Best Kept Secret Festival 2020

mellowmaniac

On 1/20/2020 at 9:26 AM, TheFullShaboo said:

Same, I’ve already picked out the flights I’d get.

Anybody know what options I’d have for accommodation for the one night? All the on-site camping has to be booked as a collective weekend and there isn’t much choice for Tilburg unless you want to spend a small fortune

https://stadscampingtilburg.nl  I believe they also rent out bicycles. Or https://www.delanderijenrecreatie.nl/tarieven/, for which you have to book a minimum of 3 nights, but you could check if it also means you have to stay there for 3 nights.

Edited by Judithmt
extra info
  • Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, Judithmt said:

https://stadscampingtilburg.nl  I believe they also rent out bicycles. Or https://www.delanderijenrecreatie.nl/tarieven/, for which you have to book a minimum of 3 nights, but you could check if it also means you have to stay there for 3 nights.

Brilliant, just the thing we are looking for! Didn't want to have to get a 1am bus back to Amsterdam / Eindhoven on the Saturday as it means missing out on a fair few acts, at least with this now we can make our own way back whenever suits us!

Thanks!

56 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Brilliant, just the thing we are looking for! Didn't want to have to get a 1am bus back to Amsterdam / Eindhoven on the Saturday as it means missing out on a fair few acts, at least with this now we can make our own way back whenever suits us!

Thanks!

You're welcome! If you don't want to bring all your camping gear with you there is a Decahtlon at Tilburg which is a 15 minute walk from the stadscamping. 

2 hours ago, Judithmt said:

You're welcome! If you don't want to bring all your camping gear with you there is a Decahtlon at Tilburg which is a 15 minute walk from the stadscamping. 

Unfortunately we wont arrive into Amsterdam untill 9pm so there's no way we would be able to get there in time before it closes. I think our best bet is to take our own tent with us, which hopefully doesn't cost too much! 

A bunch of names have leaked off of the website, see below.

Courtesy of the Dutch Festileaks forum:

100 Gecs, Automatic, BadBadNotGood, Barker, Beach Bunny, Black Country, New Road, Black Lips, Catfish and the Bottlemen, coucou chloe, DIIV, DJ Assault, DJ Fett Burger, DJ Python, Donna Missal, Easy Life, Eve Owen, FAKA, GHUM, Giant Rooks, Girl Band, Girl Ray, Jarvis Cocker /JARV IS, Jessica Pratt, Josey Rebelle, Los Bitchos, Maggie Rogers, Marika Hackman, Meetsysteem, Mina & Bryte, minimal violence, Park Hye-jin, Pottery, Roi Perez, Sampa The Great, Sheer Mag, Sherelle, Simo Cell, Soccer Mommy, Sorry, Squid, Surfbort, The Avalanches, The Milk Carton Kids, Tinariwen, Tropical Fuck Storm, Violet, Wovenhand & Yellow Days.

• Upvote 1

Good announcement for me. Love Tropical Fuck Storm, Girl Band and DIIV.

Bit disappointed that Wovenhand were on the 'leak' but are not in the official release. They are great live.

And a whole bunch of stuff I've never heard of, so I'm sure there's plenty for me to learn about and 'discover'.

Edited by Trufflehound

3 hours ago, ConorC said:

What's the weed policy like here does anyone know? Generally accepted or? 

Hoping for a little more diversity (hip hop/djs) but happy enough with the lineup so far. Sunday in particular is a really strong day for me. 

It's the Netherlands, weed is legal.

23 hours ago, ConorC said:

Hoping for a little more diversity (hip hop/djs) but happy enough with the lineup so far. Sunday in particular is a really strong day for me. 

I've been there last year and have an experience with that: you can legally buy it in small quantities and smoke it in the local coffee shops (The Grass Company, close to the Tilburg station is a very nice one, also to spend some little time for a tea) or at home, but introducing it inside the festival area is forbidden (anyway, the security checks at the entrance are very peaceful and tolerant and I didn't saw any inside the festival area, but I suggest you to hide weed if you want to take it inside: my friend didn't and had some problems at the entrance).

Edited by gigi21

3 hours ago, adequate8 said:

how easy is it to get back to Eindhoven/Amsterdam once the bands have finished? Can see on previous Clashfinders that main bands finish midnight, but a few more into say 2am.

Tempted to do the Sat and then catch the 9am Eindhoven Sunday flight back to Manchester

Im having the same trouble. The festival does advertise this travel company that provides bus travel from the festival to multiple locations within the Netherlands (and a few in Belgium) for a decent price. Thankfully they also operate for Saturday ticket holders as well for those just going for the day (im one of them). 

https://www.festivaltransfer.nl/best-kept-secret

Think my plan at the moment is to fly into either Amsterdam or Brussels Friday night, and then use the return bus service from either of those places, before flying back Sunday. From what i can see all of the buses pick you up from the festival at 1:00am, regardless of the drop off destination, which should be ample time to see the headliner and get back to the bus pick up point. 

On 2/7/2020 at 2:42 PM, TheFullShaboo said:

Im having the same trouble. The festival does advertise this travel company that provides bus travel from the festival to multiple locations within the Netherlands (and a few in Belgium) for a decent price. Thankfully they also operate for Saturday ticket holders as well for those just going for the day (im one of them). 

https://www.festivaltransfer.nl/best-kept-secret

Think my plan at the moment is to fly into either Amsterdam or Brussels Friday night, and then use the return bus service from either of those places, before flying back Sunday. From what i can see all of the buses pick you up from the festival at 1:00am, regardless of the drop off destination, which should be ample time to see the headliner and get back to the bus pick up point. 

Cheers for this - will check it out. Also potential we just fly back from Eindhoven Sunday AM and just go straight through Sat night

On 1/26/2020 at 6:57 AM, ConorC said:

You'll be fine, just don't flaunt it.

• 2 weeks later...