sure it’ll be nice when it pops into the bank account just in time for the summer season next year.